Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like cracking a molar (again) with a concrete-like brazil nut:sad:

Apart from the scaffold pole collision incident of 1989 and the piece of stone inside a sausage (1998), all my teeth injuries have involved overhard nuts:mellow:

2 hours ago, Lenny said:

This one made me laugh before uncontrollably bursting in to tears 😭

wife plugged dishwasher just before Christmas and it now needs replacement.

today we went to purchase a replacement and first one we see for sale in the shop at €420 is the exact Bosch one we have sitting broken in the ***** kitchen 😐

Is that one that the gummed up with melted cheddar cheese dishwasher?  Can't you just replace the filter system or is the damage worse than you first thought?

• Like 1

Just now, GMX said:

I don't like cracking a molar (again) with a concrete-like brazil nut:sad:

Apart from the scaffold pole collision incident of 1989 and the piece of stone inside a sausage (1998), all my teeth injuries have involved overhard nuts:mellow:

I think you should stop eating nuts Ghana!

• Like 1

Just now, GMX said:

Is that one that the gummed up with melted cheddar cheese dishwasher?  Can't you just replace the filter system or is the damage worse than you first thought?

I tried unblocking it by filling the base of it with boiling water then setting it to circulate.

while I held the drain pipe in to a bucket, but it's not budging it makes a few electronic groaning noises then collapses.

I could get an appliance repair guy to look at it instead or before replacing; but I'm sceptical of there method and fear they may bypass safety sensors to cash in on there repair income which could later set the house on fire if such sensors were to be bypassed to sanction there income. 

I prefer replacement rather than repair if i can't fix it myself.

15 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I tried unblocking it by filling the base of it with boiling water then setting it to circulate.

while I held the drain pipe in to a bucket, but it's not budging it makes a few electronic groaning noises then collapses.

I could get an appliance repair guy to look at it instead or before replacing; but I'm sceptical of there method and fear they may bypass safety sensors to cash in on there repair income which could later set the house on fire if such sensors were to be bypassed to sanction there income. 

It has probably got into the pump and seized it solid.  That said, repair would still work out cheaper even if they have to replace the pump entirely. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I think you should stop eating nuts Ghana!

My dentist needs his Audi TT fund topped up:laugh:

Nuts are quite important on my diet at the moment, as both a source of vitamin E and potassium. But only those with less than 5% carb

25g of pecans (4%) and 12.5g of brazils (3%) are my daily snack food.  I could have macadamias (4%) too, but I don't like the petrol-like aftertaste:yucky: 

36 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I know someone whose house burnt down after a cheap and cheerful appliance repair chap did just that:sad:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GMX said:

...and the piece of stone inside a sausage (1998)

My Dad broke a tooth in exactly the same way, how does that even happen! :mellow:  I've always been worried about sausages since then. :unsure: 

I don't like that what was forecast, an hour of rain before 9am and then dry turned out to be an hour of dryness and then non-stop rain :sad:  I had planned to give the lawns a winter trim, whilst simultaneously sucking up and shredding all the leaves that had fallen last month on them

Despite it technically being winter and they should be dormant: the lawns haven't stopped growing (albeit slowly) and now need at the very least a trim to 50mm.  It needs to be above 8°C and with a easterly or north wind blowing, to mow without causing brown tips.  Each day so far, that's been forecasted to be a good winter mowing day, has turned out to be wrong, with some unexpected rain, or a surprise wind blowing from the wrong direction:mellow:

That reminds me, I also didn't like waking up with a damp patch at the bottom of the duvet, above and around my feet:ohmy::sad:.  Brandy had a leak during her sleep, which seems to be getting more frequent as she gets older.  We had a leak last week, in close to the same spot.  The way sprawls across from her duvet on to mine, added to which her duvet is on top of mine, means any leakage gets pooled on mine.

Elderly humans get awoken by full bladder many times throughout the night, it seems dogs don't: and just leak. :huh:

I'm now in a duvet-less state.:ohmy:  Both duvets have gone to Sunlight for cleaning, 3 days apart. My washing machine, whilst it can handle the weight of a duvet: it is too bulky to fit in the drum and leave room for sloshing and washing.  Tonight's bedding will consist of a large microfibre blanket for me whilst  Brandy retains the use of her duvet:mellow:

6 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

My Dad broke a tooth in exactly the same way, how does that even happen! :mellow:  I've always been worried about sausages since then. :unsure: 

Apart from someone throwing a stone into the sausage mix at the factory. It probably came from the flour mill, where they process the flour for the rusks, that are used as the filler.  As that's the only part of sausage making that used stones, where a piece could break off.

My mate found one of those blue plasters in a cornish pasty once:yucky:  He's never bought a Ginster's pie since

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Ounce found fried wood lice in a piece of fish never used that chippy again

• Like 2

Those blue plasters have a metal strip in them so that the detectors they are supposed to use will pick it up.
Obviously they were not working or being bypassed.
Don't like Ginsters anyway, taste and look nothing like a true pasty should.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

I hate to see that gunk that gets around the tops of sauce bottle in cafes if it like that I walk out

As it tells me that if they can’t clean the top of these then the kitchen can’t be that good either :ohmy:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dezwez said:

Ounce found fried wood lice in a piece of fish never used that chippy again

Bear Grylls fried up a pan of woodlice on one of his survival programs. They taste like prawns and he said are one of the more palatable survival sources of protein.  You need a few thousand for a decent meal:laugh:

6 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Those blue plasters have a metal strip in them so that the detectors they are supposed to use will pick it up.
Obviously they were not working or being bypassed.
Don't like Ginsters anyway, taste and look nothing like a true pasty should.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I never knew that.:cool:

If Ginsters are anything like Kerry Foods, or indeed part of Kerry Foods, they have little regard for health and safety until they get caught, then that regard will only last a week after the investigation.  Kerry Foods have a factory here, where the pork pies are produced. Everyone knows someone who has or who works there, and as a result nobody local will ever eat Kerry Food product.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

It has probably got into the pump and seized it solid.  That said, repair would still work out cheaper even if they have to replace the pump entirely. 

@Lenny I have to admit, I find it very surprising that simply melted cheese could've damaged the pump, are you sure she didn't put something in there with it? One would've thought that detergent and 50-60c water would help to dislodge it. 

I don't generally put solid bits into our Bosch dishwasher, just scrape the plates before hand. It's always provided excellent results (as does the Cyprus one and my dad's one) so I'd recommend getting another one, just hope she doesn't break it!

Or you could take the extreme approach that my dad uses, where he washes the plates in the sink and then puts them in the dishwasher...:wallbash: He gets angry when I put dirty things in it! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I never knew that.cool.png
If Ginsters are anything like Kerry Foods, or indeed part of Kerry Foods, they have little regard for health and safety until they get caught, then that regard will only last a week after the investigation.  Kerry Foods have a factory here, where the pork pies are produced. Everyone knows someone who has or who works there, and as a result nobody local will ever eat Kerry Food product.

On some mornings I see some Ginsters workers being picked up from the hotel near me.
They're all Polish and chuck their beer cans in the bushes before the bus arrives.
Considering this they must be half cut before 6am and then delving their hands into food products all day.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stoney871 said:

On some mornings I see some Ginsters workers being picked up from the hotel near me.
They're all Polish and chuck their beer cans in the bushes before the bus arrives.
Considering this they must be half cut before 6am and then delving their hands into food products all day.

Sent from my SM-G930F

OMG :ohmy:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

• Like 2

Put the longing on me now for a few drinks 😍

@Lenny I have to admit, I find it very surprising that simply melted cheese could've damaged the pump, are you sure she didn't put something in there with it? One would've thought that detergent and 50-60c water would help to dislodge it. 
I don't generally put solid bits into our Bosch dishwasher, just scrape the plates before hand. It's always provided excellent results (as does the Cyprus one and my dad's one) so I'd recommend getting another one, just hope she doesn't break it!
Or you could take the extreme approach that my dad uses, where he washes the plates in the sink and then puts them in the dishwasher...:wallbash: He gets angry when I put dirty things in it! :rolleyes:

Repair guy once said to me remember it's a dishwasher not a waste disposal unit. Always remember that comment and rinse the worst off plates etc
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Philf1 said:

Repair guy once said to me remember it's a dishwasher not a waste disposal unit. Always remember that comment and rinse the worst off plates etc

...and clean the filter regularly! :wink:

• Like 1

I don't like putting my back out yesterday absolute agony and feels the same as when I slipped a disc 8 years ago. Doctor has prescribed cocodomol and diazepam but no alcohol or driving allowed. Just hope this sorts itself and I don't need an operation again.

48 minutes ago, Philf1 said:

I don't like putting my back out yesterday absolute agony and feels the same as when I slipped a disc 8 years ago. Doctor has prescribed cocodomol and diazepam but no alcohol or driving allowed. Just hope this sorts itself and I don't need an operation again.

Try sleeping on your stomach with no pillows mate,

That's if you can sleep atall I completely sympathize with you, 

Diazepam is strong stuff,

I was on Tramadol, Diclac and melfin for mine two years ago, put my head mad got very fond of hot baths and chilled euphoria music on the tramadol thankfully off them two years now had withdrawal from them cold spine and creeping skin feeling for three days and feeling scared😁 of what I still don't know..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Sent from my SM-G930F

And then they wonder why foreign factory workers get a bad name!!  Makes me glad I usually make my own pies and pastries etc...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

And then they wonder why foreign factory workers get a bad name!!  Makes me glad I usually make my own pies and pastries etc...

Foreigner in workplace and I can't say much about it but the individual is single handedly trying to close the place before going back to there own country claiming description aswell as racism backed by unions and solicitor aswell as pointing finger at others wasting resources on following up every accusation which has no truth.

12 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Unless you slaughtered the meat and grew the wheat there has still been other humans messing with the ingredients. 

I don't think we'd eat anything if we saw what goes on behind the scenes! :ohmy:

• Like 2

Easter eggs in Tesco already!  :rolleyes:  Next to the discounted xmas items. :laugh:  However I did have a giggle at the fact Tesco have fitted some black bollards behind spaces in the darker end of the carpark within the last week...and ones been hit and on the lean already, surely they saw how that would end! :lol: 

I also don't like wrongly assuming January was a quiet month for car dealers...there wasn't a single space in the carpark of Ford or Vauxhall. :ohmy:  So I had to be one of 'those' that makes an extra space at the end of a row. :sad:  Waste of time anyway, nothing in budget, the Focus that was heavily reduced that I'd gone to look at had already sold lol.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club