Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

The blue car was the one that was hit and the yellow one was hit by the blue one! 

received_353235929702219.jpeg

received_2076824915800022.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Turvey said:

The blue car was the one that was hit and the yellow one was hit by the blue one!

Who ordered the 50 bottles of 'T' Cut ?

T Cut.JPG

• Haha 2

Don't like snapping another spring this morning...on my recliner! :whistling:  

One snapped about a year ago, but it still worked fine, now the other has gone the front won't lift without persuasion...  :sad:  Just checked eBay and see they only cost a fiver or so...  Anyone know if they come in different rates?  I want Titanium spec, not ST-Line spec, I won't be strong enough to close it otherwise! :laugh: 

• Haha 1

Hmm, turns out it didn't snap.  First glance looks like it just fell off...

829923909_Screenshot_20210713-1114372.thumb.png.de47a5696c3a5e9ce74a5dc242164cd2.png

But trying to refit it, it's too long.  I think that end coil must have bent.  Doesn't seem to be the same length as the eBay ones though, thought they'd have been standard!

1902288776_Screenshot_20210713-1114592.thumb.png.290dfd432d61e6a8b0699e2a25747aa2.png

• Like 1

I was trying to push it in the wrong hole...  Just checked the other chair...  I've got absolutely no chance of getting that much stretch into it, can't even get one coil to move!! 😳 ☹️1532285764_Screenshot_20210713-1138122.thumb.png.497ed30c574ec7f9a0d24f0b38be4916.png

i broke 4 of those wiggly black spring things in one of my sofas once. went straight through to the floor, so i had some more ice cream.

• Haha 1

@Turvey yeah your right there. Thankfully no damage that effected the car. 

Was quoted £30 for a panther black door from a breakers so may get that. Need to see about pulling the sill out and getting that and the rear quarter sprayed.

• Like 1

Don't like I can hear a mosquito in the living room but I can't see it. Very quiet down here as I'm the only one not gone to bed yet.  I have very good hearing range and it's annoying me. My eyesight not so good. It's going to bite me soon if I stay downstairs. Time for bed and hope it doesn't follow me. 

Don't like it's getting too hot and will be at work tommorow. I probably need to go to my local wetherspoons lunch time and search out some unhealthy individual there whist keeping my NHS track and trace app running. 

Waiting for the app to ping me fingers crossed. 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/15/2021 at 10:32 PM, iantt said:

Don't like I can hear a mosquito in the living room but I can't see it. Very quiet down here as I'm the only one not gone to bed yet.  I have very good hearing range and it's annoying me. My eyesight not so good. It's going to bite me soon if I stay downstairs. Time for bed and hope it doesn't follow me. 

From my QI knowledge 😄 , it's the females that bite you and they are silent attackers :vampire:

• Like 1

Don't like how much more tragic this year is getting for me. Recently heard my uncle got a call saying his brother has passed away. Did not tell him how so waiting on that now.

Also my gran has got news that her cancer cannot be treated now. The cancer has now caused her to be paralysed in the legs and has spread to various organs. Very likely when she does pass away it will be due to liver failure as it has built up mostly in that organ. Just a matter of weeks or months now till we hear she isn't with us anymore and have to be there for dad when this happens.

• Sad 5

@zain611 shout in my direction if you need any help.

Not been a great year for me either. Spent a couple of hours, on Friday just gone, at a friend's house to say 'goodbye' as he's about to undertake the last line of chemotherapy for what started off as prostate cancer and spread to his spine.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 7:26 PM, Zico said:

@zain611 shout in my direction if you need any help.

Not been a great year for me either. Spent a couple of hours, on Friday just gone, at a friend's house to say 'goodbye' as he's about to undertake the last line of chemotherapy for what started off as prostate cancer and spread to his spine.

Sorry to hear that zico. Always have some hope there.

Don't think my gran has come back from hospital yet. Yesterday my family went to the house and saw my aunt and grandad there. My aunt is starting to have her moments going upstairs and crying about it. It was the traditional Muslim Eid event yesterday hence why family were meeting up.

Was sadly working yesterday so couldn't go. Sadly experienced a patient passing away from covid in the hospital. Me and the nurse went into the room when his grand son came out to tell us he's gone. Head to one side on the bed with his eyes open. Doctors took over an hour to get there and "officially" confirm his death an hour after he stopped breathing which made me a little angry. 

• Sad 1

I don't have anything to complain about today......yet! Just wanted to grab a screenshot with my pic on 3 threads 😄

Screenshot_20210724-074832.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Anyone posted a laptop recently?

Trying to find a quote for somewhere that will courier battery items and insure it for the full cost.

Last laptop I posted was only worth £20 so just checked it in a normal courier but don't want to risk it with this one!

I don't like my Car Insurance Renewal offer with the usual 20% price hike,
Already seeing other quotes for £130 less and I know when I tell them I'm leaving I'll get a price match,
Last year I got it £12 cheaper than the year before because they matched another quote,
So they would have got more out of me if it was the same as previous because I wouldn't have been bothered.

23 minutes ago, RAIDER32 said:

I don't like my Car Insurance Renewal offer with the usual 20% price hike,

Now, my mum just got her renwal at a 29% increase. I went to a comparison site, saved her £145, AND got me put down as a named driver just for emergencies!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Anyone posted a laptop recently?

Trying to find a quote for somewhere that will courier battery items and insure it for the full cost.

Last laptop I posted was only worth £20 so just checked it in a normal courier but don't want to risk it with this one!

I think DHL will but you need to print the lithium sticker they should provide when online booking

Its amazing how so many people put the wrong tracking number on eBay when you buy an item,you cant try it and always says its not delivered.

You message them saying its not arrived which you are still waiting then it arrives late but they already give you an option to send again or full refund,i have messaged a few saying its arrived like a week later but they have already sent another item,they must loose so much money.

5 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Its amazing how so many people put the wrong tracking number on ebay when you buy an item,you cant try it and always says its not delivered.

You message them saying its not arrived which you are still waiting then it arrives late but they already give you an option to send again or full refund,i have messaged a few saying its arrived like a week later but they have already sent another item,they must loose so much money.

They're probably making so much profit it doesn't matter about the odd loss.  

I had an annoying one this week.  Item cost under £20...yet it was sent via Parcelforce Signed For.  They made one attempt to deliver and then left it at the post office which I can't get to.  There is an option to have it redelivered but only by telephone which I can't do either.  This is only the the second time it's happened in 6 years as every other courier uses my safe place! :rolleyes: 

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

There is an option to have it redelivered but only by telephone which I can't do either...  

Now, is that one of those new fangled 'transporter' smartphones then? LOL

The-Cage-transporter.thumb.jpg.de8b8d9393e7f7e40aa7196b617c4989.jpg

• Haha 1

Just now, StephenFord said:

Now, is that one of those new fangled 'transporter' smartphones then? LOL

The-Cage-transporter.thumb.jpg.de8b8d9393e7f7e40aa7196b617c4989.jpg

I wish!  :laugh:  It's the archaic notion that people actually want to speak to each other...causing unnecessary nuisance both ends and generally mis-hearing or misunderstanding what each other have said. :unsure:  It's 2021 for goodness sake...give me an online form or a webchat! :rolleyes: 

To balance that out though, I did have a large £300 item collected for return last week with no hassle at all...plus one for Argos there!  I'd read plenty of horror stories about their returns procedure before so was pleasantly surprised, which doesn't happen often!

• Like 1

I don't like our dishwasher not working correctly! 🙄 

Built-in Siemens that must be about 20 years old, sticking on 1 minute remaining for 10-20 minutes and not draining.

Could be a blockage in the drain going by Google, so guessing I'm getting the toolbox out tomorrow 🙄

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club