Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

4 minutes ago, GMX said:

I don't like that Brandy fell down the stairs (again) first thing this morning, on her way down to her morning ablutions, but unlike last time, didn't get up after her collision with the floor:sad:  She remained motionless for too long, and then yelped and growled when I tried to assess what she might have done to herself:sad:  Fearing she'd broken something, I manoeuvred her on to, and then wrapped her in a blanket and went straight down to the vets. 

She perked up a bit on the journey; but wasn't herself:mellow:  She remained cocooned on the back seat in her blanket

After an examination, an x-ray, and a CT scan the vet said she hadn't broken anything:smile: nor did she have any internal organ injuries:smile: She (vet) said it was the shock of having fallen the human equivalent of a 4-storey building, that immobilised her.  She (Brandy) does have a swollen cheek where she hit the occasional table in the hall but no mouth or muzzle injuries.

I misremembered the expiry date of Mk1's MOT, I'd wrongly remembered it as the 18th December, it was actually the 15th.

For 6000 miles, my Foci would have had around 12 oil changes!  Every 6 months, mine have one. But then you do more miles per month than I do per year:laugh:

How old is brandy now?

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

How old is brandy now?

She's 16

A modern NA petrol really doesn't need 6k changes tbh, you could save yourself a fair bit of money there!

I don't like ordering a book back at the beginning of December as an Xmas gift...not stocked but could be printed...16 days later it's still not done - how long can it take to print some pages and stick them together!? :dry:  What's worse is that no-one can tell me when it'll be ready, the seller doesn't know, and the printer hasn't bothered replying.  Now I'm not sure whether to hope it arrives tomorrow or see if I can find an alternative today and cancel the original. :unsure: 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GMX said:

She's 16

Ah, my mum's Collie cross is 12 and is just starting to show signs of getting old.

Stiff when she first gets out of bed and can't jump in the back of the car any more (well she gets her front up then gets stuck, poor thing).

5 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

A modern NA petrol really doesn't need 6k changes tbh, you could save yourself a fair bit of money there!

I don't like ordering a book back at the beginning of December as an Xmas gift...not stocked but could be printed...16 days later it's still not done - how long can it take to print some pages and stick them together!? :dry:  What's worse is that no-one can tell me when it'll be ready, the seller doesn't know, and the printer hasn't bothered replying.  Now I'm not sure whether to hope it arrives tomorrow or see if I can find an alternative today and cancel the original. :unsure: 

Was that from lulu.com?  They have a very relaxed attitude when it comes to processing orders. 

After a delay of 56 days: it was supposed to be 14! I cancelled the order

2 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Ah, my mum's Collie cross is 12 and is just starting to show signs of getting old.

Stiff when she first gets out of bed and can't jump in the back of the car any more (well she gets her front up then gets stuck, poor thing).

I assist Brandy with the handle on her harness, to get in and out of the cars now.  Without it, she too gets stuck.

I did make her ramp, for the Mk2, where she has her crate, but she is very reluctant to use it.  She prefers to have an assisted leap

Does your Mum's dog have osteoarthritis?  Brandy has it in her hips and knees, and has Metacam which makes quite a difference once she's had it,

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GMX said:

Was that from lulu.com?  They have a very relaxed attitude when it comes to processing orders. 

I assist Brandy with the handle on her harness, to get in and out of the cars now.  Without it, she too gets stuck.

I did make her ramp, for the Mk2, where she has her crate, but she is very reluctant to use it.  She prefers to have an assisted leap

Does your Mum's dog have osteoarthritis?  Brandy has it in her hips and knees, and has Metacam which makes quite a difference once she's had it,

She has been fully checked over for arthritis, but the vet's said she doesn't have anything obvious. He's said from the symptoms though that it could be the start of it.

3 minutes ago, GMX said:

No, it was from a reputable high street shop beginning with a W...  Basically they can't see their own online system so don't have any idea when items ordered online will arrive until they are at the store ready for collection. :unsure:  I found the printing company online and emailed them with no response so far.  I checked the retailers site for anything similar that I could go and physically get today but nothing similar was in stock either, all have to be ordered, at varying times between two to three weeks estimated delivery.  No wonder no-one reads books anymore when I could've downloaded it onto a Kindle in 10 minutes - if the recipient owned a Kindle lol.

16 seems quite old for a big dog, my Nans dog is about 12 now and showing quite a few signs of old age, including arthritis and more recently an enlarged prostate...I'm glad it was my sister and not myself explaining to my nan what that was and how they checked it in the very public waiting room at the vets... :laugh:  Apparently chopping his balls off will fix that though so he had that done last week. :mellow:

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

16 seems quite old for a big dog, my Nans dog is about 12 now and showing quite a few signs of old age, including arthritis and more recently an enlarged prostate...I'm glad it was my sister and not myself explaining to my nan what that was and how they checked it in the very public waiting room at the vets... :laugh:  Apparently chopping his balls off will fix that though so he had that done last week. :mellow:

It was only this summer that Brandy started to show signs of being an older dog.  She was then diagnosed with osteoarthritis in September, a fortnight before her 16th birthday and now has Metacam every day with her breakfast tripe. 

She's at her stiffest and lacking in paw co-ordination as soon as she wakes up and goes downstairs for her morning ablutions. Once she's had her medicine, she loses her stiffness and gains control of her paws but she hasn't got the muscle mass she used to have.  With stairs, getting into and out of the car, leaping on to chairs and sofas; she now needs help. 

However, she's outlived all my mates dogs who were roughly the same age as her and apart from her arthritis, she's always been a healthy dog

The day Brandy went to the vets and had her hysterectomy, I changed the from a BMW 740 to a Peugeot 406 estate. So she was not only was disorientated from the anaesthetic wearing off; the car she went home in wasn't the one she came in, and she needed to sniff the Peugeot extensively before getting in it:mellow:

Curiously, that was tomorrow but 15 years ago!

• Like 1

I don't like recieving a desk calendar when I thought I'd ordered a wall one...Guess that explains the price...I don't even have a desk!  Fail... :laugh:

I also don't like not being able to give directions to the courier that asked earlier...I almost sent him completely in the wrong direction, fortunately there was an older couple passing that I stopped and they knew the area better...But still got the wrong turning first time lol.  He did eventually get there...It's not that rare that I get asked directions, but it's never somewhere I know!! :unsure:

In other news, I found a suitable substitute book and cancelled the Waterstones order! :smile:

I don't like my Hydro bill!! :shock:  All thanks to my mother who sits at home all day every day over a convector heater because she's "cold".  Maybe go out and GET A JOB instead of sitting at home every day, would that be such an outrageous idea?  Problem is, she always has a job lined up that is starting "next month" and will turn our finances around...  Shame it never materialises.

Makes me wonder why I bother going to work.  All my wages go on keeping the cars on the road (the Focus technically being hers, which I bought for her and pay to keep on the road so she has independence), paying the bills, and what do I get in return?  Abuse and constant put-downs.  The worst thing is that even with all that, I am still better off than I would be if I lived on my own, so I can't even move out.  Plus, if I did then she'd end up destitute and then I'd never forgive myself.

And then people wonder why I'm depressed!! :no:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like my Hydro bill!! :shock:  All thanks to my mother who sits at home all day every day over a convector heater because she's "cold".  Maybe go out and GET A JOB instead of sitting at home every day, would that be such an outrageous idea?  Problem is, she always has a job lined up that is starting "next month" and will turn our finances around...  Shame it never materialises.

Makes me wonder why I bother going to work.  All my wages go on keeping the cars on the road (the Focus technically being hers, which I bought for her and pay to keep on the road so she has independence), paying the bills, and what do I get in return?  Abuse and constant put-downs.  The worst thing is that even with all that, I am still better off than I would be if I lived on my own, so I can't even move out.  Plus, if I did then she'd end up destitute and then I'd never forgive myself.

And then people wonder why I'm depressed!! :no:

I'm married with similar problems regarding unnecessary use of appliances, our three kids switch on everything without care and the wife uses up all the diesel visiting her mother.

As the journey Gets closer am now starting to wonder maybe flying would have been better after all. Basically do not like anxiety

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I don't like finding somebody hadn't picked after, judging by the quantity of it, the poo from their rather large dog, left on the pavement outside my entrance:sad:  And then another passer by had stepped on it and smeared along the pavement:sad:  Smeared poo is much harder to remove and bag than intact poo, I had to get the power wash out to cleanse the pavement:mellow:

I also don't like, if it weren't for the Tesco max strength cold capsules stopping the symptoms, I still have my streaming cold.  Which is very noticeable whilst I'm waiting for the first dose of the morning to take effect, around 20 minutes of streaming and nose blowing this morning:sad:  A third of a loo roll was consumed before I took Brandy out!:ohmy: 

I don't like ripping the side of my right thumb off with an unexpected staple, as I dismantled the cardboard box my saw came in, for the recycling bin.:ohmy::sad:  

I was going to keep it as a scrap wood bin but it's just that little bit too big (bigger than washing machine) to fit under the bench. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GMX said:

I don't like ripping the side of my right thumb off with an unexpected staple, as I dismantled the cardboard box my saw came in, for the recycling bin.:ohmy::sad:  

I was going to keep it as a scrap wood bin but it's just that little bit too big (bigger than washing machine) to fit under the bench. 

Was it one of them copper ones they hurt like hell  :ohmy:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dezwez said:

Was it one of them copper ones they hurt like hell  :ohmy:

Yes, and they do.

I thought I'd pulled all of them out with the pliers before I commenced tearing up the box

7 minutes ago, GMX said:

Yes, and they do.

I thought I'd pulled all of them out with the pliers before I commenced tearing up the box

If i have any big cardboard box's i will leave them out in the rain that make them so easy to fold up small. :smile:

1 hour ago, GMX said:

If you ripped your thumb opening the box the saw came in, take care when using the saw !

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Joss max said:

If you ripped your thumb opening the box the saw came in, take care when using the saw !

Ha ha. :laugh:

Screenshot_20161221-180233.png

DOH!!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Ha ha. :laugh:

Screenshot_20161221-180233.png

DOH!!!

I'm trying to work out how that occurred:unsure:

Even with a table saw or bandsaw, you wouldn't have both hands near the blade at the same time

I used to have a mate, who was spectacularly careless around machinery, to date he has severed an entire arm, when he turned round to talk someone whilst cutting firewood with a chainsaw. The saw kicked back and spun round, taking his left arm with it, at the shoulder.:ohmy: some 16 hours of surgery later it was re-attached.

On later occasion he partially castrated himself with an angle grinder.:ohmy: When he thought he'd save money by using a much bigger blade than his angle grinder was meant for; it shattered as it spun up one piece slicing into his groin, parting the bag from it's contents.  The surgeons, once again put him back together, albeit visually rather than functionally.

Not one to learn from such experiences, he itched his stomach with power planer whilst it was running.:ohmy:  Here his T-shirt saved him, it jammed the planer

Ha ha, poor fella, it reads comically though. I bet you never let him near you with any power tools after all of that!

Apparently the pic is actually a chinese ladies hands and the accident was in a paper mill in China. Thats all it says about it. I just googled 'Fingers chopped off' and looked in Images.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Ha ha, poor fella, it reads comically though. I bet you never let him near you with any power tools after all of that!

Apparently the pic as actually a chinese ladies hands and the accident was in a paper mill in China. Thats all it says about it. I just googled 'Fingers chopped off' and looked in Images.

If it is true that the government are spying on all our internet activity, then that one should give them a laugh! :laugh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

If it is true that the government are spying on all our internet activity, then that one should give them a laugh! :laugh:

I doubt they would be on here. They scan for certain words like BOMB, GUN, TERROR, DRUGS, ooops, i think i might have inadvertently pinged us up on their radar, everyone log off quick!:laugh:

I dont like sirens going off outside my house! Hang on, someones at the door........

• Like 3

I don't like the feeling in my throat and general hot and cold sensation in my body that makes me think I am coming down with something.  God damn it!!

I do not like taking my car to fix the lights just to find out that it was a very easy fix. Like 3 mins

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club