Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

6 minutes ago, DaveG1975 said:

Is there do’s or don’t when installing map updates 

The map update will take around two hours with a decent USB flash drive. The most important thing is that the engine is running so that Sync doesn’t shutdown during the update. If that happens the update will start from the beginning again. I did mine parked on the driveway and turned off the max 30 minute idle in Vehicle Settings in the instrument panel.

9 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

The map update will take around two hours with a decent USB flash drive. The most important thing is that the engine is running so that Sync doesn’t shutdown during the update. If that happens the update will start from the beginning again. I did mine parked on the driveway and turned off the max 30 minute idle in Vehicle Settings in the instrument panel.

Sorry Col if you’ve already answered this,  (huge thread) , did you get the F9 maps from the ford website? I’ve got a 2020 STX , getting the same “your software is up to date “ msg that some other owners are also getting. I’ve tweeted ford uk , expecting a response tomorrow. Mines a lease car so has to be the official version ..

4 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Sorry Col if you’ve already answered this,  (huge thread) , did you get the F9 maps from the ford website? I’ve got a 2020 STX , getting the same “your software is up to date “ msg that some other owners are also getting. I’ve tweeted ford uk , expecting a response tomorrow. Mines a lease car so has to be the official version ..

I got my map software straight away after updating 3.4 but I’m unsure if it’s f9 version or not 

1 minute ago, DaveG1975 said:

I got my map software straight away after updating 3.4 but I’m unsure if it’s f9 version or not 

If you go into settings>general settings >About SYNC

scroll down if it says ...Navigation maps version: F9 

you’ve got the latest.

i’m currently on F8

10 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

If you go into settings>general settings >About SYNC

scroll down if it says ...Navigation maps version: F9 

you’ve got the latest.

i’m currently on F8

I’ve not yet updated maps just downloaded new version tonight so hope it’s f9 I’m currently using f7

Just now, DaveG1975 said:

I’ve not yet updated maps just downloaded new version tonight so hope it’s f9 I’m currently using f7

That’s interesting. It seems to me Ford are updating owners on F7 first. 
mine came with F8 , October last year. 

I’ve updated the sync but like most people I’ve not been offered a map update. So I’m 3.4 with F7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

No worries Alex. I downloaded the updated F9 map files individually from Ford’s servers before they released the zip package for the Focus (I found the links) and made my own autoinstall.lst file and installed them.

Using my VIN I got the official Sync 3.4 update zip from Ford, uploaded the installation confirmation xml and was then offered the official F9 maps package.

I’ve since uploaded the maps installation confirmation xml to Ford. Strangely I’m still being offered the map update.

8656BF74-2D0F-4926-A94D-E1480F5A9DD8.jpeg

1 minute ago, jambmoz said:

I’ve updated the sync but like most people I’ve not been offered a map update. So I’m 3.4 with F7

Is the ford website saying ‘a new map update is available’ ? Then click on and 
then getting “you are up to date’ ?

There’s nothing about maps, it doesn’t even say they are up to date now. Just software is already up to date no action required

3 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

No worries Alex. I downloaded the updated F9 map files individually from Ford’s servers before they released the zip package for the Focus (I found the links) and made my own autoinstall.lst file and installed them.

Using my VIN I got the official Sync 3.4 update zip from Ford, uploaded the installation confirmation xml and was then offered the official F9 maps package.

I’ve since uploaded the maps installation confirmation xml to Ford. Strangely I’m still being offered the map update.

8656BF74-2D0F-4926-A94D-E1480F5A9DD8.jpeg

I’m still getting the ‘up to date’ msg. 
Were you on F7 ? or F8 previously? 

1 minute ago, Alex.S said:

I’m still getting the ‘up to date’ msg. 
Were you on F7 ? or F8 previously? 

I was on F8.

14 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

There’s nothing about maps, it doesn’t even say they are up to date now. Just software is already up to date no action required

I’ve been getting that msg for almost a year before getting the sync3.4 download at the weekend. You’re not Focus tho? 

I’ve been getting that msg for almost a year before getting the sync3.4 download at the weekend. You’re not Focus tho? 

No, I’m Galaxy. 2 years old next month.

I have a ford focus 2014 titanium my navigation system is not working as it should difficult to find certain areas. went onto a web site GP update within a very short time I got a phone call from GP update from a guy called Mark, he asked to insert the SD card from my radio into my Computer to update it, I said no I asked him what was the fee to update my navigation he said it was free and he was from GARMIN SUPPORT

Is this genuine ???

I don't know if this helps but I have a Focus built in January of this year which came with F8.  I did do a check a few days ago on Ford's website to be told my software was up to date ... however last night I noticed the car was auto updating which still seems to be underway this morning though I see I now have F9.  Feel a little guilty because it all seems v straightforward ... no hassle involved at all!

1 hour ago, Usinspain said:

I have a ford focus 2014 titanium my navigation system is not working as it should difficult to find certain areas. went onto a web site GP update within a very short time I got a phone call from GP update from a guy called Mark, he asked to insert the SD card from my radio into my Computer to update it, I said no I asked him what was the fee to update my navigation he said it was free and he was from GARMIN SUPPORT

Is this genuine ???

This seems a pretty confused note.  Does your Focus have Sync 2 with built-in navigation or are we talking about a standalone Garmin system?  What on earth do you want to be doing by updating an SD card from your radio??!!

Do you think the call was genuine?!

Finally if you have Sync 2 you can buy an update SD card from your dealer (I believe v expensive) or you can take a look on eBay for, say, "FORD SD CARD SAT NAV MAP UK & EUROPE".  Always a bit of a risk with eBay but I personally never had any problems.

Hi thanks for your interest I have not got a clue how to upgrade my navigation or how do i find if it has Sync 2 the navigation is built in and was installed when i bought the car in 2017, never heard of a Garmin system and has for updating a SD card from my radio what is the best way to upgrade it any help would be welcome

Always wary when someone says there is no cost and that is why I would not remove the SD card and put it in my computer

If you say you say you have never had any problem with eBay I will try them so if I get a Sd card do i just put it in my radio and thats it completed ???

13 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Anyone seeing any movement on the ford web site offering mapsF9?

There was a software update due on my car and I have saved it into a Flashdrive will need to go to a dealer to let them put it on my car

Think you are expected to DIY .....

if you have unzipped the file to your flash just insert in car USB and it should start updating 

2 hours ago, Linds said:

I don't know if this helps but I have a Focus built in January of this year which came with F8.  I did do a check a few days ago on Ford's website to be told my software was up to date ... however last night I noticed the car was auto updating which still seems to be underway this morning though I see I now have F9.  Feel a little guilty because it all seems v straightforward ... no hassle involved at all!

You just turned auto updates on ? And it’s updated over night? 
I thought USB stick was the only way..

I just put my usb flashdrive into my car but could not get it to install enjoy your map reading but i do find everything confusing with things like this

18 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

You just turned auto updates on ? And it’s updated over night? 
I thought USB stick was the only way..

I set my car to auto updates 3 months ago when I bought it.  Made sure it connected with our wifi when parked on the drive.  periodically checked if there were any updates from the car but yesterday I think it updated itself without input from me.  There was an icon indicating it was downloading something.  No more to report than that.... I believe I heard that earlier Mk4's have to be updated manually but I'm not sure. If it would help to see some screenshots of the various software versions from my car, happy to let you see these.

Sent a twitter message to FordUK ask why my account said there was a map update, but the link said I'm upto date.

Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 13.54.01.jpeg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club