Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I do like my new laptop. Full HD 1080p 15.6" display, 1TB HDD + 128GB SSD (OS installed on it), 8GB DDR4 RAM and a red illuminated keyboard (it's a mid-level gaming laptop). 
Very fast to boot and quick response for opening apps, documents etc. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I do like finally getting the Focus steering pump leak fixed! 😀

Not so sure about the size of the packaging it came home in though! Could have sent it in a Jiffy bag 🙄

IMG_20190316_130105524.jpg

IMG_20190316_130124284.jpg

Lenny must have packaged it 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Tori woods said:

Lenny must have packaged it 

such a big box for a small item what a waste 😊

• Haha 1

It's the start of the F1 season and I have new socks...

faf253e343d6afb5817772012baac51a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

It's the start of the F1 season and I have new socks...

faf253e343d6afb5817772012baac51a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Unless you're submitting to the pay wall that is Sky, it's only the British GP that's live this year and highlights for the rest on Channel 4.

I will not pay a penny to Sky for F1 any more. Compared to the BCC and Channel 4 coverage, Sky's was very poor (had a Sky sub for the first few seasons after they got the F1 contract).

2 minutes ago, Zico said:

Unless you're submitting to the pay wall that is Sky, it's only the British GP that's live this year and highlights for the rest on Channel 4.

I will not pay a penny to Sky for F1 any more. Compared to the BCC and Channel 4 coverage, Sky's was very poor (had a Sky sub for the first few seasons after they got the F1 contract).

F1 was never the same after Murray Walker left/retired. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Turvey said:

F1 was never the same after Murray Walker left/retired. 

I agree with that. I've got F1 and F1 97 for PS1 and his commentary just made the games. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zico said:

Nope - I have 2 young kids so watching the qualifying and race live is a distant memory. Channel 4 highlights are just fine for me...

• Like 1

After finding out I was missing a rubber seal just inside the drivers door under the little window, I got the part from Ford for £1. 
The second image is how I found out it was missing and is from the passenger side. 

DSC_0518.JPG

DSC_0516.JPG

• Like 2

Only £1? Result! I always thought it was a £20 minimum spend in Ford's, it usually seems that way! 😀

3 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Only £1? Result! I always thought it was a £20 minimum spend in Ford's, it usually seems that way! 😀

Yep, £1. I thought it would have been like a fiver or something but it was only a quid. 
Good to know that I can get another one if I decide to route my amp wire through that area. 

48 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

After finding out I was missing a rubber seal just inside the drivers door under the little window, I got the part from Ford for £1. 
The second image is how I found out it was missing and is from the passenger side. 

DSC_0518.JPG

DSC_0516.JPG

that's got to be there cheapest thing in there ☺️

I do like seeing the Mk8 Fiesta ST on Top Gear last night...the pops on the gearchanges really made me want one! :laugh: 

But seriously, Chris Harris was saying about the rear suspension being far more complaint than the Mk7 due to the torque vectoring springs and variable damping...can anyone confirm that in real world driving?  Ride comfort was  about the worst thing about the Mk6 ST I had!

20 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Chris Harris was saying about the rear suspension being far more complaint than the Mk7 due to the torque vectoring springs and variable damping...can anyone confirm that in real world driving?  Ride comfort was  about the worst thing about the Mk6 ST I had!

Recorded this so looking forward to watching. Very interested in how the suspension works in the real world, as that was what put me off the Mk 7.

I suspect that, despite any improvements, it will still be a similar story for me with the Mk 8. Only managed a quick drive round the block so far, waiting for my usual dealer to put their long term demo on so I can have a decent drive. I find the ST- Line a decent compromise for the rubbish roads I drive on, so really if the ST is much harder, it'll still be a no go for me I'm afraid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I do like seeing the Mk8 Fiesta ST on Top Gear last night...the pops on the gearchanges really made me want one! :laugh: 

But seriously, Chris Harris was saying about the rear suspension being far more complaint than the Mk7 due to the torque vectoring springs and variable damping...can anyone confirm that in real world driving?  Ride comfort was  about the worst thing about the Mk6 ST I had!

I saw the beginning of the final episode of the series but my dad was messing around trying to adjust something on the TV. Didn't know the new series started. 

43 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I saw the beginning of the final episode of the series but my dad was messing around trying to adjust something on the TV. Didn't know the new series started. 

43 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Don't know about you guys, but couldn't get into it this series. Only things I found of much interest were the Renault Megane RS test and the Suzuki Ignis vs Panda mountain climb - hopefully I'll find the ST item good too.

I did have an idea to revitalise the show, though. Replace the "Star in a reasonably priced car" thing with "Totally unknown guy (ie me) in an outrageously priced car". 😀Whaddya reckon?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I did have an idea to revitalise the show, though. Replace the "Star in a reasonably priced car" thing with "Totally unknown guy (ie me) in an outrageously priced car". 😀Whaddya reckon?

It gets my vote!🙂

4 hours ago, zain611 said:

You can get it on iPlayer if you have a laptop or smart TV.  I wouldn't want to watch an hour's program on a phone screen though lol.  Actually just thought, there's probably an iPlayer app on the PS4?

4 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Don't know about you guys, but couldn't get into it this series. Only things I found of much interest were the Renault Megane RS test and the Suzuki Ignis vs Panda mountain climb - hopefully I'll find the ST item good too.

I must admit, I'm still not a fan of the 'new' Top Gear, I thought it'd grow on me but I still prefer watching repeats of Clarksons TG on Dave tbh.  It's alright to pass an hour on a Sunday night, but if there was something else on I wouldn't be fussed about missing it.

I can't really remember anything from the previous shows in this series, even the RS test and Ignis climb had completely slipped my mind until you said that!  

8 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

You can get it on iPlayer if you have a laptop or smart TV.  I wouldn't want to watch an hour's program on a phone screen though lol.  Actually just thought, there's probably an iPlayer app on the PS4?

There is indeed a BBC iPlayer app on the PS4. I used it last night to watch Top Gear. 

• Like 1

I haven't watched top gear since that Evans bloke spoilt it. 

• Like 2

Just now, iantt said:

Is it because he is Ginger?

1 hour ago, iantt said:

I thought Chris was okay, but I think I prefer Joey Matt. The current presenters make a good team. Either way, Clarkson et al were getting really tiresome. I'm not holding out much hope for McGuinness and Flintoff...

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Is it because he is Ginger?

I'm not gingerist. Some of my friends are ginger. Lol 

He was just a gob *****

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Went and done some cooking today. Made some prawn toast not long ago 🦐. Was a bit too oily sadly. Also did make some burgers again for the parents in the early afternoon 😊DSC_0067.thumb.JPG.0ee872d46c8750ef147559503c2707a7.JPG

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club