Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

18 hours ago, Turvey said:

I don't like the amount of technical/non General Chat posts in the General Chat forum, 9 at the present 🙄 not having a go at the admin etc just folk who can't be bothered posting in the correct place. 

Screenshot_20201116-172504.png

Partly my fault, I used to regularly remove them, but I got so tired of all the posts and people ignoring the multiple stickied threads telling people not to, I lost the will with everything else going on too this year. I've tidied up the first couple of pages a bit. I'll try and help Clive and the others keep it tidier.

I will admit, I don't even use the forum categories any more to browse, I use latest posts to see what's going on, so I don't always see what category things are in. But that doesn't change the fact the categories are there for a reason and General Chat, is not for anything related to another category.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just to clarify - I recently posted in the thread shown "Ban on new petrol/diesel sales" etc which seems to have disappeared. Which forum should that have been in - the ban won't specifically apply to Ford?

im another who just looks at latest posts regardless of catagory

Just to clarify - I recently posted in the thread shown "Ban on new petrol/diesel sales" etc which seems to have disappeared. Which forum should that have been in - the ban won't specifically apply to Ford?
General chat

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Still there 😉

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/114910-ban-on-new-petroldiesel-sales-from-2035-or-earlier/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Lol, looks like I need to drive up to Barnard Castle for an eyesight check!😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I don't like taking our nearly 14 year old black lab on her final trip to the vet! 

She's been going downhill pretty rapidly the last couple of months, dementia, blindness, deaf etc etc but last week she had 'an episode' took her to the vet where they thought she had had a stroke-type thing. A couple of injections and took her home. Had to take her back the next day as no improvement, wobbly on her legs, no appetite...... black lab remember, another injection. Over the next few days things didn't improve, so after discussions with the vet today it was decided that her quality of life had decreased to a point where it wasn't fair to keep her going. 

I was nominated to take her down and I was doing ok until, just before the vet lifted her out of the car, she looked around at me! I'm not ashamed to say I was a blubbering idiot for a couple of minutes! 

I've had a couple of pints now and I think I've got my composure back! 

RIP Lula

IMG_20200318_175424827.jpg.3f062fe3d5c666ccc66088c03f85cc42.jpg

• Sad 6

Sympathies mate, feel for you.
They get deep into your heart and when they go it leaves a big empty space.
Anyone that doesn't cry when they lose a beloved family pet isn't made right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2030 and no new petrol and diesel cars all over the news again today.........will a 12 months old car still be sold on garages as not new and be so much cheaper.

I can't see it happening by then. The manufactures are still way behind on electric car production and affordable for the masses. Ford still haven't got a fully electric car our there. The Mach e isn't priced for the mass market . There needs to be a fiesta/focus sized electric car by now. Fords plug in hybrid hasn't been a resounding success yet either. 

It's just a distraction from the current shambles of Brexit.  We're not ready for that either and it's only 6 weeks away...

On 11/17/2020 at 6:28 PM, Turvey said:

I don't like taking our nearly 14 year old black lab on her final trip to the vet! 

She's been going downhill pretty rapidly the last couple of months, dementia, blindness, deaf etc etc but last week she had 'an episode' took her to the vet where they thought she had had a stroke-type thing. A couple of injections and took her home. Had to take her back the next day as no improvement, wobbly on her legs, no appetite...... black lab remember, another injection. Over the next few days things didn't improve, so after discussions with the vet today it was decided that her quality of life had decreased to a point where it wasn't fair to keep her going. 

I was nominated to take her down and I was doing ok until, just before the vet lifted her out of the car, she looked around at me! I'm not ashamed to say I was a blubbering idiot for a couple of minutes! 

I've had a couple of pints now and I think I've got my composure back! 

RIP Lula

IMG_20200318_175424827.jpg.3f062fe3d5c666ccc66088c03f85cc42.jpg

Sorry to hear that. I'm currently going through a little bit of a tough time myself. Friday night my parents went to my grandparents house as my grandad had breathing problems.

He started having chest pains then couldn't breath to the point he past out with his eyes open and lost control of his bowls. Luckily gran called an ambulance beforehand and they probably saved his life. 

From Sunday till Tuesday he actually was in the hospital ward I volunteer in so I was able to see him whilst no visitors could come in due to covid restrictions. I did let mum come in though did get worried about it plus I'm not really able to visit myself as I don't actually work there. They found him to have fluid in his lungs and a possible heart attack with a lung infection. Thankfully though I was asking the nurses his vital sign results and thankfully it's all been normal ever since he came in.

Thankfully today he had a angioplasty as they found 3 blocked arteries so hopefully that solved the issue.

• Sad 1

I don't like having one of my favourite foods today only to start tasting what could only be described as a soil taste. 
Won't be having a Ginster's Cornish pasty again. 

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

I don't like having one of my favourite foods today only to start tasting what could only be described as a soil taste. 

I've had several 'off tasting' foods over lockdown.  Not sure if it's an issue at the supply end or whether things are being stored or transported incorrectly but something's clearly gone wrong recently. :sad:

27 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I've had several 'off tasting' foods over lockdown.  Not sure if it's an issue at the supply end or whether things are being stored or transported incorrectly but something's clearly gone wrong recently. :sad:

I've not had any issues with foods over lockdown at all or at any point during the year. It was just now. Unfortunately they were one of my safe foods so that's something else I have to cross off the list. 

Your first mistake was believing the Ginsters offering you ate was in any way related to a real pasty.
They are generally regarded in the South West as sh*t.
Some people that work there live in digs near me and if the empty cans of cheap Polish lager left lying around where they hang about while waiting for their bus pick-up in the morning are anything to go by then I'm sure their work quality won't be of any great quality.

• Like 1

I don't like reading all the accusations of bullying by the Home Secretary. Most people would have to pay good money to be abused by a strict lady, and these civil servants are getting it for free!😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Nick Y said:

I don't want to worry you but if you have any cold symptoms as well or your sense of smell is not as good as usual then it would be a good idea to get a Covid test.

1 hour ago, Nick Y said:

I've not had any issues with foods over lockdown at all or at any point during the year. It was just now. Unfortunately they were one of my safe foods so that's something else I have to cross off the list. 

Hmm, odd.  It was different foods and different supermarkets so it can't just have been me.  Unless I'm getting intrusive tastes and smells now... 😳

I don't really have any safe foods left now.  I thought last Xmas was bad but this year has seen the last few things taken off the list.  Every meal is a battle.  Can't even trust bread amymore...I'm having to toast it every time!  I'm so fed up of trying to force food in...but there's not exactly an alternative. 😑

Been a bit of a odd day. 

Took mum out several places to get things for my grandparents as my grandad came back home from hospital. I just get annoyed why it takes her so long to pop to the shops. Took her 20-30 minutes to get a few things from two shops when I'm sure it would take me less than half time.

Second I was driving to Tesco's and I heard something hit the side of the car. Sounded like something came off the tire and hit the side of the car. Can't see any visible marks so hopefully all good. 

After all this controlling myself in Tesco I had some stupid rude lady say can you move to my mum in a stupid teenager way. Mum said sorry and she just said yeah you better be. I was so close to blowing up and saying something to her. Thankfully mum and sister didn't really take notice and I think she was some stuck-up teenager so nothing new there. I just think to myself she doesn't have a great life herself hence her behaviour. Really bothers me you have low life's like that in this world.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Been a bit of a odd day. 

Took mum out several places to get things for my grandparents as my grandad came back home from hospital. I just get annoyed why it takes her so long to pop to the shops. Took her 20-30 minutes to get a few things from two shops when I'm sure it would take me less than half time.

Second I was driving to Tesco's and I heard something hit the side of the car. Sounded like something came off the tire and hit the side of the car. Can't see any visible marks so hopefully all good. 

After all this controlling myself in Tesco I had some stupid rude lady say can you move to my mum in a stupid teenager way. Mum said sorry and she just said yeah you better be. I was so close to blowing up and saying something to her. Thankfully mum and sister didn't really take notice and I think she was some stuck-up teenager so nothing new there. I just think to myself she doesn't have a great life herself hence her behaviour. Really bothers me you have low life's like that in this world.

It's a shame some people have to be d1cks, especially when it's aimed at someone who hasn't don't anything wrong.  Sounds like the so called "lady" you encountered deserved what in Barnsley is called a "f*ck off tablet" :taz:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, FatHead1979 said:

It's a shame some people have to be d1cks, especially when it's aimed at someone who hasn't don't anything wrong.  Sounds like the so called "lady" you encountered deserved what in Barnsley is called a "f*ck off tablet" :taz:

Lol thanks for cheering me up 😊. Yeah to be honest it feels like covid and restrictions has done something to people. It's like with driving, your always going to get that one stupid person.

Yesterday I was driving behind a bus and cars had to go on the over side of the road as an articulated lorry was parked up on the side. I slowed down as there were oncoming cars who have right of way. Had a guy in a ranger behind me decide to overtake to get past and I just had my head turned to him whilst he past me. Have it on camera so can upload that to the police. I've had 4 people get sent a letter of intented prosecution due to their bad driving. Honestly it has made me a more calm driver as I now know the police take action on it.

Just now, zain611 said:

Lol thanks for cheering me up 😊. Yeah to be honest it feels like covid and restrictions has done something to people. It's like with driving, your always going to get that one stupid person.

Yesterday I was driving behind a bus and cars had to go on the over side of the road as an articulated lorry was parked up on the side. I slowed down as there were oncoming cars who have right of way. Had a guy in a ranger behind me decide to overtake to get past and I just had my head turned to him whilst he past me. Have it on camera so can upload that to the police. I've had 4 people get sent a letter of intented prosecution due to their bad driving. Honestly it has made me a more calm driver as I now know the police take action on it.

No worries mate.  I have to admit I'm making a conscious effort to let things slide that I wouldn't ordinarily (driving wise) on the basis that people are more stressed/distracted than "normal" although it does stop me occasionally wanting to beat some moron savagely! :stupid: (It's usually an Audi driver that's decided that red lights are a suggestion, rather than something that needs to be obeyed) :rifle:

• Like 1

I don't like trying to go shopping early this morning, juggling a jumper, coat, bags for life, mask and sunglasses due to intense sun but also enough cold and damp to immediately make them useless...and to make matters worse everything was frozen as well.

I'd seen my neighbour go out with some water to aid his scraping which seemed to work for him...but not for me, maybe his was warmer! :rolleyes:   Anyway, whilst scraping the windscreen I noticed the mirrors weren't defrosting...then noticed the rear screen had started but not done much.  Look inside and the battery light is on, rear screen had been cut-off.  Tried pressing the rear screen button but the screen came on for a second and then went off again...who maps these things!?  The rear screen is only needed while idling after a cold start, it's pointless if it only works while driving, raise the revs PCM! :ermm:  So, after scraping everything I started driving and worryingly the battery light didn't go out...  I only had a 2 mile trip to Tesco so held a lower gear hoping to get more charge into the battery.  Light went out just as I got to Tesco, and obviously had to park and switch off.  Que 10 minutes in Tesco panicking that the car wouldn't start when I left...  Fortunately it started fine, and no battery light...but of course I've only driven 2 miles home again.  So will the battery be dead in a day or two when I next go to use it?  Who knows!?  With that, the impending MOT and a knock/twang on the NS, I definitely think it's time for something else! :wink: 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club