Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Did you see that program about the black market earlier this week?  Ticket touts and cigarette smugglers...openly on national tv...  Now thats risky selling! :lol: 

8 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Did you see that program about the black market earlier this week?  Ticket touts and cigarette smugglers...openly on national tv...  Now thats risky selling! :lol: 

I was careful and stayed away from the cameras :wink:

Which reminds me, I've still got that boot-full of Embassy to sell :laugh:

• Like 1

A mate of mine( cough cough) some years ago funded a holiday in ibiza on cigarette sales bought in said country. Paid for flight , hotel half board, and taxi to and from airport, lol

• Like 1

It is risky and it's not going to be straightforward, and you need to walk before you can run - so do it as a side thing at least to start with, but there are plenty opportunities for selling out there.

One example, boxes of m&m's at the wholesaler were £1 each (but sold in packs of 9, so £9 total), in argos the same single boxes were £4.99....ofcourse they were targeting the last minute rushed gift buyers, but if you can shift the stuff then it shows you potential mark ups on things!

3 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like securing yet another one of my Gumtree finds.  Already a bargain and then knocking another chunk off the price. 

It is true that I am lacking in many skills, but buying and selling is not one of them! :cool:

Buying and selling together is skill that sets entrepreneurs apart from the rest, and gives you the key to succeed in business, on your own.

There are many outstanding sales people; who lack buying skills and many outstanding buyers; who can't sell.  Without a partnership with another who has them, to compliment their failures: they cannot succeed on their own.

You have both.

• Like 1

I love walking on the moors in thick fog... Lost sight of the car about 10 mins into the walk and that was about 45 mins ago hahaha

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Ianb said:

I love walking on the moors in thick fog... Lost sight of the car about 10 mins into the walk and that was about 45 mins ago hahaha

I used to, in the early days of our dog-human relationship, take Brandy up to Dartmoor for the long Saturday walk with a couple of mates 'borrowed' dogs.  One of whom was a standard white poodle, who would vanish quite quickly in thick fog:laugh:

• Like 1

When I was a scout many years ago I was doing Ten Tors when fog came down.

I actually tripped over a sheep sheltering in a dip in the ground. :d

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

When I was a scout many years ago I was doing Ten Tors when fog came down.

I actually tripped over a sheep sheltering in a dip in the ground. :d

They had scouts back then? :lol:

When I was a scout many years ago I was doing Ten Tors when fog came down.I actually tripped over a sheep sheltering in a dip in the ground. :d

They had scouts back then? :lol:

Cheeky

Tonight's playlist consisting of Elton John, Alan Parsons Project, Police, Led Zeppelin, Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers & The Travelling Wilburys.  I also like how at night I'm very ambitious and have all these great idea's

25 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

Tonight's playlist consisting of Elton John, Alan Parsons Project, Police, Led Zeppelin, Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers & The Travelling Wilburys.  I also like how at night I'm very ambitious and have all these great idea's

The best ideas come at night with some good music and time to relax. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jmurray01 said:

Shame I can't proceed with said idea's.  They're all easily achievable.   

34 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Or, as I've often found, half way through a stroll with Brandy, with the best of all ideas come when it's raining:yahoo:

Giving advice to fellow Focus drivers.

I was leaving work today in front of a new shape ST. He flashed me to pull over so I obliged. Guy jumps out and comes to my window asking about my wind deflectors :) I let him know which ones to get off eBay. My good deed for today :)

Sent from the pub with a pint in the other hand.

• Like 4

Giving advice to fellow Focus drivers.

I was leaving work today in front of a new shape ST. He flashed me to pull over so I obliged. Guy jumps out and comes to my window asking about my wind deflectors :) I let him know which ones to get off eBay. My good deed for today :)

Sent from the pub with a pint in the other hand.

Hope you also directed him to the forum? :)

• Like 2

I do like finally winning an eBay auction for an upgraded oval stereo:smile:, having forgotten all about three auctions previously, and then being outbid on two, when I did remember; even though I sniped them in the last second. I will however probably need a DAB aerial kit from Ford Parts UK as this one has the DAB module. Doubt very much my existing aerial is the DAB one.

Brandy went to the vet, Clive's advice was spot on:smile:

She (the vet) has prescribed Brandy 10 day's worth of antibiotics, to be on the safe side.  Or in dog language, 30 mashed sardines with a teaspoon of the milky liquid out of the little bottle.  She (Brandy) also had her anal glands emptied whilst she was there.  Which seems to be a standard vet service, regardless of what you're presenting with. She (vet) suggested keeping the buster collar on, until her (Brandy) fur begins to grow back on her hole.

We are now awash with anti-bacterial powder, two bottles in the Focus, two in the house and one in her walking bag.

• Like 2

Glad it's being sorted.

I'm actually a trained dog first aid instructor.

• Like 2

I do like a very kind lady at work giving me a bottle of red wine she had sitting around, as she doesn't drink red wine and knows how addicted I am to it.

It's very good, very good indeed...  Especially after a hard Monday!!

• Like 1

I do like the thought of buying a pack of Marlboro Red on Wednesday morning (pay-day).  Can't come soon enough!

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

Glad it's being sorted.

I'm actually a trained dog first aid instructor.

Excellent:smile:

Out of interest, what items should I be carrying in a dog first aid kit, in case I've missed something vital.

I've got a modified human one in the Focus for her, replacing human specific bandaging with the self-clinging vet ones, plus dog ointments, balms and now anti-bacterial powder.  Her house one is slightly more comprehensive in terms of quantities

53 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like a very kind lady at work giving me a bottle of red wine she had sitting around, as she doesn't drink red wine and knows how addicted I am to it.

It's very good, very good indeed...  Especially after a hard Monday!!

Have you ever thought of making your own Jamie? 

Up until the mid 1990's, I used to be prolific; making far more than I could reasonably drink, even if i were drinking it non-stop.  From memory, I used to make around 100 or so batches a year, of between 6 and 300 bottles per batch.

2 minutes ago, GMX said:

Have you ever thought of making your own Jamie? 

Up until the mid 1990's, I used to be prolific; making far more than I could reasonably drink, even if i were drinking it non-stop.  From memory, I used to make around 100 or so batches a year, of between 6 and 300 bottles per batch.

Is it a financially viable hobby ? Price per bottle ?

Ideal things to carry-

Rehydrant powder.

Tick removal tool.

Forceps for stings/splinters/glass.

Bandages – a roll of self-adhesive or crepe bandage (5cm width).

Antibac powder.

Conforming/open-weave bandages (2.5cm width).

Non-adhesive absorbent dressings (5cm x 5cm) to cover open wounds

Surgical sticky tape / micropore.

Cotton wool.

Sterile absorbent gauze

Blunt ended scissors, preferably curved.

Foil blanket.

(I also carry a couple of tampons, sounds weird but they are absolutely perfect for treating deep penetrating /bullet wounds).

• Like 2

Just now, MONDEO TXS 2.2 said:

Is it a financially viable hobby ? Price per bottle ?

For the price of a mid-price commercial bottle and 6 months waiting time, you can make 6 bottles of reasonable table wine from concentrated grape juice. Obviously the bigger batches produced the diminishing utility costs. 

I was primarily interested in seeing if I could replicate, commercial varieties from a balanced mixture of fruit ingredients. moving on from the traditional country winemaking.  I did pure grape juice based batches too, often importing named grapes from Italy, Spain and France.  Once, I found I could replicate, I kind of lost interest in doing so - I made my last batch in 1997 and sold all my equipment just before I moved to Broadstone.

20 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Ideal things to carry-

Rehydrant powder.

Tick removal tool.

Forceps for stings/splinters/glass.

Bandages – a roll of self-adhesive or crepe bandage (5cm width).

Antibac powder.

Conforming/open-weave bandages (2.5cm width).

Non-adhesive absorbent dressings (5cm x 5cm) to cover open wounds

Surgical sticky tape / micropore.

Cotton wool.

Sterile absorbent gauze

Blunt ended scissors, preferably curved.

Foil blanket.

(I also carry a couple of tampons, sounds weird but they are absolutely perfect for treating deep penetrating /bullet wounds).

Thanks Clive:smile:

There's a few things I haven't got at all in the Focus box, and a couple in the house box: amendments will made

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club