Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3.4.21020 & F10 maps

colinmcg71

HI. Chainsaw charlie,

It would appear you and i are in the same LIMBO. Come on Ford sort your selves out.

Chris

On 5/30/2021 at 12:55 PM, colinmcg71 said:

All done 😎

08087446-1FD4-4BFA-865B-3000C2FA2193.thumb.jpeg.5241b488ea638a73d9374207741ce499.jpeg

Hi, I found this screen and they are all the same seems like it’s all done, happy days

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chris179 said:

ALEXP 999.

Sorry you have lost me on the second post of the thread, help.

Chris

In the car, press the engine on but do not start, then press fast forward on screen and steering wheel, it should start a speaker test the follow the pic above into the menus I think that what he is pointing too..

Many Thanks Chainsaw, You and me too.

I have sent numerous screenshots and S/W data over 3 weeks, but still awaiting yet another come back.

At least we know it is not us. BUT ***** ON YOU OTHER BUGGERS. PULL YOUR FINGERS OUT.

Sad to know you have to go a month before a problem is owned up too.

Chris

I have a case number as well, so will keep you updated also

Regards

chris

13 hours ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

Thanks Alex, usually interrogator works but not for me with this update, tried many  times with fresh downloads no joy

You don't need to re-do the update, just use the separate interragtor only download from the troubleshooting section.

I had to use it for both the 3.4 update and map update as neither created an XML themselves.

2 minutes ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

No sorry I didn't explain it properly,

I have run the interrogator several times, which usually ends up with an error message, before quiting and not giving me the xml file. I forget the exact error message now but was something like error or similar.

I have on previous updates been able to run interrogator successfully but not this time, maybe because Ford gave me a special download link to maps v 10 download.

Cheers for your help 

It shouldn't make any difference what updates you've installed as it just collects a load of system info to make the xml. Very odd. You could try connecting to wifi and turn on auto updates and it will make its own and upload to ford servers.

Hi, Chainsaw and Alexp.

Just to confirm also. I did my entire Sync and Maps 10 via Wi Fi. When entering the Ford updates page on web and putting in VIN 3 days later, and still I was told updates requires on both fronts.

Used the interrogator, and it gave me an .xml containing my VIN and present date. I passed to Ford Main Frame via the web page and it told me Sync up to date, and opened up the D/L 9.2Gig Maps.

I did  D/L and have been trying to run the stick over the already Wi Fi d/l with no joy. I tried this to generate a .xml to pass up.  When I had no joy I again like Chainsaw, D/l a new interrogator to a new usb. It generated a new .xml file containing my VIN and todays date stamp. I entered it on the web page and got told again Sync up to date.My Maps 9.2g still needed to be updated according to the page.

Can you or anyone confirm that if every thing is working correctly, that the WI Fi Way should generate its own equivalent to .xml to update Fords Main Frame.

I have asked this to the Ford advisors I am talking with. You would think I was speaking a foreign language.

Regards

Chris

Hi, All.

Just after my last post, a call from Ford. Confirm website problems with SYNC. It causes different problems with different VIN/ year.

It was confirmed that the WI FI way should update the Main Frame, and update the Web page accordingly. When all in the garden is rosie.

I was told the problem is under investigation, and that when fixed my page will show maps updated automatically.

Next updates proposed for the end of year, and my Sync should be ready to take anything new offered.

I will periodically check my Ford update page, as this will be a clue that the web problem  should be fixed. Any progress I will post.

Thanks to all

Chris

• Thanks 1

Been a while since I visited these forums, I recently noticed my radio had the radio station logos, the previous sync update seemed to break this, so I presume my car has recently updated automatically over wifi, looking in system version its still sync 3.4, didn't check the build number though, and also my maps say F10, and my car seems to still be downloading updates.

Chainsawcharly

Just revisited my up date screen and still the same as yours was. Will keep checking. Still states maps need updating, despite being on. Where is that ***** .xml file.😀

Chris

On 7/12/2021 at 7:38 PM, Chainsawcharlie said:

Thanks Alex, usually interrogator works but not for me with this update, tried many  times with fresh downloads no joy

On 7/17/2021 at 5:03 PM, Chainsawcharlie said:

Well, having done the update via usb for sync 3.4 and maps version 10, as you will recall I never got the log xml for map update, but did for sync 3.4.

So I enabled updates via the car method over WiFi, but of course I didn't expect it to update as it was already updated and as expected all it actually did was scan for updates repeatedly without actually giving any kind of message, but my hope was it could save me from this missing xml log file issue

I thought no more of, in the belief it just didn't work, but today I went back to the Ford sync update website, and this time after entering my VIN I got message attached  saying all updated.

So not sure if this is coincidence, or even if Ford have actually got off their But and responded to my complaints and fixed it remotely for me, but I thought I would just share this with anyone else having problems

It strikes me this whole installer is 3rd rate, and should give more information about what it is actually doing  and or has done.

Screenshot_20210717-165528_Chrome.jpg

After reading and checking and no difference on my up date page i did the following, What the hell is going on !

Went to car, turned on, settings, general, turn on auto u/dates.

Circles wirrling around for 5 mins, and then when revisit to see what was happening, an update starting 1U5T-XXXXXXXXX, sorry did not have phone to photo, was being installed.

I thought, " possibly an update from Ford to fix this mess ". It quickly d/l and installed before I had chance to screen shot.

Next thing. Software up to date 19.07.2021  0758hrs.

Did a key recycle, went in to check my up date page, no change.

Went to car again, turned to up date screen and it started to d/l 1U5T-14G21_BBH_1615430406000.TAR.GZ

This if I am correct is one of the  self extracting files associated with Maps 10, which I already have installed.

All this after 2 mins earlier stating I was up to date, after  a update seconds earlier. ???????

Any ideas

Regards

Chris

3 minutes ago, Chris179 said:

Any ideas

Sounds totally normal for the Ford update system, nothing to see here, move along now 🤣

1 hour ago, unofix said:

Sounds totally normal for the Ford update system, nothing to see here, move along now 🤣

😂😅

• 2 months later...

hey guys quick question i hope you can help with

im a tech noob and also new to ford

i have a sync 3 year 2017. i never got a complete message regarding my software 3.0 so i never got the xml file but ford seems to be happy as when i check on site it says that is now complete however tried to update my maps using the usb. Again got no complete message but it now showing F10 but i dont have any XML file and also now gracenotes whatever that is isnt showing any version number

after any advice thanks

IMG_0128.jpg

That is as up to date as you can get on that version of Sync 3. F10 is the latest map release.

1 minute ago, anon said:

That is as up to date as you can get on that version of Sync 3. F10 is the latest map release.

ok brilliant what are gracenotes and should they have a version number - 

also how do i tell ford i have done this update as it never put an xml on the usb stick

thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club