Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Covid vaccine - would you take it?

zain611

1 minute ago, williamweb said:

Personally i don’t want to see a witch-hunt.

Not really interested in a witch hunt either, but would like a 'systems' witch hunt, so that governments in the future can never abuse power the way they have in the last few years. I think an apology would be futile, much better if China just open their cheque book to us LOL

• Like 2

just get them to stop supporting Russia

• Like 1

Anyone else notice in the last 24 hours, there have been a flurry of the great & good saying, "well, of course I was against lockdown from the start, and I didn't agree with closing the schools either... blah blah blah". Well they were dam quiet at the time, maybe they should have joined us on here and made a post or 2!!

• Like 2

It turns out our government used masks as a visible sign to spread fear..oh how many times did they say we’re following the science..oh 🤔

Anyone questioning the narrative was vilified - i will never forget, never again!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, williamweb said:

It turns out our  government used masks as a visible sign to spread fear..oh how many times did they say we’re following the science..oh 🤔

Yep, go back 40 odd pages on here and many of us knew that. Also, the 'English' government not wanting to be seen to do nothing, often simply followed the Queen of Scotland on her actions - she sadly knew nothing either...

• Like 2

On 3/5/2023 at 8:29 AM, StephenFord said:

Yep, go back 40 odd pages on here and many of us knew that. Also, the 'English' government not want to be seen to do noting, often simply followed the Queen of Scotland on her actions - she sadly knew nothing either...

I’ve recently gone back and read all my old posts on Covid  and others on here, my posts stand up well to scrutiny yours as well ha ha 👍- apart from the vaccinations, i’ll waver that ha ha 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, williamweb said:

... apart from the vaccinations, i’ll waver that ha ha 

I was double jabbed, as well as double boostered. I was classed as 'vulnerable' having got a shielding letter when all this started. To be honest though, I really don't think I'd volunteer for any more boosters, I've had enough...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I was double jabbed, as well as double boostered. I was classed as 'vulnerable' having got a shielding letter when all this started. To be honest though, I really don't think I'd volunteer for any more boosters, I've had enough...

Yeah, i agree it was also rolled out too quickly and the decision makers panicked. Sadly some used the crisis to make a lot of money.

1 hour ago, williamweb said:

and the decision makers panicked

During the second world war many men and women panicked and threw caution to the wind and had an affair thinking that tomorrow they could be dead !!

......and Matt Hancock is sticking to that excuse 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, unofix said:

During the second world war many men and women panicked and threw caution to the wind and had an affair thinking that tomorrow they could be dead !!

Tried that excuse during 'the troubles', wasn't a great success LOL

• Haha 1

Seems from today's message revelations that Mr  Hancock and Co wanted to cause fear and panic to encourage compliance with their rules, according to the BBC news website:

"Matt Hancock suggested to an aide that they "frighten the pants off everyone" about Covid, messages published by the Sunday Telegraph show.

It appears the former health secretary discussed when to reveal the existence of the Kent variant of Covid to ensure people complied with lockdown rules.

In another exchange, the head of the Civil service, Simon Case, suggested the "fear/guilt factor" was vital to the government's messaging. "

Another thing we keep wondering is whatever happened to those Nightingale Hospitals that were constructed at great speed with the help of the army and various contributors?

And all the gear that went into them?

• Like 2

The fear & panic was palpable. One evening I came into the living room where my partner was crying her eyes out, with fear. She was watching the daily BBC Covid propaganda show. Now, I'm not a 'macho' guy, but from that day, I banned the viewing of that show.

They never once put into context the number of deaths in the UK from other causes. A normal person would have stated Covid deaths, and compare it to deaths from Cancer, heart disease, strokes etc, so that for millions they got the idea for months on end, that the only cause of death in the UK was Covid.

I will never forgive the BBC for being so complacent, and broadcasting simple bad journalism!

• Like 3

A friend just sent me this - made me chuckle! 

2059750442_underwearfart.thumb.jpg.31a6ee81b9982cec84acfe20d0c579ca.jpg

• Haha 4

charcoal embedded underwear allegely can !

Oximeter

Just got an email alert telling me of an offer on an Oximeter. Now, during the nonsense years, these were selling for £70!! So, stock up now, everyone should have one in their 1st aid kit, it's a handy diagnostic tool for little money. (You can buy it from other sources too LOL)

oximeter.thumb.jpg.7017348e4e94e09d17061ab5dafee11d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

something else to sit in my odds and sods draw ---- ordered thanks

• Like 1

Still can't get my oximeter to work.  Tried two now.  Admittedly both under a fiver so may not be top quality.  Can only assume it's my body at fault. :laugh: 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Still can't get my oximeter to work.  Tried two now.  Admittedly both under a fiver so may not be top quality.  Can only assume it's my body at fault. :laugh: 

Tom, I have used proper medical oximeters (at £200 a pop), and cheap sub £5 Chinese ones, have no issues with either. It's clear to me that you are now dead, but haven't actually realised it :laughing:

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It goes on your finger NOT the other appendage 🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

everyone should have one in their 1st aid kit,

Just ordered one - Thanks.

Is this topping up your Maypole commission ? 🤣

• Haha 2

landed that was fast

WIN_20230309_12_17_19_Pro.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Bit surprised recently when my Mrs got this letter via email:

https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/documents/letter-to-patients-important-information-about-new-treatments-for-coronavirus/

Text was identical to the NHS letter in the link from 12 months ago, and it wasn't a scam as a pack of lateral flow tests turned up a few days later.

No idea why they sent it now, and the Mrs has never been advised of any vulnerability by our GP or other medics, so a bit of a puzzle. She's fully vaccinated and boosted, and we both had the virus last year, so a bit of a bolting the stable door, etc, thing anyway.

Anyone else had one?

• Confused 2

• 1 month later...

Well, it's official. Panic is all over. This week not only did my podiatrist ditch her mask at long last, but Lidl have now removed all their till plastic screens!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/29/2023 at 3:00 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Anyone else had one?

Yes, my wife got the letter recently, followed by the testing kit. We're both fully up-to-date with jabs, including the spring booster which I was interested to see was manufactured by a French company and appears to not be a mRNA type. The vaccinator referred to it as a 'brand new vaccine' and was at pains to point out the possible reactions to it. In fact neither of us had any reaction whatsoever. We've never reacted to any of the vaccines. We've avoided Covid so far so feel it's important to keep getting the immunity topped up.

The Covid trend is very much downward at the moment according to the government Covid dashboard which I look at from time to time although there were still 3000 hospital admissions in the last 7 days. I imagine that includes people with Covid who were admitted for other conditions. Hospital staff still seem to be using masks and we had to wear them when getting our boosters and they're still required in our surgery..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjt said:

The vaccinator referred to it as a 'brand new vaccine' and was at pains to point out the possible reactions to it.

Took my wife to get her extra jab yesterday. She's only classified as "vulnerable" because the meds she's on weaken the immune system - case of addressing one problem only to cause another.

Anyway, she got a Pfizer one again (the vaccinator said it was a "new formulation" ) but the info leaflet looked the same as her previous Pfizer, so we'll just have to take their word for it!

No reactions to it so far - in fact my wife has had 2x AZ, 1 x Moderna and 2 x Pfizer and no issues with any. I've had 2 x AZ  and 2 x Pfizer and had "fluey" symptoms with the first Pfizer, nothing with any of the others. 

We both had Covid about 12 months ago but it was just like a bad cold, thanks, we assume, to the vaccines.

4 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Well, it's official. Panic is all over. This week not only did my podiatrist ditch her mask at long last, but Lidl have now removed all their till plastic screens!

Last place asking you to wear a "compulsory"  mask in our area was the local pharmacy, but they've recently dropped it. It's only a small serving area and everyone goes in there coughing and sneezing straight from the doctors surgery so I didn't blame them. They do still ask you to consider using one if you KNOW you have Covid, flu, etc but I think that's fair enough. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club