Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

GDP? [emoji848]
Sorry, should have read GTP (good to Police).

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had a not so good accident today 😬. Still kind of bleeding a few hours later

Screenshot_20200223-175856.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Had a not so good accident today 😬. Still kind of bleeding a few hours later

Screenshot_20200223-175856.png

Shaving your feet? 🤔😄

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Right, time to drive my perfectly clean car on some damp roads :wallbash:

Turned out not to be as bad as I thought actually. Slightly damp on the way out and dry on the way home!

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Shaving your feet? 🤔😄

Opened the cupboard and something was pushing against this glass so that fell down when I opened the door, falling on a plate and a shard of that falling onto my foot. Luckily doesn't hurt 😆

11 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Turned out not to be as bad as I thought actually. Slightly damp on the way out and dry on the way home!

What do you use to protect the car with? Some form of ceramic coating or durable wax might help 👍

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

You'll have to start wearing steel toe cap boots in the kitchen from now on!! 😮

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

You'll have to start wearing steel toe cap boots in the kitchen from now on!! 😮

I'm happy I didn't start feeling like I was going to faint like what happened before 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

What do you use to protect the car with? Some form of ceramic coating or durable wax might help 👍

I use Autoglym Aqua Wax on the ST. Does a good job and easy to apply. I'll be trying Gtechniq C2 on the Caterham. It's a lot more expensive, but the Caterham is a small car and the precise application will suit it better.

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

Shaving your feet? 🤔😄

Damn strap on the stiletto 😂

• Haha 3

Ok been holding off on posting about this incident I had recently well last Sunday to be exact and it started the Sunday two weeks previous to that but It only really became an issue last week. 

Long story short; I saw a ghost in the forest but I hadn't realised it was at the time just thought it was an ignorant bloke with a bicycle; and wondered how he could pass that way he went without a considerable level of difficulty due to the barbs and forest ground. 

But anyway heres the full story and I'm not superstitious in any way, I don't ever think that I see things or make things up, I'm on here almost ten years now so I'm sure you guys know I don't go on about anything like this and it has scared the life out of me. 

Three weeks ago; Sunday 02nd February I searched on Google for forest walks to take our dog Liam somewhere different to the usual locations,

Found a new place in co.wicklow which was an hours drive from home; took our dog and our two daughters, my wife and our son stayed at home as he was unwell at the time, 

Some may remember my post about our dog Liam being exhausted after the five hour long walk we took him on from lara to Rathdrum and back again along the avondale river and a video of him snoring, 

Anyway that day we went for the walk; the route on the map was supposed to be and is a ring road which brings you back to where you started I'll try find something on Google here: 

696869943_Screenshot_20200223-225905_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.4d29235a4ce401ca5f3f4e33b3014362.jpg

Anyway on the day;  I missed seeing one of these signs for use to turn right heading back towards the direction we had come 🤦‍♂️ which would have kept us consistently on the north side of the avondale river and led us back to the start where the car was parked. 

1072497039_ValeofClara.WalkinginWicklow.ThegardenofIreland.Wicklow.ClaraVale.Ferns.Ireland.trees.photography.sunlight.trailmarkers.green_blue..thumb.jpg.93c1bd96e9a2fd0740069497643c3c27.jpg

Instead we continued straight on the trail and crossed a bridge on the avondale river and headed back towards the way we had come but on the opposite side of the river which was a mistake we would later discover although we enjoyed the experience as it was all new to us and the dog was happy, 

IMG-20200202-WA0065.thumb.jpg.ff62e5ab6916fd9adb53e3030ca98d38.jpg

IMG-20200202-WA0068.thumb.jpg.509fe0d0e92620ea9175f56334cda342.jpg

We continued on the walkway path and didn't realise we were actually lost until around an hour later; we saw a path leading  to the left which had a sign indicating "car park"

So we went up that walkway to the left and when we got to the end of the path around 10 minutes and realized our end was the beginning of another walk that started in Rathdrum 😂🤦‍♂️ we had missed the ring road turn and ended up 2.5 hours walking distance away from the car in the middle of a forest or walk back down the road.

This was 14:30 in the day; I didn't tell our daughters we were lost at the time as they might panic and then perhaps feel they couldn't walk back to the car or something silly so I told them we would go back the way we came as its shorter. 

All was perfectly normal up to then. 

On our way back down this 10 minute  walk from the car park I wondered if we continued on straight instead of taking the left; would it lead back to our starting point again;🤔 rather than us having to go back one hour down along the river to cross the bridge only to come back up the opposite side taking another hour then 30 minutes away from the car, 

I wondered if we went left would we get back quicker; but there wasn't anyone around atall to ask; in the entire trip we met six people well seven but the seventh one wasn't really there which I didn't fully know until last week. 

Because; when we were on our way walking back down this 10 minute  walk from the car park before coming to the "T junction" of turning left or going right taking us back the way we first came;

I saw a man wearing a paddy cap, trousers brown shoes and a dark raincoat white shirt with a wine tie, he was walking an old style bicycle which had a black chain guard around the pedal section and curled handle bars, 

He was around 25-30 feet at the end of the T junction facing towards the left pathway which I wondered if it would lead us back to our starting position. He was standing in the middle of this junction starting up towards us and his eyes were black or atleast very dark I couldn't make them out but his face was looking right at us; 

Our dog Liam saw him and began to walk slow while staring and growling with his tail out straight; Liam's still a pup although almost a year old he's nervous of other dogs and I assumed it was the bicycle and I thought perhaps the man was nervous about coming up the path because Liam was growling, 

So I held liam short on the leed and waved with my hand extended high to say hello, but he didn't respond to my kind gesture just kept staring, so I thought ugh 😒 here we go; a grumpy old guy going to complain about my dog when he's not aggressive atall in reality and I was being friendly because I wanted to talk to ask him directions, 

The man then straightened his paddy cap and continued walking on towards the left of the "T junction" out of our sight due to trees; Liam then barked and tugged on the lead to follow his direction; 

We got to the bottom and I said to the girls; perhaps we will try going left for a little bit to see if theres a short way home; we got around two minutes up that route before meeting dense grass around 14" inches in height and wondered how the victor Mildred with the bike could get through all that with barbs at random aswell; I then thought nothing more about it as we returned home walking back the way we came. 

I also saw this camera along the river at around two hours in to the forest in the middle of the wicklow mountains far away from civilisation heres a dome CCTV camera hooked up to a satellite 😟 what D absolute F and it was following our movements perhaps set for motion sensing rather than being manned somewhere I don't know. 

IMG-20200202-WA0049.thumb.jpg.03d848ef6f4acc14d347b2df0f5841de.jpg

We got back to the car at 17:00 and we were all delighted to sit down including the dog lol 

Last Sunday we all went on the same walk again as our son and my wife hadn't been and the girls wanted to show them the sights aswell as frog spawn at different points 

IMG-20200202-WA0084.thumb.jpg.e2820a7346add8a8d4871834cd9b8e16.jpg

so we went on the full five hour walking journey again on purpose this time, 

On the way back again when heading towards the "T junction" i was talking to our son about horses at the time and my wife had the dog liam on the lead, he was pulling forward quite strong and yelping; so I offered to take him from her to prevent possible damage to her arms from him pulling and jerking as hes now 22kg

She handed me the lead and said quietly "Leonard I think I just saw a ghost"

I laughed and said "dont be silly theres no such thing ya mad yoke"

She then said no I'm serious there was a man coming up this way towards us walking s bicycle and I looked around to you guys to tell the girls to go single file then Liam started going mad so I went to settle him but when I looked again to assure the man that lism was harmless 🤷‍♂️ he wasn't there anymore

I immediatly asked "was it an old sort of bike with skinny wheels" she said " I don't know"

I then asked "did he have a paddy cap on and white shirt with a dark jacket and a wine tie" she said yeah he did yeah why?

I said "are you serious?" She said " yeah why"

I said "nothing no your right yeah let's go home I don't like this place anymore" 

And we won't be going back there again lol I've never saw anything like that before and hope I never do again; I'm still scared about it and has taken me over a week to just discuss it, has also made me realise how vulnerable we were being 2.5 hours from the car with only one way in and out of the forest and our three kids with us, 

Think I'll stick to the main stream type of walk ways in the future. 

Sorry for the big long post guys but I suppose it helps to show I ain't making this story up as it has taken me quite a bit of time to write it all down 

• Like 1

@Lenny I'm just curious to what exactly made you and the wife think it's a ghost?

I'm kind of a superstitious person but ghost is one thing I'm skeptic on. 

I do remember you saying about seeing a ghost once I believe you were with your friend and the bike or car you were in started to cut out whilst passing it 

Chilling

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I use Autoglym Aqua Wax on the ST. Does a good job and easy to apply. I'll be trying Gtechniq C2 on the Caterham. It's a lot more expensive, but the Caterham is a small car and the precise application will suit it better.

I'd think c2 or exo is enough to do the fiesta. I'd use gtechniq halo on the PPF installed on the Caterham 

1 minute ago, zain611 said:

@Lenny I'm just curious to what exactly made you and the wife think it's a ghost?

I'm kind of a superstitious person but ghost is one thing I'm skeptic on. 

I do remember you saying about seeing a ghost once I believe you were with your friend and the bike or car you were in started to cut out whilst passing it 

Chilling

That's correct yeah that happened 19 years ago on the back of a Suzuki bandit almost lifted the front wheel when it finally kept running lol kept it redline until home, 

Ironically my alternator went in the focus the day after my sighting in the forest.

The fact it disappeared with a bicycle mid forest walkway 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, zain611 said:

I'd think c2 or exo is enough to do the fiesta. I'd use gtechniq halo on the PPF installed on the Caterham 

EXO and HALO are getting a bit serious - both £50 for 30ml. No, I'm fine with applying C2 after each wash to protect it. L2 should only be one application to the seats every 6 months.

• Like 1

I don't like breaking a freezer drawer front yesterday.  :sad: 

Was really annoyed at myself for doing it last night!  I was in a rush and thought I must have pulled out the drawer and dropped it the ~2" onto the floor to break it in my haste.  But on looking again this morning there are no fracture lines at the bottom, it appears the handle itself gave way and THEN it dropped onto the floor.  So still annoying but nothing I could've done to prevent it!  Oddly, I can't seem to find a replacement yet, can find the other drawer fronts, just not the bottom one - and they're not all the same size as I've double checked that lol.

There is some irony here though...  Back in 2017 I bought a new washing machine door interlock and was supplied the wrong one 3 times.  Never did find the correct one (Hotpoint themselves couldn't either!) so I have just been 'tapping' the door lock when it gets stuck on ever since. :laugh:  Anyway, I found one of the wrong door locks while sorting a couple of weeks ago and stuck it on eBay then promptly forgot I had done so.  Yesterday I had an email to say it had sold so posted it in the afternoon!  Excellent, there's a few extra quid I wasn't expecting...6 hours later I need another Hotpoint spare part! 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like breaking a freezer drawer front yesterday.  :sad: 

Was really annoyed at myself for doing it last night!  I was in a rush and thought I must have pulled out the drawer and dropped it the ~2" onto the floor to break it in my haste.  But on looking again this morning there are no fracture lines at the bottom, it appears the handle itself gave way and THEN it dropped onto the floor.  So still annoying but nothing I could've done to prevent it!  Oddly, I can't seem to find a replacement yet, can find the other drawer fronts, just not the bottom one - and they're not all the same size as I've double checked that lol.

There is some irony here though...  Back in 2017 I bought a new washing machine door interlock and was supplied the wrong one 3 times.  Never did find the correct one (Hotpoint themselves couldn't either!) so I have just been 'tapping' the door lock when it gets stuck on ever since. :laugh:  Anyway, I found one of the wrong door locks while sorting a couple of weeks ago and stuck it on ebay then promptly forgot I had done so.  Yesterday I had an email to say it had sold so posted it in the afternoon!  Excellent, there's a few extra quid I wasn't expecting...6 hours later I need another Hotpoint spare part! 🤦‍♂️

I find Hotpoint and associated brands to be rubbish. Bosch and Miele are much better but are also much pricier.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

I find Hotpoint and associated brands to be rubbish. Bosch and Miele are much better but are also much pricier.

We had one of the washing machines affected by the recent recall (door lock overheats apparently) though ours has worked faultlessly for 3 years. Anyway, swapped for a new one under the recall a week ago. Used it 3 times and It's thrown up the H20 fault code on 2 occasions. First time, pulled it out to check the inlet hose wasn't kinked, put it back, worked ok. Same thing yesterday, so not looking good.😠

• Sad 2

37 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

Agree'd...I won't buy Hotpoint or any of Whirpool group next time...  These were the first appliances I'd ever chosen myself back in 2015, put a lot of thought and research into it but can't say I've been particularly happy with either the washer-dryer or fridge-freezer!  They have at least continually worked though, unlike the Matrix/CDA ovens...of which I've had 3 in the same time frame and the current one has been broken since the day it was fitted! :laugh: 

21 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

We had one of the washing machines affected by the recent recall (door lock overheats apparently) though ours has worked faultlessly for 3 years. Anyway, swapped for a new one under the recall a week ago. Used it 3 times and It's thrown up the H20 fault code on 2 occasions. First time, pulled it out to check the inlet hose wasn't kinked, put it back, worked ok. Same thing yesterday, so not looking good.😠

I heard something about Hotpoint/Indesit recalls on the radio yesterday but assumed it was still the old flammable fluff issue on the dryers.  Didn't know there was a door lock one for washers...will have to check mine as the lock has been faulty from around 18 months old!  😮 Edit - Nope, mines not affected, they must make a habit of poor quality door locks!

• Like 1

My indesit washer at uni is naff, doesn’t really clean properly no matter what cycle, temp, load etc. The dryer’s not too bad, but not as good as the Bosch one we have at home. Had a CDA oven before, didn’t break so maybe a rare good one 😂? Have Caple now which seems to be pretty good.

• Like 2

We had one of the dryers that could catch fire, it was 8 years old and never caused any issues. We accepted there offer of a new dryer for £50  and has been a better dryer than the old one. As I paid towards  it, I got 5 year warranty with it too. 

• Like 2

I don't like this feeling of social isolation I've been feeling recently. Just yesterday woke up hearing my sister talk about her close friend liking this boy in America and him actually coming over here to see her on her birthday. From a religious or cultural perspective its kind of not seen as a good thing for someone to be secretly seeing someone behind their parents backs. Or it's not seen as 'decent'. Could hear my sister saying it's hard finding decent girls who aren't into looking at boys. With me I sadly like girls who are too decent to say they like someone 😂

For some reason I just started looking at myself on the social aspects on life. People in uni seem to created their own groups and I feel left out. 2 of the friends I speak to seem to be pushed to one of these groups. With me I like to talk to everyone which probably might be why I'm not really taken into these groups. With me I like to go uni and come back home and rest but for some reason it just bugs me when people talk loudly about what they are doing with their friends etc. The thing is I'm happy being the way I am which I try to put in my head but for some reason it bothers me slightly hearing what social activities people are doing after uni. Must be some genetic thing as humans to be social. 

Bit of a weird thing but wanted to get it off me 😊

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

How come it was dry and sunny today while I was stuck in work? :dry:

Funny you say that. Was like that when looking outside before leaving home. When travelling to uni it was cold and gloomy then it was spitting down when I was walking to the hospital. 

Speaking of the hospital I had to do a presentation there and just hoping I did well in it. Did get put off 2 of the questions my teacher asked 😬

Did also get angry again whilst in class today. The teacher was going around asking people their names and what course we're doing. Most people are doing a degree in biomed science, 2 doing medicine and 3 doing genetics. What bothered me is there were moments she said 'for the medical students' then asks them a question. Didn't ask questions specifically for the others. Reason why I don't really like these medicine students due to this little favouritism going on there 🙄

49 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

How come it was dry and sunny today while I was stuck in work? :dry:

The joy of doing what I do - when I looked out the window in the office and saw how nice it was, I just packed up and jumped in the new car - went for a drive and then took the dog a nice walk. Love it. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club