Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I do like walking with Brandy in the early morning fog, and watching the sun rise and dissipate it,  as we trundle along.:smile:  It's much warmer than Novembers used to be too, 16°C on the garage wall thermometer when we got back. :ohmy:

10 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Further to that, I like buying a bottle of sherry (my occasional treat) on the way home and enjoying a few glasses with a film tonight. 

I've got two shelves of sherry in the garage, that no-one particularly drinks or requests, some of it is rather well matured now.  All the bottles are at least 12 years old. My Mum used to have a tipple with her friends but hasn't done so, for 12 years or more.

The Merc's looking good, I'm not sure those alloys do anything for it though

1 hour ago, GMX said:

I've got two shelves of sherry in the garage, that no-one particularly drinks or requests, some of it is rather well matured now.  All the bottles are at least 12 years old. My Mum used to have a tipple with her friends but hasn't done so, for 12 years or more.

The Merc's looking good, I'm not sure those alloys do anything for it though

They don't, hence why it'll be getting a set of original alloys at the start of next year when I have some spare money.  I want to get some wear out of the tyres (almost new) that are on the current alloys though, as I don't think they are the right size to go onto Mercedes alloys and I hate waste!! 

do like attending a job interview, being shown into a room to wait, with lots of food, cake,  drinks. then one of three ladys overseeing the admin asked my name and job i had applied for, she said " ooo! i like technicians, so easy to chat too, quick, lock the door and dont  let him leave, your a rare breed, and hard to find! did i know any other techs, or panel beaters, paint sprayers who want a job"

i gather i was the only one to apply for the job. 

so went in higher on  salary expectations in my interview .lol

and yes i did have food, cake etc while i was waiting. and had a top up on my way out 

• Like 5

Should have taken her phone number too 😉

3 for 3?

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

derr, didnt ask. lol, was at a hotel, so could have had a room for a while too. ha ha .

• Like 3

I do like finding a few bargains in Tescos reduced zones, six 200g bags of kale, 3 trays of lamb cutlets and 4 packets of mackerel fillets: all of them were half price:smile:

I do like seeing an advert on TV for the new Roy Orbison compilation "The Ultimate Collection"!  Hopefully it will generate some interest, as I worry that people are starting to forget about him, and the younger generation are not being exposed to his music

I do like seeing an advert on TV for the new Roy Orbison compilation "The Ultimate Collection"!  Hopefully it will generate some interest, as I worry that people are starting to forget about him, and the younger generation are not being exposed to his music. 

Who??

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

Who??

Very good Ken, very good... :dry:

• Like 1

Who??

Very good Ken, very good... dry.png

Just googled it and realized it was The guy that sang the pretty woman soundtrack

• Like 1

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:41 PM, iantt said:

do like attending a job interview, being shown into a room to wait, with lots of food, cake,  drinks. then one of three ladys overseeing the admin asked my name and job i had applied for, she said " ooo! i like technicians, so easy to chat too, quick, lock the door and dont  let him leave, your a rare breed, and hard to find! did i know any other techs, or panel beaters, paint sprayers who want a job"

i gather i was the only one to apply for the job. 

so went in higher on  salary expectations in my interview .lol

and yes i did have food, cake etc while i was waiting. and had a top up on my way out 

I met my old college tech in the supermarket a couple of weeks ago, he was saying how a lot of the dealerships round here are finding it hard to get techs atm, wonder why there's so few people doing it now? :unsure: 

I did even apply for a few trainee positions (listing my...errr...problems) just in case they were desperate enough to give me a go but I haven't heard back yet lol.

I do like watching a controlled roaring bonfire last night at a local free fireworks display, bit of drizzle and parking was a free-for-all on a tiny unlit country lane but I couldn't turn down free! :laugh: 

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I met my old college tech in the supermarket a couple of weeks ago, he was saying how a lot of the dealerships round here are finding it hard to get techs atm, wonder why there's so few people doing it now? :unsure: 

I did even apply for a few trainee positions (listing my...errr...problems) just in case they were desperate enough to give me a go but I haven't heard back yet lol.

I do like watching a controlled roaring bonfire last night at a local free fireworks display, bit of drizzle and parking was a free-for-all on a tiny unlit country lane but I couldn't turn down free! :laugh: 

school leavers now can find jobs/training without getting there hands dirty and for better pay., and used to be the case " if all else fails i will be a mechanic" 

trouble is now cars are more complicated to work on, and just having a few spanners and a hammer doest fix them.

one of the few trades where you have to supply your own tools to do the job for an employer. and can cost £1000's  to buy. i just spent £600 on a few bits after changing jobs. i hate to think what ive spent over the years. 

how many tools does a plumber, electrician, welder, etc need to own to do there job. 

alot of garages still pay poor rates of pay , no wonder mechanics leave the trade.

• Like 1

I do like another free find...

WP_20161105_16_36_41_Pro.jpg

It's an old-fashioned plasma and certainly not HD, but has a 42" screen and works perfectly, with original remote and didn't cost a penny (except £5 of petrol in the Focus to collect it)! 

We've had HD televisions before and neither of us could tell any difference, so what's the point in wasting money on something you won't appreciate? 

Tomorrow's job (and a post for the "don't like" thread) is taking the 37" Toshiba CRT upstairs...  Not looking forward to that, expectially given that my back has already been playing up as it is.

• Like 3

I do like a free TV :smile:

Good luck with lugging the old one upstairs :ohmy:

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I do like a free TV :smile:

Good luck with lugging the old one upstairs :ohmy:

Thanks, I'll need it...  I have a good deal of strength for initial lifting, but struggle to maintain it for any length of time due to my poor fitness level, and my left leg doesn't provide a great deal of power for going up-stairs at the best of times.  Basically, I'll be lucky if I don't end up in a heap at the foot of the stairs with a CRT on top of me!! :ohmy:

• Like 1

Just leave it downstairs lol.  Find another cheap flatscreen for upstairs!  CRTs suck up electricity anyway, LCD is far more efficient.

With the HD, you need HD channels, normal TV won't be any different.  I've tried the Xbox on both the HDMI port and the scart port and there is a slight difference but I wouldn't pay extra for HD channels lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Just leave it downstairs lol.  Find another cheap flatscreen for upstairs!  CRTs suck up electricity anyway, LCD is far more efficient.

With the HD, you need HD channels, normal TV won't be any different.  I've tried the Xbox on both the HDMI port and the scart port and there is a slight difference but I wouldn't pay extra for HD channels lol.

Have you ever watched racing or football in HD?  Massive difference & my father in law has got 4k & that's just like.  WOW!

• Like 1

Well I don't like racing or football so no... :laugh:

Tbf half of what I watch was recorded in 4:3 let alone being in HD lol.  My Nan pays for sky HD though, she reckons there's a big difference but I don't see it, might just be my rubbish eyes lol.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Are you kidding!?  The flatscreen was just as heavy!!  It's an old Plasma with the glass screen.  LCD may be more efficient, but I prefer old technology.  I can't give a logical reason as to why, but I just do. 

Yes, when we had the HD televisions I used the HD channels on Sky, but still saw no difference.  A good quality CRT/Plasma is more than enough for me.  Besides, without my glasses (which I only wear for driving) my vision is so poor that I can hardly see the TV anyway!! :laugh:

• Like 1

I like getting my car back after waiting a long time for things to be done to it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kpg said:

I like getting my car back after waiting a long time for things to be done to it.

😯What sort of things involving lubricants 😉

7 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Are you kidding!?  The flatscreen was just as heavy!!  It's an old Plasma with the glass screen.  LCD may be more efficient, but I prefer old technology.  I can't give a logical reason as to why, but I just do. 

Yes, when we had the HD televisions I used the HD channels on Sky, but still saw no difference.  A good quality CRT/Plasma is more than enough for me.  Besides, without my glasses (which I only wear for driving) my vision is so poor that I can hardly see the TV anyway!! :laugh:

I too wear glasses and have been told by a t.v. aerial installer whom also wore glasses when working at our home; that to appreciate full HD you need to have 20/20 vision.

I said "so while people are Queuing outside Currys on boxing day, I'll know better and stand outside specsavers for the best deal" 😁

• Like 4

8 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

LED is more efficient than LCD also thinner and lighter, 

There not affected by other light sources in the room, like Sun shining in the Window which can make LCD darker,

Also since your putting a television upstairs; I've documented alot of information and links on getting the most of the tv for free aswell as sharing living room subscription to other rooms in my living room project thread I've also documented alot of energy saving products in the thread link: 

May be of interest 👍

particularly if your not already signed up to SkyQ because with a Sky+HD box you can have multi room viewing for free; watching the same channel, but with SkyQ they want you to pay for a second box and additional monthly fee.

Putting up Christmas Decorations 🎅

12 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Oh really?  My Nans TV is huge, over 40" and flat and I don't find it that bad to move, even if they weigh near the same it's far less awkward than her previous CRT that we couldn't even fit in a Mondeo saloon at the time, wouldn't fit in the boot or through the rear door. :laugh: No idea if its LCD or Plasma though tbf, its about 10 years old.

4 hours ago, Lenny said:

LED is more efficient than LCD also thinner and lighter, 

There not affected by other light sources in the room, like Sun shining in the Window which can make LCD darker,

OLED still costs too much for us normal folk unfortunately, I've got an LED backlit LCD screen, had it 5 years now, very good for gaming as you get proper dark blacks.  The sun does affect it though...but if its sunny you should be outside instead of watching TV! :biggrin: 

44 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Putting up Christmas Decorations 🎅

I really hope that's a joke... :tongue: 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club