Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

3 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

Oh Ian. You obviously haven't owned one. I've had Four and when finances allow I'll be going for a Fifth. 

I didn't say eitherway, you just assumed. 🤣🤣. Your too predictable . 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

Oh Ian. You obviously haven't owned one. I've had Four and when finances allow I'll be going for a Fifth. 

You probably know, but tonight's Car SOS is doing a Lexus i200 (last one of the series)

Things I do like !! 😀

My Motorbike insurance has gone UP which will be a surprise to no one.

Last year it was £98.59 and this year it has increased to ..........  £102.20 👍

I'll consider that a win 🎉

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, unofix said:

Things I do like !! 😀

Now that increase is just what inflation currently is - what kind of witchcraft is your company operating under?? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, unofix said:

Things I do like !! 😀

Still seems steep for your bike., have you tried toysrus insurance.  🤣🤣🤣

images.jpeg

• Haha 3

Just seen an interesting statistic on Richard Osman's House of Games. 

The question was - How many grey cars were registered in the UK in 2021?

I knew of at least one, the Mk4 Focus Vignale I bought.  But the answer blew my suggestion of '10,000' out of the water.  It was a whopping 400,000.  A quarter of all cars registered in the UK that year were grey. 😮

There would have been one less if my chosen colour, Chrome Blue, hadn't been temporarily unavailable when I ordered! :biggrin:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Just seen an interesting statistic on Richard Osman's House of Games. 

The question was - How many grey cars were registered in the UK in 2021?

I knew of at least one, the Mk4 Focus Vignale I bought.  But the answer blew my suggestion of '10,000' out of the water.  It was a whopping 400,000.  A quarter of all cars registered in the UK that year were grey. 😮

There would have been one less if my chosen colour, Chrome Blue, hadn't been temporarily unavailable when I ordered! :biggrin:

Yeah, such a popular colour. Lots of pumas and kugas in grey on the roads

• Like 2

sadly tho they all look like their in primer

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

All the Puma's around here seem to be Desert Island Blue.  There's just one Mean Green ST to break up the monotony. :smile:

52 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It was a whopping 400,000.  A quarter of all cars registered in the UK that year were grey. 😮

Very probably reflected the mood of the people at the time 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/13/2024 at 7:48 PM, TomsFocus said:

It was a whopping 400,000.  A quarter of all cars registered in the UK that year were grey.

Did you see how many were maroon Tom? Just 12 :laugh:

• Haha 1

It was a whopping 400,000.  A quarter of all cars registered in the UK that year were grey.

6 minutes ago, mjt said:

Almost, 'pointless' LOL

• Haha 2

A quarter of all cars registered in the UK that year were grey. 😮

It makes playing 'Yellow Car' with the grandkids more challenging 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I do like the visitor we got in the garden last night.

20240521_205853~2.jpg

• Like 3

I do like that today despite having to ride in torrential rain and getting soaked, even on the inside of my leather jacket, the trusty steed passed it's MOT and with out any advisories 🎉🎉 -  There was a comment made that the number plate could possibly be just a little too small 🤣

• Like 7

13 hours ago, unofix said:

There was a comment made that the number plate could possibly be just a little too small 🤣

You naughty boy!

• Haha 2

Oh? What steed do you have Unofix? I'm a biker of the halcyon era. 80's and 90's. Much less cars on the road. Less speed cameras. Cop cars slow as rubber duck. Because of my skillful daredevil riding style I was given the nickname MadVlad. 

Would I ride a bike nowadays? No effing chance. But I doff my cap to you for riding in these shytte days. 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I do like that a while back, I was successfully treated for Bowel Cancer, but now technology has advanced to the stage that I can get an annual screening kit posted to my home with a prepaid return envelope, so the hassle of a yearly visit to hospital is no longer needed...

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

an annual screening kit posted to my home with a prepaid return envelope

Yes, we participate in the routine screening programme though I'm happy to say we've been negative so far. It amazes me that we know people who won't do it because they don't like the idea of messing with poo!

41 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

but now technology has advanced to the stage that I can get an annual screening kit posted to my home with a prepaid return envelope, so the hassle of a yearly visit to hospital is no longer needed...

Good news that NI has caught up with England, thank goodness we have a National Health service 🤔

I get sent the kit every two years. What I don't like is they only get back to you if they detect a problem. I worry that the sample might get lost in the post and I'd never find out they hadn't received it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, unofix said:

What I don't like is they only get back to you if they detect a problem. 

That's odd. We are part of the North East Screening Programme based in Gateshead (presume you will be also). 

So far we've always had a letter to say no follow up required.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, unofix said:

Good news that NI has caught up with England, thank goodness we have a National Health Service 🤔

I get sent the kit every two years. What I don't like is they only get back to you if they detect a problem. I worry that the sample might get lost in the post and I'd never find out they hadn't received it.

They get back to you here with good or bad news after 2 weeks, stops all that wondering , 'what if...'

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

It amazes me that we know people who won't do it because they don't like the idea of messing with poo!

Certainly an experience trying to catch it in some toilet roll for the first time...heavier than expected, and the amount of heat! 😧

I thought (perhaps wrongly!) that most older people would have had to deal with babies or pets at some point though, and would have been more able to manage it.

I had to provide a sample for a different reason.  But had the same experience as Unofix.  Heard nothing back until I eventually contacted them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TomsFocus said:

Certainly an experience trying to catch it in some toilet roll for the first time...heavier than expected, and the amount of heat! 😧

I think we're now in danger of straying into the "too much information" area!😀

• Haha 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club