Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I've just seen an adult in a Mr Incredibles morphsuit running along the footpath! :laugh:

It was Spiderman last week! :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I've just seen an adult in a Mr Incredibles morphsuit running along the footpath! :laugh:

Good to see there are still some job promotions during these difficult times 😅

Spider man could have become the next carrier of the virus as he chills in everyone's back garden during the summer then as the weather get cooler he wants to come in to your house

• Like 2

Like getting my £25 refund from Admiral for my car insurance! Always nice to get a bit of money 😂

• Like 4

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Would be funny if I saw that 😂. Imagine someone in a deadpool costume 🤣

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

Like getting my £25 refund from Admiral for my car insurance! Always nice to get a bit of money 😂

I'm with Elephant (part of Admiral) and I got the £25 Refund email the other day,
They say they will be in contact by the end of May with details,
That got me a bit suspicious that the '£25 Refund' will just be a '£25 off Renewal',
If it is credit, they can obviously charge you whatever they want to negate the difference anyway (call me cynical lol).

If we are in a semi lock-down mid August (my renewal), I'd like to see a noticeable difference from last years Premium.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zain611 said:

Imagine someone in a deadpool costume 🤣

You should buy one and run around the neighbourhood for your daily exercise! :biggrin: 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RAIDER32 said:

If we are in a semi lock-down mid August (my renewal), I'd like to see a noticeable difference from last years Premium.

I can't see that happening, semi-lockdown will cause a huge increase in car crashes.  Most people haven't been able to drive for months and are then suddenly all allowed back on the roads... 😮 

15 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I can't see that happening, semi-lockdown will cause a huge increase in car crashes.  Most people haven't been able to drive for months and are then suddenly all allowed back on the roads... 😮 

That is so true, I'm amazed at how many crashes on local roads there are considering how quiet it is (and not involving another car)
I may be wrong, but aren't Premiums calculated on the cost of the previous years payouts?
I'm sure that will change to 'we expect you all to go out and crash, so we are planning for the future'

It will be like fuel prices, the second oil goes up the pumps go up, but if they drop it's 'oh we bought this oil at a higher rate already'.

12 minutes ago, RAIDER32 said:

That is so true, I'm amazed at how many crashes on local roads there are considering how quiet it is (and not involving another car)
I may be wrong, but aren't Premiums calculated on the cost of the previous years payouts?
I'm sure that will change to 'we expect you all to go out and crash, so we are planning for the future'

It will be like fuel prices, the second oil goes up the pumps go up, but if they drop it's 'oh we bought this oil at a higher rate already'.

Somehow there was a 3 car crash on the Orwell bridge a couple of weeks ago...  It's a straight road (as bridges tend to be!), wide dual carriageway, and is even restricted to 60mph by average speed cameras because so many idiots cant manage to cross it without playing bumper cars...  How on earth people still manage to crash on it during lockdown is a mystery, especially involving 3 cars...I'm sure they must actually be aiming for other cars! :laugh: 

That's an interesting point regarding premiums, I'm not sure if last years payouts are used as part of this years premium calculations.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm not sure if last years payouts are used as part of this years premium calculations.

I could be wrong,
but I'm sure I read that when prices rocketed it was because of the previous claims bill and their profit margin.

1 hour ago, RAIDER32 said:

I'm with Elephant (part of Admiral) and I got the £25 Refund email the other day,
They say they will be in contact by the end of May with details,
That got me a bit suspicious that the '£25 Refund' will just be a '£25 off Renewal',
If it is credit, they can obviously charge you whatever they want to negate the difference anyway (call me cynical lol).

From the wording I gather it will be a proper refund, I agree that a credit would be a bit of a cop out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

From the wording I gather it will be a proper refund, I agree that a credit would be a bit of a cop out.

We are in strange times, but Insurers giving cash back is even stranger.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RAIDER32 said:

We are in strange times, but Insurers giving cash back is even stranger.

People remember how companies behave in times like these.

While there is certainly some truth in their reasoning for giving cashback, it is a PR exercise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

People remember how companies behave in times like these.

While there is certainly some truth in their reasoning for giving cashback, it is a PR exercise.

People will also remember those companies that have decided to put consumer rights on hold and not offer refunds or returns until this is over.

We've been battling with two companies - one refused to let us return or refund faulty items and the other refused to cancel our order for something that wasnt being delivered. The latter is now resolved (after a month they finally contacted their supplier and confirmed that they had no intention of delivering anything), but the former is refusing until the current situation passes. They're both still quite happy to sell you stuff and take your money though :fyou:

• Like 1

I know the other tight-arses with the daily HUKD email will have already seen this but it made me giggle!  I wonder if there's a Trump equivalent! :laugh: 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Boris-Johnson-Toilet-Brush-Satire-Fun-Novelty-Gift-Secret-Santa-Brush-Prank/333439490363?fbclid=IwAR39JBebKHIZJvFZau-UB_v6ISWZu0KLqeicWuFoe7HFBH_E9JjN5-nEHeQ

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

I got the email from Admiral too. Bit of a shock, getting money back. Sadly it's a fixed amount and not a percentage of the premium, but better than nothing. 

There are some FAQs on their site about the refund, and it does specifically say it will be a refund, and they won't apply it as money off a renewal. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, erictcleric said:

I got the email from Admiral too. Bit of a shock, getting money back. Sadly it's a fixed amount and not a percentage of the premium, but better than nothing. 

There are some FAQs on their site about the refund, and it does specifically say it will be a refund, and they won't apply it as money off a renewal. 

Any sort of money back is always appreciated isn’t it!? That’s good that they’ve said on their FAQ’s.

I like finally driving the car at night and playing with the ambient lighting in it 😂

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

You should buy one and run around the neighbourhood for your daily exercise! :biggrin: 

14 hours ago, zain611 said:

I'm sure my partner could make you one after she has made her own costume. Got material drying outside ready for her to make her own scrubs for work. Day off today for her from Tending to the sick. 

But they could become car cleaning cloths if she doesn't hurry up. 😂😂😂

15877381471801722815895.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, dtulip8 said:

Any sort of money back is always appreciated isn’t it!? That’s good that they’ve said on their FAQ’s.

I like finally driving the car at night and playing with the ambient lighting in it 😂

☺️ Reminds me of Digital Versicolor by Glass Candy 

• Like 1

I do like only having one more ***** to work; 

Then I'm off until Thursday, I usually work six days per week including all bank holidays and I am glad to be still operating during these difficult times but the change of shift pattern every week catches up on you every few months,

I've got a few jobs to be done around the house aswell as on the focus which I will take a few days off to get done; I can then operate the shift patterns better when I'm not thinking of those jobs which I would like to have completed. 

Such as changing the rubber de-wiper plug in the rear window from rubber to glass,

Replacing the ford logo puddle lights in the front doors,

Fixing the aftermarket rear door Speakers which have stopped working; possible loose connection in the door, 

Replacing the rear passenger brake light bulb,

Installing the cable for the IR. Television remote control from the boot panel in to the front dashboard.

Upgrading the glovebox light. 

Fitting a HDMI input & usb connection to the centre console underneath the arm rest to replace the standard 12v socket housing; connect the other end to the rear of the Pioneer aftermarket headunit for connection of a chrome cast 

And sorting out alot oc items which are currently being stored in the attic. 

• Like 1

Sorry if I've been a bit negative of late. I too got the Admiral email and that means refunds for both the Merc and the ST :thumbsup:

I've also just finished work for the week. Working from home is quite intense when trying to juggle family life and have all these endless webcasts. Still, I'm very grateful to be able to work from home, even if I'm really craving the weekends by the end of the week.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, zain611 said:

There was an article in the free paper about the 'local superheroes' today...there is also a Deadpool going around apparently!! :laugh:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, zain611 said:

I’ve been wanting to watch that again since baked potato came out. Looked for it at the time on iplayer and it wasn’t there. Assumed they were hoarding it for britbox. That’s awesome it’s been put back on for free. Hope they upload all of them again. 

• Like 1

My existing Bosch S4 007 battery in my 2010 Ford Focus 1.6TDCi is on its way out of service; although it is over five years old and supports aftetmarket items such as two Class D amplifiers, tv tuner, dash cams and a 10" roof monitor.

I live in Ireland and the country is as others in lockdown; I'm an essential worker manufacturing pharmaceuticals for two vaccines currently in clinical trials aswell as other pharmaceuticals; so I need the vehicle to be operating well, 

But there isn't anywhere open for me to purchase a replacement battery; and I don't want anything other than a Bosch battery in my car because nothing else will provide the consistent performance as much as Bosch does, 

So sourcing a supplier of a new battery during lockdown is one obstacle; sourcing a Bosch S4 007 or Bosch S5 007 from that supplier is then another obstacle again. 

The Bosch S5 is slightly bigger capacity to the S4, meaning you can use it alot more without having to run the engine; the S5 is designed for vehicles with additional accessories such as heated seats, heated windscreen or those with "stop/start" technology. 

So I set my sights on sourcing a Bosch S5 007 for my focus with the only alternative option being that I would walk to work instead of fitting anything other. 

I went on to amazon and found a supplier of Bosch S5 and found the 007 variant in stock; all good, however they don't ship to Ireland, which is somewhat understandable as batteries can be dangerous; I had an experience before where a seller in Dublin couldn't get a courier to ship batteries around the country by road; which is where I had to drive 40 minutes up to Dublin last time to purchase the Bosch S4,

Anyway back on topic; found a supplier with a Bosch S5 007 in stock selling for £104.00 couldn't believe the price; so cheap compared to the €243.00 price tag I was facing with an online supplier in Ireland, 

However they don't ship outside of the mainland, 

I decided to try shipping it via AddressPal which is a service operated by Irish post; they provide you with a specific number to use on top of there address in herefordshire; they receive the parcel then check there data base to match the specific number with your real address then forward it on to either your address or a cheaper option of having it delivered to your local post office.

However they don't ship anything atall to do with batteries; I wondered what they would say to receiving a 20kg battery 😂

I chose to ignore that part and chance purchase via AddressPal.

Got a text thismorning to say a parcel was ready for collection in my local post office; I was expecting to collect a small envelope containing a small glass plug for the rear wiper of my focus to replace the existing rubber de-wiper bung currently fitted, which I have also shipped to the AddressPal address.

However to my surprise and excitement;

20200425_110123.thumb.jpg.c496cae18bcccab98b252cef89e9c92f.jpg

It was the battery 😂

Only cost me €3.95 shipping to receive it from the post office via the uk address service, and means I don't have to worry about the car not starting when working nights or evening shifts, 

Very well packaged 

20200425_102018.thumb.jpg.68e0d8a8ccede1a18d08d405d4fc2c44.jpg

And here it is ready for fitting 🥳

20200425_102149.thumb.jpg.0bd57c9368514abe4b09dd5f3f410682.jpg

20200425_111145.thumb.jpg.060064630d134b579d3bf5ace9994ef4.jpg

Existing battery is showing 12.4V on my capacitor at the moment but it was 12.1v at 3am thismorning when I went to it for a lunch break.

20200425_111236.thumb.jpg.4e37c69f97ddccef76b203d065930496.jpg

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club