Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

5 hours ago, Ams said:

Hello Everyone,

Just another update: 

After numerous tries by ford workshops at various dealers, door rattle problem which was mentioned in another thread on this forum couldn't be fixed. And eventually I gave up and traded the car in for a new Ford Puma. It was a factory order and picked up on Friday last week. Now everything is working fine on Sync 3 and it's all unto date. Only issue I'm having it activating Live traffic. When I go to my ford account it asks me to activate 2 year free trial and I go through the motion to activate it. Once I click confirm activation button nothing happens. I have to wait atleast 30 mins before logging in as it doesn't work during that time and it still says activate trial. Has anyone else had this issue on their cars.

Thank you in advance.

thats the number for FordPass support. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, erictcleric said:

The moire effect isn't part of the new UI 🙂

DSC_0639_copy_800x450.jpg

I notice they have gone back to the album cover being clickabe to get more info, instead of the silly extra button. The sooner this becomes an official update the better

4 hours ago, Alex.S said:

thats the number for FordPass support. 

Thank you. Will call them later today. 

On 10/29/2020 at 12:24 PM, PLB said:

Alex, it would be interesting to know if you eventually get all the same downloaded files as Darren.

PLB , I’m getting these exact files , in that order from this list. I think the time might be a bit out but definitely correct in order. Wifi speed will be a big factor.  Hats off to whoever documented this..another couple of connected hours time it’ll be done 😊👍 

edit*after comparing with the other list of files posted ... looks like VOICE_NAV file BAE is the only voice file I’ve got. English , French , German according to the earlier post I’ll attach ..

F9121063-F161-46DB-8901-665576CA8631.jpeg

5A811889-2830-4DD5-82CD-AD15D66B971A.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

PLB , I’m getting these exact files , in that order from this list. I think the time might be a bit out but definitely correct in order. Wifi speed will be a big factor.  Hats off to whoever documented this..another couple of connected hours time it’ll be done 😊👍 

edit*after comparing with the other list of files posted ... looks like VOICE_NAV file BAE is the only voice file I’ve got. English , French , German according to the earlier post I’ll attach ..

F9121063-F161-46DB-8901-665576CA8631.jpeg

5A811889-2830-4DD5-82CD-AD15D66B971A.jpeg

Thanks for the progress update. 

I think we can thank Daz-UK for the original WiFi download file list. 👍

1 hour ago, PLB said:

Thanks for the progress update. 

You going to go OTA ? Or alexp999 ? 
I’m sure it adds up to the same thing , OTA is probably more hassle depending on WiFi connection. 
What’s this 3.4 sync having 2 different versions already? I’ve got 20136 I downloaded from ford website few weeks ago.

Who got 20196 ? And how/why? 

20196 is available from the unofficial Cyanlabs method, via their Syn3 updater. As to why: because it's there 🙂

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

You going to go OTA ? Or alexp999 ? 
I’m sure it adds up to the same thing , OTA is probably more hassle depending on WiFi connection. 
What’s this 3.4 sync having 2 different versions already? I’ve got 20136 I downloaded from ford website few weeks ago.

Who got 20196 ? And how/why? 

To be honest I gave up fairly early in the OTA download the last time I tried but as I’m not in a particular rush I may give OTA another go.

After all it looks like in your case you won’t have to wait until Christmas before the download finishes. 😂

As erictcleric says above, 20196 is an unofficial version but some have said that there may be an official version released eventually.

If you look back a little in this thread you will find that he posted a screenshot of the (media screen) GUI.

• Like 1

I gave up on OTA initially, but after connecting once I realised it was downloading itself sometimes. Got sync3.4 (which I already had via website and usb stick) really quick. I think the estimated 13 hours probably is about right. I’ve got 2 files left to go. Shouldn’t take long, the biggest files were the 1st two...English, French and German voice and F9 EU . BBG- EU map seems to be last. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

I gave up on OTA initially, but after connecting once I realised it was downloading itself sometimes. Got sync3.4 (which I already had via website and usb stick) really quick. I think the estimated 13 hours probably is about right. I’ve got 2 files left to go. Shouldn’t take long, the biggest files were the 1st two...English, French and German voice and F9 EU . BBG- EU map seems to be last. 

Just had an idea.

You have an auto like me, have you tried remotely starting the vehicle and checking that it connects and starts downloading.

If it does then there would be no need to go out to the vehicle every 20 minutes or so to reconnect the WiFi.

9 hours ago, PLB said:

Just had an idea.

You have an auto like me, have you tried remotely starting the vehicle and checking that it connects and starts downloading.

If it does then there would be no need to go out to the vehicle every 20 minutes or so to reconnect the WiFi.

Haha I hadn’t thought of that! Thing is it needs a bit of intervention sometimes, ie connecting wifi by pressing a few buttons. Other times it’ll move on itself. 

• Like 1

On 10/31/2020 at 12:15 AM, Alex.S said:

Did you successfully download those last two files and did it all go well ?

6 hours ago, PLB said:

Did you successfully download those last two files and did it all go well ?

I think so! When I press the search for update button It says software is up to date with date and time. But , it said that sometimes when it was searching during the process. Last I saw a file name was the 2nd last. The last being BJ (Cyprus I think ) . So yeah it’s searching but not finding anything. Maps I’ll never use but properly up to date now...it seems..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alex.S said:

I think so! When I press the search for update button It says software is up to date with date and time. But , it said that sometimes when it was searching during the process. Last I saw a file name was the 2nd last. The last being BJ (Cyprus I think ) . So yeah it’s searching but not finding anything. Maps I’ll never use but properly up to date now...it seems..

Thanks, good to hear that it’s completed and all up to date. 👍

I will try and get around to doing mine soon.

• Like 1

I’ve not had reason to use F9 navigation yet. I always thought the graphics weren’t great before so hoping for improvement on that front. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know what is happening at Ford.  I still have F7 maps and "your system and maps are up to date" message on my 2019 Fiesta. Are Ford closed down due to the corona virus?

On 11/20/2020 at 11:18 AM, whitecarman said:

Anyone know what is happening at Ford.  I still have F7 maps and "your system and maps are up to date" message on my 2019 Fiesta. Are Ford closed down due to the corona virus?

Have you got wifi within distance of your car? I was lucky, had a ‘fair’ connection on my driveway , managed to get the F9 maps OTA. Or

If you scroll back thru this thread there is a download a member has kindly posted.

Ford website wasn’t offering F9 maps last I checked. I did however get sync3.4 from the site.

I still have F7 maps and "your system and maps are up to date" message on my 2019 Fiesta

Ford finally started rolling out the Sync & Map update for Sync 3.2+ systems a few months ago, after promising it for early this year!. They seem to be doing it gradually, they started with the Kuga's (I think!) then the Focus. So it's possible they've not got to the Fiesta yet...

3 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Have you got wifi within distance of your car? I was lucky, had a ‘fair’ connection on my driveway , managed to get the F9 maps OTA. Or

If you scroll back thru this thread there is a download a member has kindly posted.

Ford website wasn’t offering F9 maps last I checked. I did however get sync3.4 from the site.

Its on Alexp999 post several pages back. Its the  Ford software from one of their servers. Dont waste your time waiting for it to be offered on the Ford download site .

Used WiFi to upgrade my 2019 Fiesta from Sync 3.2 to 3.4 successfully. (Just a note to all that the Ford official update appears remove all stored information including favorites possibly due to a reformat of the drive?). The maps started to download but was VERY slow so I used the Cyan Labs files for all the maps and can confirm that F9 is now installed and all is working.

Still waiting for Ford to offer me the update for my 2019 Fiesta. At this rate it is going to be New Year before I get it.

10 minutes ago, jsk said:

Still waiting for Ford to offer me the update for my 2019 Fiesta. At this rate it is going to be New Year before I get it.

Have you got auto download switched on? 

As suggested by others including me don't waste your life waiting for it to be offered on the Ford download site just download the Alexp999 F9 download ( on this thread somewhere) it's the official Ford F9 download from one of their servers, exactly the same as they may offer you eventually.

• Like 2

Thanks for the input Brian. I am having to download all updates via the Ford website as I have no internet connection to the car. Parked to far away from my router. I have the copy of  Alexp999 F9 download but am waiting for the 3.4 update as I am still on 3.3.

I wish she'd make her mind up, is it 3.4 miles or 4.4 miles. This has happened several times when searching for a POI, she gives a far smaller distance than when the route is calculated.

IMG_20201204_104141.jpg

IMG_20201204_104210.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club