Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

9 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like missing my 10,000 posts milestone this morning! :sad: 

I should really get out more! :laugh: 

congrats... or commiserations? :laugh: 

just kidding, forum would be boring without regulars like you posting entertaining drivel all the time lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Turvey said:

The good news is that so far the total cost of my treatment is less than £7.00! God bless the NHS. 

How does that work?  I thought even just a check-up was £25? :unsure:  

10 hours ago, Incontro said:

congrats... or commiserations? :laugh: 

just kidding, forum would be boring without regulars like you posting entertaining drivel all the time lol

Awww, thanks!  I don't think I've been referred to as entertaining before! :laugh: 

Just checked my previous forum as I thought I was close to that on post count...apparently not, turns out I have over 18,000 posts over there, and haven't posted anything for the last 3 years! :lol: 

• Like 1

My Don't Like for today is forum issues...anyone else getting them?  It wouldn't let me choose anything other than 'like'.  And every time I click quote, or like, or the reply box it just refreshes the page?  Happened the other day as well so I don't know if it's just me or everyone getting it?  10 minutes later it's all back to normal again!

38 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Awww, thanks!  I don't think I've been referred to as entertaining before! :laugh: 

Just checked my previous forum as I thought I was close to that on post count...apparently not, turns out I have over 18,000 posts over there, and haven't posted anything for the last 3 years! :lol: 

Nice profile pic

I'm also a member on another forum (Ford one) thats bigger and more active than this one, but I hardly ever post on there (only 85 posts on there, joined 2011, last post in 2013 lol)

If I were to dig up every forum I've ever posted on since I was a kid, I bet I'd die from my own embarrassment :laugh: 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, iantt said:

this is the only forum i post regular. 

Yes, me too. Still on a couple of VW related forums for info on the Mrs's car. Nothing I've been on comes close to here though, for advice/info on a range of issues including double glazing, door locks, shower mechanisms, and the occasional car related query. Great banter too!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Incontro said:

Nice profile pic

I'm also a member on another forum (Ford one) thats bigger and more active than this one, but I hardly ever post on there (only 85 posts on there, joined 2011, last post in 2013 lol)

If I were to dig up every forum I've ever posted on since I was a kid, I bet I'd die from my own embarrassment :laugh: 

I embarrass myself reading posts from last week let alone years back!  I was never on any as a kid though, didn't even know there were any suitable for kids? 

Although saying that, using Ask Jeeves for homework on dial up was about as much internet action as I had at the time.  I was told that my parents could see everything I searched for online and that the family computer was not to be used for anything other than homework...I was scared to search for anything in all honesty, I didn't even know about pawn at the time!! :unsure: :laugh: 

I'm not on any other forums now, I couldn't find one specifically for the Mk6 Golf so joined a Facebook group for it instead.  I rarely look over there tbh but I must admit it has been helpful when I've needed to ask questions 2 or 3 times in the last 18 months.

• Like 1

I don't like Christmas cards.

I don't like sending them (the time it takes to write them all), and I don't like receiving them (every flat surface in the house gets covered and you can't put anything down).

Mrs. TimST2 says we have to though :sad:

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

I don't like Christmas cards.

I don't like sending them (the time it takes to write them all), and I don't like receiving them (every flat surface in the house gets covered and you can't put anything down).

Mrs. TimST2 says we have to though :sad:

iam with you there waste of card 🙁

• Like 1

I hate doing them to but I will send car parts lol thow. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fordy dean said:

Instead of Xmas cards?? Bet your family love you. "Happy Xmas grandma, hope you like the spark plug I sent you instead of the card." 😅😅😅😅😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Fordy dean said:

Makes me miss my Toyota Levin though 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Makes me miss my Toyota Levin though 

How do you come across these YouTube clips?? Lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iantt said:

How do you come across these YouTube clips?? Lol

Search engine: no pun intended 😅

Searched for "Christmas song exhaust" was hoping to find an aboriginal playing jingle bells with a manifold but it seems rural broadband isn't there just yet 😂 but I'm convinced he's out there man 

• Like 1

Generally dislike Christmas in all regards.
I tend to work every christmas and new year so don't tend to get much enjoyment out of the whole season.
Wife works it too so we tend to skip most of it.
May indulge with a couple of glasses of port and a decent cigar when time allows.
We'll be looking at a roast turkey dinner some time mid January but that's about it tbh.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

I tend to work every christmas and new year

I always tried to work as much as possible over that period and take time off instead when things were quieter, warmer -and cheaper!😀

• Like 2

Must admit that all the extra wages for doing the public holidays are nice.

Other thing I tend to do is try to get as many guys with young families off on leave over the holidays so I don't mind pulling my fair share of extra duties to facilitate that.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I always tried to work as much as possible over that period and take time off instead when things were quieter, warmer -and cheaper!😀

Not sure if you get parental leave in the uk as I'm in Ireland but a work college has taken parental leave for Christmas which is a period of unpaid leave for a pre-approved period of up to six months which can be taken once per child before that child reaches the age of fourteen or something.

Clever he has taken parental leave the week before Christmas and returning second week of January, using his annual Christmas bonus to pay for the time off and ultimately saving the work holidays which were allocated for Christmas which he will then use in the summer 

Clever idea

• Like 1

I used to let folks with young families have first pick in the Xmas holiday season. They were quite grateful and it suited me fine, so a rare example of a "win-win".

• Like 3

11 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Mmm 🤔 not sure, maybe it's different north of the border? 

11 hours ago, Turvey said:

Mmm 🤔 not sure, maybe it's different north of the border? 

Yep, looks like it!  In England we pay in 3 bands - band 1 (checkup) £22.70, band 2 (fillings etc) £62.10, band 3 (horrific stuff) £269.30.  In Scotland apparently the check up is free then you pay a percentage of the treatment.

• Like 1

Some of you may remember my Don't Like a few months ago about all the local German car shows stopping next year, although one was switching to 'all makes' instead.  Well now that one won't be going ahead either, the club that runs it are stopping due to their age & family commitments etc.  Which is fair enough and I understand why they've done it, but for me it does take away the last achievable aim I had for summer 2020. :sad: 

For a mad 5 minutes last night I thought about asking to take over the show organisation seeing as I don't have any commitments and lots of spare time...  I can't organise a party in a brewery let alone an entire car show! :laugh: :lol: 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Some of you may remember my Don't Like a few months ago about all the local German car shows stopping next year, although one was switching to 'all makes' instead.  Well now that one won't be going ahead either, the club that runs it are stopping due to their age & family commitments etc.  Which is fair enough and I understand why they've done it, but for me it does take away the last achievable aim I had for summer 2020. :sad: 

For a mad 5 minutes last night I thought about asking to take over the show organisation seeing as I don't have any commitments and lots of spare time...  I can't organise a party in a brewery let alone an entire car show! :laugh: :lol: 

We’ll have to arrange a forum meet next year then!

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

We’ll have to arrange a forum meet next year then!

Agree there. I think the furthest I can travel is to Silverstone 

Some aspects of modern exterior car styling:
  • Fake vents
  • Fake exhaust tips (either where there isn't an exhaust exit or where you can see the small pipe inside)
  • Exterior chrome
  • Cornering lights (just why?)
What the..ffff...cornering lights...hahahaha

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club