Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

6 hours ago, Lenny said:

Halloween 🦹‍♂️🧛‍♂️🦸‍♀️🧙‍♀️🧟‍♂️👯‍♂️

I don't like Halloween never did,

Although I'm working this year which is great and its mid week also been raining all night and day so it should pass fairly ok. 

I used to quite like Haloween when the kids were smaller, the house got decorated and I used to project 'scary' scenes onto a sheet at the windows. Placed Speakers outside as well for the full effect!!!

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Yeah, this was mentioned when the Puma was first announced, then things seem to have gone quiet, but looks like it may still be on the cards, though.

Call me nuts (please, be my guest!) but something about the idea rather appeals to me, particularly if it doesn't look much different from the standard car - I've always liked a bit of a "sleeper" since one of my college mates had a bog standard looking grey Minivan with a tuned Cooper S engine!

The other thing is my Mrs is always banging on about something a little higher, I can just imagine the fun in taking her out for a drive and saying "there you are, a nice tall little car" before deploying the 200ps and seeing the look of terror!😀

• Haha 1

I'm really upset to say my oldest tank inhabitant passed away today. Just came home and looked and saw her dead on the ground. Had her for around 7-8 years!! Ever since I started getting tropical fish. At least she had a good long life 🐠😭

DSC_0566.JPG

• Sad 4

5 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Call me nuts (please, be my guest!) but something about the idea rather appeals to me, particularly if it doesn't look much different from the standard car - I've always liked a bit of a "sleeper" since one of my college mates had a bog standard looking grey Minivan with a tuned Cooper S engine!

Each to their own. Personally if I'm paying for an ST I want the performance, handling and sporty looks. I doubt they will be giving a discount for it not looking sporty, and it also dilutes the ST brand. What's next, Galaxy ST?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Each to their own. Personally if I'm paying for an ST I want the performance, handling and sporty looks. I doubt they will be giving a discount for it not looking sporty, and it also dilutes the ST brand. What's next, Galaxy ST?

Ranger ST I hope!! Or maybe LWB Transit ST!? :biggrin:

I must admit, I'm not a sleeper fan, in fact I'd much rather go the other way and have looks over performance, but I can't say I'm bothered by them making a Puma ST personally, I don't think it dilutes the name. :smile:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Ranger ST I hope!! Or maybe LWB Transit ST!? :biggrin:

I must admit, I'm not a sleeper fan, in fact I'd much rather go the other way and have looks over performance, but I can't say I'm bothered by them making a Puma ST personally, I don't think it dilutes the name. :smile:

Same. I like a car which looks as good as it goes. Yesterday I saw a audi RS7 drive past. Didn't realise it until the badges and oval exhaust. Was so quiet too. I'd at least put a miltek exhaust to hear that v8

21 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Yeah it like the new audi S6. Comes with a tuned version of the 3 litre TDI engine you get in the standard higher spec a6 but it's over £10k difference. You'd kind of think if it's worth it especially with the engines. 

• Like 1

Ranger ST I hope!! Or maybe LWB Transit ST!? [emoji3]

I must admit, I'm not a sleeper fan, in fact I'd much rather go the other way and have looks over performance, but I can't say I'm bothered by them making a Puma ST personally, I don't think it dilutes the name. [emoji2]

We'll have to see what it looks like when it's released. It might be okay. I'm still disappointed that the new Puma is an SUV Crossover rather than an update of the original Puma. The ST equivalent back then was the Racing Puma...
  • Like 2

Do like the wide arches on them. Limited to 1000 its rear and most likely expensive. 

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Ranger ST I hope!! Or maybe LWB Transit ST!? 

Up at our caravan the other day, our neighbour's son arrived in a Transit MS-RT R-Spec. Never seen one in the metal before,  it looked pretty mean and sounded good too, for a diesel, though it is tweaked a bit. 

• Like 2

I don't like hearing fireworks pooping off every few seconds. 
Don't get me wrong, I do like a good firework display (professional ones) but people shouldn't be allowed to let them off in tiny gardens on housing estates. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

I don't like hearing fireworks pooping off every few seconds. 
Don't get me wrong, I do like a good firework display (professional ones) but people shouldn't be allowed to let them off in tiny gardens on housing estates. 

I'm in the republic of Ireland and there supposed to be illegal here only licenced displays at events etc.

But theres been a huge increase in usage this year compared to the last ten possibly due to Brexit Talks; people thought it would be the last time they could drive down from the north with there van full 

@zain611 remember my don't like from the other day, the roundabout faff, take a guess at what type of car it was!

Yup, a ruddy Fiat 500.

Downloaded the dashcam videos for something I needed for work and the clip from the roundabout was still in the protected files. Damn red Fiat 500. :rifle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Zico was it a lady in a fiat 500?

Edit: yes I was correct 😂. I am considering posting bad drivers to the police. The police are fining these people as I showed you before. My uncle for example got a fine as he cut in front of someone and the person sent his clip to the police. Where he lives though most of the people drive like they're in a third world country.

I hate it myself driving around there. See too many people who have more money than driving skills which I absolutely hate. If I'm fortunate to afford an expensive car I'll drive with a lot of respect for other road users as I see it as boasting if your driving like an idiot. I once came across a C63 driver driving fast around there once. We came on this under pass and I wanted to go in the right lane however couldn't as he was coming up quickly plus there was a car there. I could tell he was going to cut into my lane so went a little faster and kept next to the car on the right lane. He then had to slow down and go in my lane behind me before putting his foot down on the slip road whilst I went around to go on the slip road up the dual carriageway the opposite way. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I'm still disappointed that the new Puma is an SUV Crossover rather than an update of the original Puma. The ST equivalent back then was the Racing Puma...

I'm certainly with you on the name. Plenty of other names they could have used or dreamt up without recycling one from a much-loved (and completey different, in both appearance and concept) car!

not quite the 58mpg i got out my mondeo.

if only that reading was outside temp. im melting today 28c but humid and real feel is 32c 

20191101_181143.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

not quite the 58mpg i got out my mondeo.

if only that reading was outside temp. im melting today 28c but humid and real feel is 32c 

20191101_181143.jpg

What is that?  2008 wants its dash gauges back! :laugh:

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Volkswagen? 

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

im so embarased to say its a dodge, no ordinary dodge , a dodge grand caravan.needs must when theres 5 adults ,5 suitcases and bags .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, iantt said:

im so embarased to say its a dodge, no ordinary dodge , a dodge grand caravan.needs must when theres 5 adults ,5 suitcases and bags .

Ah, that explains the cheap tacky cluster then! :laugh:

Just googled it...doesn't even look 'that' big to only be doing 16mpg!! :unsure:

Are you there to see anything specific or just a cruise around the area?

• Like 2

doing disney  and A few other things,some want shopping trip ( the girls and partner.. me and my son doing a trip to gun range while tthey shop.thats probably tommorow. 

• Like 1

I don't like having a very expensive couple of days!  New toilet and bathroom floor yesterday and today spent £80 on clothing... :ohmy:

To most people that probably doesn't sound bad but I'm incredibly tight fisted!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

on my 2018 florida trip i rented a chevy tahoe (5.3L V8, 355 HP)...

with cylinder deactivation (runs on 4 instead of 8 when engine isn't under load, e.g. when cruising at same speed on a flat road), i achieved 24/25 US MPG (about 28 UK mpg) on the highway... i was surprised lol

i'm guessing your 16 MPG is a mix of city/highway, but if it's only highway, then that's almost 80's pushrod V8 efficiency levels lol

have fun, florida is a blast, it's currently horrible back here weather wise

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club