Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

2 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

Impatience may be getting the better of me. Not sure if the autoinstall.lst is correct and not brave enough to try just yet...😬

2020-08-27.thumb.jpg.5a8bfb1c8b93ad03b931126d8dd4cbe8.jpg

I've downloaded the same, but haven't done anything yet.

You might need to split the maps and voices in to two updates if you get any errors. It might run out of space trying to unpack all of them in one go.

• Thanks 1

I've read somewhere that the maximum Items for an autoinstall is 10, although can't find any definitive evidence.  As Alex says, if that is the case then splitting into maps and voices seems logical.

My only other comment would be filenames, don't think I've ever seen an autoinstall with the long filenames. I'd probably be inclined to remove the 13 digit number from the filenames and adjust the autoinstall accordingly. Again, you would hopefully expect an error before it started the install if that was the case.

Although I also have all the files downloaded (and md5sum checked) I'm holding off updating since I'm off on holiday next week and don't want any chance of a non-working system...

edit: I might also be tempted to add GB5T-14G386-AC to the autoinstall (or the 2nd if split) to generate an xml.

• Thanks 1

Hello everyone,

I've updated  3 cars with latest sync 3.4 from Edge Vin number. Got the xml file for all three and keeping them safe to update at a later stage. It was quite simple and straightforward procedure. Took around 28 mins. I upgraded Sync on Fiesta ST, Focus Active X Vignale and mine Focus Vignale. I have switched off wifi and auto update for the time being as well.

It's quite smooth and everything is working as expected.🤞

• Like 2

Forgot to mention that I've got F9 maps on two cars using Cyanlabs method and been using F9 maps for last 2 months without any problems.

• Like 1

Right. I think I’m good to go now. I’ve split the maps and voice updates into two separate installs with a xml log file generated at the end of both. Going to give this a try later on.

83060479-7CED-49E6-9C52-A79A427E7A1C.jpeg

D6684243-A317-4692-AF5E-4EFA67C182B4.jpeg

Colin,

I don't think the 2nd one is going to work. AFAIK you can only have one list of files in the autoinstall. I would suggest just having the xml generator in the voice install and doing that after the map install. AIUI the xml generator will produce a full listing of all the files currently installed so doing it with the voice files will still list the updated maps providing the update for those are done first. I might also add a delay to the options. This seems to add time to allow the USB drive to be removed before the system completes the update. Not having that seems like it can cause the system to think there's another update to perform when it restarts. I'm not sure what the Transaction and Include options do though , maybe others can cats some light on those options...

Also I've noticed that the .tar.gz extensions are now in lower case, make sure that agrees with the names of the files on the drive. SYNC3 is QNX based , which is Unix based and so will be case sensitive on filenames ( unlike Windows )

edit: actually I'm not sure my first comment about multiple sections in the autoinstall.lst is correct . I've just been reading this thread https://www.f150forum.com/f118/sync-3-technical-discussion-399837/index6/

and that does seem to half 2 section autoinstalls

• Like 1

Cheers Ian, I’ll do the map update first minus the log file but with the delay. Then finish up with voice and log.

If it goes pear-shaped then there's always the Cyanlabs reformat and reinstall

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ianincheshire said:

If it goes pear-shaped then there's always the Cyanlabs reformat and reinstall

Yeah, got that ready to go on another stick. Just in case.

Fingers crossed. That didn't take as long as I expected.

31 minutes ago, ianincheshire said:

Fingers crossed. That didn't take as long as I expected.

Just over an hour.

CF36A19B-ADE4-4EC3-A6E7-69A63F1C628B.jpeg

20 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

Seems okay. Voice going in next.

E804B709-6EA1-49C1-8D2A-9B2B21993E84.jpeg

18719ACF-A238-4E7D-B5CC-C66A412CB7BA.jpeg

Thanks Colin for keeping us all updated on you progress. 👍

Hope all goes well.

Could you please confirm your date of registration and your previous  sync version and build version.

Was it Sync 3.3 build 19052 ?
This is the version I am on at the moment.

13 minutes ago, PLB said:

Thanks Colin for keeping us all updated on you progress. 👍

Hope all goes well.

Could you please confirm your date of registration and your previous  sync version and build version.

Was it Sync 3.3 build 19052 ?
This is the version I am on at the moment.

No problem Paul.

The date of registration was 09/09/19 and previous version was 3.3.19052 and F8.

• Thanks 1

Nav Voice updated successfully, xml generated. All done.

5ADA5EA6-689F-4163-B1C1-4C789E612D53.jpeg

• Like 1

Colin,

Thanks for the updates. Glad it all seems to have worked.

Could you possibly post the autoinstall files you used in the end. I've already got all the files downloaded and I plan to do the updates on mine as soon as I'm back from holiday.

36 minutes ago, ianincheshire said:

Colin,

Thanks for the updates. Glad it all seems to have worked.

Could you possibly post the autoinstall files you used in the end. I've already got all the files downloaded and I plan to do the updates on mine as soon as I'm back from holiday.

No problem Ian, I’ll post them once I get home from dog walks.

Ian,

Here are the autoinstall files I used to update to F9 maps & voice. I've renamed them so they would upload.

I would suggest generating an xml log separately after installing the map update. This might be useful when the official updates are released. If Ford split the maps and voice into two separate updates it might require an xml log after the map update to trigger the voice update.

For me the map update took 63 minutes and the nav voice update took 52 minutes.

map.txt voice.txt

Colin,

Thanks.

I guess that might be a good idea, I'll just create an autoinstall to run the xml log generator separately.

1 minute ago, ianincheshire said:

Colin,

Thanks.

I guess that might be a good idea, I'll just create an autoinstall to run the xml log generator separately.

Upon further investigation I would suggest removing the log generator from the end of the voice install too. I looked at the one that generated and there was only one Nuance and one Nuance/grace entry. I’ve just run the standalone log generator this morning and got the expected five Nuance and one Nuance/grace entries. 
Sync must need the full shutdown/power off before the update is fully completed.

• Like 1

Another update. Voice commands for navigation didn’t show up initially. Master Reset and they’re working as expected.

On 8/24/2020 at 9:52 PM, Alex.S said:

I’m on F8 , to be honest in the almost year I’ve had the car I’ve not asked sync for directions to a postcode or petrol station . Or maybe any POI. I’ve been typing in destinations to get there then saying “previous destination home etc” . Your on the right thread for this ..good luck..

Hi Alex,

Thank you so much again for your time, communicating with me last week. I followed a comment made by RS-JON on the MK3 RS FOCUS forum to revert back maps and it worked!

I started by extracting the F7 Map update to USB, single download and plugged it into my Sync 3 and the system just rolled back the installation from F9 to F7 automatically. Voice navigation for Postcodes and POIs started working. I did the same for the F8 Map update, again a single download and finally the installation for F9 Maps!

Everything I need works, I am running Sync 3.0 build 19205 with F9 Maps.

Sincere Thanks,

Haroon

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody received any updates on when the mysterious sync 3.3 maps F9 might be released.

just returned from a staycations and how out of date F7 maps is became very apparent!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club