Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I have a few likes today:smile:

I like seeing on this morning's urinalysis 8mmol/L ketones in my urine:smile:, I appeared to stall last week and got stuck on 0.5mmol/L for 9 days in a row:ohmy:

Today is also body stats day for my diet, I've lost another 2.2lbs in weight, another 13mm in girth and my %body fat has fallen 0.7% again this week (diet week running from Tuesday to Tuesday):smile:  I'm currently 13.2lbs lighter, 38mm less girthsome and have 1.22% less body fat than I did when I first started.

On Brandy's morning walk, I gathered a reasonable (for a Tuesday) £15.67 in loose change on the pavement outside the takeaways:smile:, whilst preventing Brandy from gathering a discarded kebab, a chicken wing whose crispy coating was now soggy and slimey, and something that may have been a pizza 8 hours earlier! 

Because it's half term, it only took 10 minutes to get to the vet to pick up Brandy's repeat prescription:smile:

• Like 1

i do like being a wanted person, been invited to apply for another job, so filled out application form last night just to see what the position was about.

then had email 7.30am asking for interview with available dates and times for me to click on to. that's efficiency for you.

• Like 3

I do like the Focus saving me from being late to work this morning!  Stepped outside (late as usual) to find the first frost/ice of the year had hit!!  Both cars were covered in a layer of frost and ice which would have taken 10-15 minutes to defrost in the 405 with just the heater blower, but all it took in the Focus with the Quickclear windscreen was 2 minutes to melt a thick layer of ice and get me on my way. 

Now I know the frosty mornings are here though, I'll have to start getting out 10 minutes before I have to leave in order to warm the car up. 

• Like 1

3 Bears Called
"Trouble"
"None of your business"
&
"Your manners"
One day "Trouble" went for a walk & didn't return😦 
Frantic to find there brother the remaining two Bears "your manners"&"none of your business"went to local Police station,
"None of your business" went in while "Your manners" waited in the car,
He says "Officer I'm looking for me brother"
Officer says "what's your name"
Bear replies "None of your business"
Officer Says "are you looking for trouble" 
Bear says "yeah"
Officer says "where's your manners"
Bear says "Outside"😂
  • Like 2

I do like the 405's starting problem suddenly vanishing...  I'd avoided using the car because the glow plugs ceased to work on Saturday, only to try starting it today (expecting a lot of cranking, a lot of smoke, and ultimately a flat battery!) and for it to fire right up!

God knows what was wrong with it on Saturday, or if it will happen again, but being an old French car I'm happy to leave it as "one of those things" for now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like the 405's starting problem suddenly vanishing...  I'd avoided using the car because the glow plugs ceased to work on Saturday, only to try starting it today (expecting a lot of cranking, a lot of smoke, and ultimately a flat battery!) and for it to fire right up!

God knows what was wrong with it on Saturday, or if it will happen again, but being an old French car I'm happy to leave it as "one of those things" for now.

Was the temperature outside colder on Saturday than it was today? 

My focus is diesel and even it gets grumpy on cold morning starts it isint as responsive until it warms up, 

Batteries also lose charge in colder conditions, a work colleague drove her 1.4 Diesel Fiat Panda to work at 15:00 but it wouldn't start at 23:00 I had to jump start it for her because the ambient temperature was low

10 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Was the temperature outside colder on Saturday than it was today? 

My focus is diesel and even it gets grumpy on cold morning starts it isint as responsive until it warms up, 

Batteries also lose charge in colder conditions, a work colleague drove her 1.4 Diesel Fiat Panda to work at 15:00 but it wouldn't start at 23:00 I had to jump start it for her because the ambient temperature was low

That's the thing, the temperature was the same as today, plus the car had sat since Saturday so if anything I'd expect it to be even harder to start now, but it wasn't. 

All I did prior to starting it was check the glow plug wires were all connected and wiggle them, so maybe that fixed it... :laugh:

• Like 1

I do like feeling like I've had a good night's sleep, for the first time in months!!

• Like 2

I do like that it my toe that bled throughout the house: rather than that Brandy had another UTI.:smile:

I also like, that I've finally decided on a design to rebuild the shed west wall, slightly alter the pitch of the roof (it's currently 5°, which is a tad low) and then to re-roof it.  Apart from the corrugated fixings, which Screwfix have in sensible sized 200 packs (unlike B&Q in pack of 10:laugh:), and the filler strips (Wickes are better for these), I have enough of everything in storage, timber and sheet wise, to do it.   :smile:

It is also my birthday today

• Like 2

I do like exercising Tesco's no quibble return policy, after I'd picked up two of the wrong supplements, on Saturday. 

I had picked up one of the right one (Tesco Multivitamins with minerals) and two wrong ones (Tesco Multivitamins with iron) but scanned the right one three times.  I didn't actually notice until I was standing by the loo this morning, looking into the open bathroom cabinet, as I worked out how long I would have to wait for my toothbrush to recharge.

I did wonder whether they'd query the fact the wrong ones didn't actually appear on the receipt:unsure:

No, the customer service person "Julie" , glanced at the receipt, went off and got me two more of the right ones of the shelf, and having checked the seal was still intact, gave her colleague the wrong ones to back on their shelf:smile: 

I also like being in the vegetable aisle just as several bags of kale were being marked down, not a massive saving like my previous olives: but five bags of kale for half price, is also pleasant.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like feeling like I've had a good night's sleep, for the first time in months!!

I haven't slept through the night all week, wake up around 2-3am can't get back to sleep for about an hour,

Then when my alarm goes off to get up at 05:35am I struggle to get out of bed. 

13 hours ago, GMX said:

Many happy returns Ghana.  21 again, eh?  It is my birthday in just under a month, and ironically I will be 21, although I couldn't really care less and certainly won't be doing more than perhaps having a cigar and a nice Scotch at home.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, GMX said:

And mine! (though it was yesterday now, at 1am). I:

had three cards;

a rather difficult phone conference call to a customer, about an urgent job I tried to get done for them that they had not told me about, but then could not finish properly cos' they had hidden away the equipment I needed sad.png;

a 2 email & 3 phone call discussion with a supplier about a £1500 order that they wanted to charge me in advance for, despite me being a reliable credit customer for about 18 years unsure.png ;

spent an hour or so starting to fill in my on-line tax return, to find their progress guide bar then said I was 2% of the way through!:yawn:

But I did go out for a pub meal in the evening, and my better half bought me a nice 3 course dinner,smile.png despite me being a grumpy old stick most of the day!

• Like 2

I do like picking up my new "cruiser" tonight!  1996 Mercedes-Benz C220 Diesel Automatic with 134,000 miles, lots of service history (including transmission fluid change) and a bargain price of £350.  Not exactly my "best" deal, but I didn't really push it as the owner kept it for me for over a week without a deposit, so I was more generous than usual.

Drove it 70 miles home and the cruise control was wonderful, made the long stretches of straight road effortless and driving in general was more enjoyable not having to hold the accelerator.  I know, I'm getting lazy!!

Frankly though, whether you want to be lazy or not, you are forced to adopt a sedate driving style as with a non-turbo diesel there is little in the way of acceleration!!  It has lots of torque, but at higher speeds even the kick-down fails to motivate the speedometer to move.  A lot of noise but not a lot of "go".  That's the problem with small engined automatics, and I knew that before I bought it so am not at all disappointed.

WP_20161028_00_13_05_Pro.jpg

I'm not a fan of those alloys though, so they'll be getting replaced for originals as soon as I have some spare money and can find a set in good condition.  Could probably sell those aftermarket ones to make my money back as they are all in good condition, just not my style.

Ironically, as well as being the same age as the 405, it also has the same mileage, as both are sitting at 134,000 miles!  What are the chances of that?

• Like 3

I do like discovering that the temperamental remote locking on the C220 was only due to dying batteries in the remote.  Unlike the 405 and Focus which have exposed door locks, the Mercedes uses the remote locking as the primary method of locking/unlocking the doors, so if the remote died it would make things rather inconvenient!! 

Thankfully two new CR2025 batteries has brought it back to full working order and it now operates up to 6 feet away from the car, which is pretty good for an old infrared set-up.

I also like the first of the "Blind Pig" ciders I bought from Tesco tonight.  They are apparently new (according to the stand they were on) and are flavoured ciders.  I bought one of each but have so far only tried the bourbon & blueberry, which is surprisingly tasty.  Not sure I'd buy it again, but it is far from the worst cider I've tasted, and I'm not a cider fan at the best of times.

• Like 1

do like getting paid twice in 1 month, 4 weeks wages off previous employer and 3 weeks off new employer. result. lol

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, iantt said:

do like getting paid twice in 1 month, 4 weeks wages off previous employer and 3 weeks off new employer. result. lol

Lucky for some!! :wink:

• Like 1

yeah but downside i suppose is now im a vauxhall mechanic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iantt said:

yeah but downside i suppose is now im a vauxhall mechanic.

Well, there is that...

• Like 1

thanks, at least we are busy , no guesses why. lol

17 minutes ago, iantt said:

thanks, at least we are busy , no guesses why. lol

Yeah!  I'd like to say that if I ever buy a Vauxhall I'll know who to ask for advice, but we both know I'll never buy a Vauxhall!!

1 hour ago, iantt said:

i suppose is now im a vauxhall mechanic.

Ahh, but have you joined the Vauxhall Owners Club yet?laugh.png

I just had a quick look (I put my rubber gloves and other protective gear on first, just in case I could catch something ohmy.png).

I did not see you there, and I can't say I was very impressed!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club