Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I didn't even know there was a football match on...wondered why there were so few people and cars about as I walked to Tesco yesterday. :laugh: 

I don't like how the football and tennis changes the TV listings at this time of years though...why does it have to be on BBC1?  Surely they could make a freeview channel specifically for it over summer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like how the football and tennis changes the TV listings at this time of years though...why does it have to be on BBC1?  Surely they could make a freeview channel specifically for it over summer.

Freeview pop-up channels? What a cracking idea! Radio 2 does it occasionally for country music weekends etc so could work for TV as well. 

• Like 1

I don't like how persistently hot it is.

Why couldn't we just have a "nice summer" low to mid 20s sunshine and a calm breeze.

No has to be a heatwave while my air con AND shower is out of action! 😥

I've never known a heatwave to go on this long in the UK, usually a week max before we get a big thunderstorm and it goes away.

3 hours ago, alexp999 said:

I don't like how persistently hot it is.

Why couldn't we just have a "nice summer" low to mid 20s sunshine and a calm breeze.

No has to be a heatwave while my air con AND shower is out of action! 😥

I've never known a heatwave to go on this long in the UK, usually a week max before we get a big thunderstorm and it goes away.

ive known long hot summers , nice if your not working but not if you are. im dreading tommorow if its hotter than thursdays high in our warehouse at 38.5c. 

Yeah don't like it when it's too hot. I can handle the heat but I think people become moody which I hate when they become that to you. 

Pure stupidity and incompetence.

One of my qualifications needs re-validating.  Told my appointer, he booked me on a course...turns out it was the wrong course.

Soo...joined ship a couple of weeks ago, it got picked up and they tried to organise for me to attend a course.

Last week, the ship was up in Loch Striven - so the ship requested a course over in Glasgow.

The office turned around and said if I did this course, then I'd have to go on leave and be put to the bottom of the list for appointing again.  They booked me on a course this next week...in Glasgow...the ship is in Plymouth.

So, I've been sent home to go on the course and rejoin again next week.

...I need a new job...

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, iantt said:

ive known long hot summers , nice if your not working but not if you are. im dreading tommorow if its hotter than thursdays high in our warehouse at 38.5c. 

Some of us will remember the long hot summer of 1976.  It was dry for so long that the government appointed a Minister of Drought.  The following day it rained and continued for weeks!

• Like 3

We really need some rain here...it's been dry for so long it looks like the African savannah!  Dead crunchy grass everywhere. :sad:  Yet somehow the dandelions continue to thrive! :laugh: 

I absolutely hate the heat, can just about cope during the day in the shade with a sea breeze but it's so hot right through the night indoors can't sleep and get up feeling like death and still surrounded by residual heat.  I'm one of those grumpy people in the heat, sorry Zain. :tongue:   

On the plus side, it did make defrosting the freezer an easier job last night lol. :biggrin: 

• Like 1

Me and the team dislike heat too.
I have 4 fans running indoors continually plus a portable aircon unit and it's still showing 25 degrees indoors.
The team has taken to lounging in a paddling pool in the back yard when home so I have 3 wet and hairy grouches mooching around.
Work ST has a blown clutch so having to use the duty dog van until it's fixed which is a bit of a downer.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

Best to have fan(s) indoors or get a AC unit. I have a fan on in my room during the night to keep me cool. Only good thing I'd say with this heat is the car will stay cleaner for longer however I've noticed it's more dusty. 

Sooo...Clare & I are looking at a van for our little business (printing stuff like mugs, vinyl for clothing and vinyl stickers).  Using the insurance payout as a deposit.

We're looking at 6-seat crew vans.  And we've found almost the perfect vehicle...one teensy-tiny-ickle problem...

It's a Vivaro.  Only a 1.6, but it shifts well enough, is comfy, handles well for a vehicle of its size (L2H1) and is very competitively priced.  But it's a Vauxhall...

Gahh! I dunno..I hate myself for looking at Vauxhall...but it ticks so many boxes...

The consolation I can find: it's a "eurobox" van, so not really a true Vauxhall...and it's not a stupidly named as half their car range (Mokka? Adam? Grandland? Eh?!)

1 hour ago, SeanW said:

Sooo...Clare & I are looking at a van for our little business (printing stuff like mugs, vinyl for clothing and vinyl stickers).  Using the insurance payout as a deposit.

We're looking at 6-seat crew vans.  And we've found almost the perfect vehicle...one teensy-tiny-ickle problem...

It's a Vivaro.  Only a 1.6, but it shifts well enough, is comfy, handles well for a vehicle of its size (L2H1) and is very competitively priced.  But it's a Vauxhall...

Gahh! I dunno..I hate myself for looking at Vauxhall...but it ticks so many boxes...

The consolation I can find: it's a "eurobox" van, so not really a true Vauxhall...and it's not a stupidly named as half their car range (Mokka? Adam? Grandland? Eh?!)

Have you ben doing the vinyl stuff for long?  I was 'running' a vinyl business back in 2013, but have absolutely no business sense and never could make any money from it! :laugh: 

As for the Viavro, it's actually a Renault Trafic...not sure if that's any better though! :tongue:  Depending on how old it is, it may have an adblue tank that you'll need to keep topped up, just something to add to running costs.

vivaro!! seriously? hope you got deep pockets. if its under warranty, then it may not cost you . i would take a photo of the van to remind you what it looks like as it may spend more time in garage than in your possesion

• Like 1

Only vauxhall I like is the zafira but vauxhall overall I'd be a bit wary of. My dad had to fix a few corsas one of which was overheating even after changing the thermostat. What about those VW vans like the transporter sport line

It's brand new, with 38 miles miles on the clock - including my test drive lol

Spoke to a mate in the dealers workshop and he said that if anything is likely to go wrong, it's likely the turbo or clutch - and it'll be within the first year...so definitely within warranty lol

It does have adblue - shame my Dad isn't still driving...he would have happily "borrowed" the odd litre or two 😂😂

As for the business - started in April with Clare and it's exactly how we want it for the minute - a hobby that can fund itself and maybe the occasional treat 😁

• Like 2

Likely the clutch and turbo for sure. Hope they have changed since I worked at vauxhall garage in 2016/17. turbo's were being done every day.

Dam eBay,when you order a item well 2 items and both don't match what the listing says.

They are only socks and only £3 but weird that both times its a firm from the same area and don't reply if they do in the early hours.

So much for from the u.k,think the label gives the game away being all in Japanese type writing  LOL.

Something which really pees me off when driving and I'm sure others agree are idiot drivers. Strange thing today I came across 2.

Was at a side road which comes out onto a two way slip road. There was a queue of traffic on the road. All of a sudden a mk7 golf drove on the wrong side of the road passing the traffic to get to the end. If only a car was turning. 

Then just on that road I turned on I was at a set of lights. The road doesn't have lane markings but sometimes people squeeze into the left side to turn left. Some guy in a Mercedes CL came next to me in the front and I thought he was turning left. Lights went green, pulled off normally and a second later he just put his foot down undertaking me and going straight across. Really does annoy me seeing drivers like this. Could I report this to the police with my dash cam footage? This is how angry I'm starting to get with these 'I have money but no brain' drivers 😂. Just wish I don't care. 

Idiot drivers are everywhere!!!

I was 'instructing' our 17 year old son the other day. Came up to a bit of an awkward junction, uphill with a sharp right hand exit. The road you are joining has a bit of a blind downhill bend approching it AND a junction just above it as well! 

Admittedly the son was taking a wee.bit of time but the van driver behind obviously thought it was TOO much time for him to wait. He came up the inside and turned right in front of of us! Local well known businessman/builder. 

Saw him today as well, reversing his 67 plate Range Rover out of a disabled space at Tesco!

Screenshot_20180714-183012.png

• Like 1

On 7/14/2018 at 3:06 PM, zain611 said:

Could I report this to the police with my dash cam footage?

Yes, I am pretty sure you can. @Stoney871 would know.

I was driving home last week in the almost dark. On a straight road with some dips and summits. I saw what looked like 3 cars approaching at some distance, as there were 4 lights visible. It was an NSL, I was cruising at just under 60 with 3 passengers. Then as I got closer, the two outer lights suddenly veered across in front of the other two, and I realised it was a car on my side of the road, overtaking another. It was only a couple more seconds before we passed. Too close for my comfort, at an estimated closing speed of 130mph (the overtaker must have doing well over 60). If I had been able to see the true situation, I would have slowed down to increase the margin.

Today I heard there had been a fatal accident on the A35, on the single carriageway just after a D/C. Same road as I was on earlier, but different part. I do not know the details, but I have seen many cars carrying on overtaking after the end of the D/C there, doing 80-90mph probably, desperate to just get past one more vehicle before the long sections of single carriageway. It seems like this went badly wrong. The "one more car" attitude can kill.

The hotter weather does seem to bring out the "idiot" in many drivers.

• Like 1

@Turvey

1 hour ago, Tdci-Peter said:

The hotter weather does seem to bring out the "idiot" in many drivers.

I was thinking of that exact same statement. Looks like too much summer weather isn't good. Only good thing is you don't always see idiot drivers about. It's a pain to see a new / expensive car being driven by a careless person who has no consideration or respect for other road users. I've noticed myself I get angry seeing things like this that before I never cared which I wish I still was. 

• Like 1

When the phones don't work (virgin media) all day yes from 2 in the morning until now 5.30.

What is the point of having a emergency wrist band for a 90 year old.

Good job i live here as i feel so sorry for them who relies on these a lot as they are like another person and 100% reassurance for them.

Reassurance for me and my dad when i do have to pop out.

11 hours ago, jace1969 said:

When the phones don't work (virgin media) all day yes from 2 in the morning until now 5.30.

What is the point of having a emergency wrist band for a 90 year old.

Good job i live here as i feel so sorry for them who relies on these a lot as they are like another person and 100% reassurance for them.

Reassurance for me and my dad when i do have to pop out.

2nd day now,was on for 10mins then off again and its the area as mate rang me and next door.

This is getting dam right stupid.

I don't like getting toothpaste in my eye this morning...what a ridiculous injury! :laugh:  Sort of flicked off the bristles as I applied to the brush lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like the toothpaste incident was just the start of things to come!

Went to collect a car part late morning...no one there and the seller has stopped responding...

Then went to collect a medical item for my Nan...turns out she had also asked someone else to collect it, and they had done so yesterday...

Had moved some things around in preparation for someone visitting Nan's this afternoon who is usually late...but never even arrived today...not even a call to say they'd be late etc, I've had to leave due to other commitments this evening.

And while parked at Nans, the neighbour decided to jetwash his car on the adjacent driveway literally a foot away from mine, and in the 25c sun.  So the car I spent ages cleaning yesterday now has calcium deposits baked onto half the paintwork and I can't see a thing through the windscreen. :unsure:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club