Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

14 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I know the feeling - it has happened to me many times recently (unfortunately).  For me it is linked with my anxiety, as the faster my heart-rate the shorter my temper gets.  I really need to do something about it though, as aside from the obvious issue (shouting at people) it is also causing a spike in my blood pressure which gives me chest pains and dizziness afterwords. 

Anyway, this isn't the "don't like" thread so I'll shut up moaning! :laugh:

For me it's just being tired & fed up simple as that lol.  Only pains I get when my temper is raised is on my knuckles as I've usually give the wall or the door a damn good thrashing hahahahaha 

17 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Glad to hear that Chris.  Best of luck for your theory test too, I'm sure it'll go well.

I've never been a fan of carpet mats, mainly because we always end up driving/walking in muddy areas so they just get too dirty.  Rubber ones are more convenient and as you don't drive bare-foot, it doesn't make any difference in terms of comfort.  The only thing I do dislike about rubber mats is the "squeak sqeak!" every time you move your feet after walking in rain.

Mind you, maybe that isn't caused by the mat but rather the pedals...  I'll have to investigate that next time it rains!!

Thanks! Yes most of it is common sense...I'll let you all know how I get on. :wink:

I do like that the pound is rallying and the markets are getting over the Brexit wobble:smile:

19 hours ago, Preecematt said:

I also like my waist sized has gone from 36(tight) to a 32(loose) in about 3 months.  

That's very impressive :smile:

What were you doing to achieve that?

Being behind the wheel of a 44ton artic on the road for the first time. 3 more days and then my test next Monday.

Instructor says he barely had to instruct me or correct me and says I should have been able to take a test there and then and pass.

• Like 2

Nice one simcor. Class One is on the cards for me in the near future.

4 hours ago, GMX said:

I do like that the pound is rallying and the markets are getting over the Brexit wobble:smile:

That's very impressive :smile:

What were you doing to achieve that?

Cut out white bread & biscuits.  That's about it really.  Also Cheryl was on Slimming World so I got force fed that rubbish

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

Nice one simcor. Class One is on the cards for me in the near future.

I felt great when I did my class 2 and passed it and loved driving rigid's, but driving a big boys toy is so much more.

Go for it pal, anyone who says anyone can't do it sod em, if you want to do it you will do it.

I have always driven large vans and 7.5 tonner's after passing my car test, then took my class 2 (Cat C now) back in 2003, I only wish I had done my C+E (no longer class 1 anymore either lol) a long time ago.

• Like 1

Proper music.  AC/DC.  Gary Numan, The Cult, Pink Ployd, Queen, Creedence Clear Water, Booker T & the Mgs, Travelling Wilburries the list is endless

• Like 4

well done Chris. Best of luck for the practical.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

I do like this! :biggrin:

20160629_110707.png

Congrats dude.  Now straight to the test centre to pass your driving test, pass that & then boom.  The world is your Oyster

• Like 2

I do like that Brandy managed not moult all over the interior of the Mk1 Focus this morning. :smile:It is less than 24 hours since it was washed, de-furred and vacuumed..

3 hours ago, chrisroberson99 said:

20160629_110707.png

Well done Chris

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chrisroberson99 said:

20160629_110707.png

Well done!  One down, one to go!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chrisroberson99 said:

20160629_110707.png

Well done!  One down, one to go!

I do like finally getting the 405s oil changed.  It was sitting at around 10,000 miles since the last change, which is absolutely diabolical in my book, but over the past few months other things have been happening which completely stopped me from even thinking about it, let alone taking action. 

It's done now though, and will hereafter be carried out on a 3,000 mile/3 monthly basis. 

• Like 1

Thanks guys! Drove in the rain for the first time earlier and am now learning how to change down as I'm not very used to it.

• Like 1

I do like go to the dentist for a check-up and to present my latest nut related damage for repair. 

Following an x-ray and some probing, I discovered he can do a root canal on the tooth, whose filling fell out taking a couple of walls with it. i was expecting him to say the tooth wall has been damaged to the point of not being economic to repair. (a cat C tooth:laugh:)  What is left would have to be removed, allowed to heal, then a titanium socket fitted to the jaw, followed by more healing and finally an implant  fitted.

A root canal is considerably cheaper than an implant:smile:  (£200ish compared to £1500 or so) :yahoo:

It's quite surreal to see the inside of your mouth on the the 32" LCD monitor as you're being examined:ohmy:

13 minutes ago, GMX said:

I do like go to the dentist for a check-up and to present my latest nut related damage for repair. 

Following an x-ray and some probing, I discovered he can do a root canal on the tooth, whose filling fell out taking a couple of walls with it. i was expecting him to say the tooth wall has been damaged to the point of not being economic to repair. (a cat C tooth:laugh:)  What is left would have to be removed, allowed to heal, then a titanium socket fitted to the jaw, followed by more healing and finally an implant  fitted.

A root canal is considerably cheaper than an implant:smile:  (£200ish compared to £1500 or so) :yahoo:

It's quite surreal to see the inside of your mouth on the the 32" LCD monitor as you're being examined:ohmy:

my root canal cost me 700 quid about then again it was private as my dentist had no space and I needed it done asap

49 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

my root canal cost me 700 quid about then again it was private as my dentist had no space and I needed it done asap

You've also got London prices, my brother and SIL (also outer London) pay a lot more for the same things: as I do in Dorset

1 hour ago, GMX said:

You've also got London prices, my brother and SIL (also outer London) pay a lot more for the same things: as I do in Dorset

true that.

• Like 1

I do like getting home to a case of M&S wine.  The wagon can wait!

• Like 2

I do like Glacier "Pop Bottle Favourites".  I may have to make another trip to Pound World to pick up another few packs before they sell out...

• Like 1

Killing Noobs in destiny that think there are now bosses. Hahah the joy

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I do like my son has taken to driving like a duck to water.  Only one lesson in and he's already achieving independent driving marks and skills on his learner card . 

PROUD mummy moment xxxx

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

I do like my son has taken to driving like a duck to water.  Only one lesson in and he's already achieving independent driving marks and skills on his learner card . 

PROUD mummy moment xxxx

Glad to hear it!  I know a lot of people would disagree with me, but I think those who take to driving naturally turn out to be the best drivers.  There are people who need multiple lessons to get the basic skills and those are the drivers you see doing 40 in NSL zones... :unsure:

• Like 5

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club