Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

9 hours ago, Nick Y said:

I don't like that my white PS4 pro is kaput. Had it just under 2 years from new and put a 2tb HDD in for more space (the same unit I used in my original PS4). 
Last summer it started suffering stutter and lag on games and menu screens so I assumed it overheated due to the heatwave we had (my flat hit 36c inside). 

Got myself a new 1tb version today (black one) so tried to back up all the game save data etc from the old one to an external HDD (2tb) and it really didn't like it. 
I think it's video gameplay captures I've made from GTA that are protected (they never used to be) so that's causing the transfer to fail. 

I was going to use the 2tb HDD in the new PS4 pro but that means I then lose over 150 capture videos (that I have yet to edit and upload to YouTube) of fun screw-ups that I or my friends have made whilst playing the game or even some game glitches where things aren't quite right. 

I guess I'll just have to edit those videos over the next few weeks and upload them so that I can then delete them from the PS4 and use the 2tb in my new PS4 pro. 

Are you sure it’s not just the drive in the old pro that’s dieing?

13 hours ago, Zico said:

**Edit** You can get £4 cashback for a free Experian account via TopCashBack - https://www.topcashback.co.uk/experian-account/

I can't see the catch here...what do they get out of giving us £4 for a free account? :unsure: 

I've just done it anyway...968 out of 999 which is Excellent apparently!! :biggrin: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I can't see the catch here...what do they get out of giving us £4 for a free account? :unsure: 

I've just done it anyway...968 out of 999 which is Excellent apparently!! :biggrin: 

Congratulations Tom - your medal is on its way.

They probably make enough off the people who accidentally sign up for a paid subscription and forget to cancel it to pay out £4.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Finance Guy said:

Congratulations Tom - your medal is on its way.

They probably make enough off the people who accidentally sign up for a paid subscription and forget to cancel it to pay out £4.

Ah, that makes sense.  You can choose to upgrade to the free trial of the 'full' package but it makes it pretty obvious that you'll be charged after the first month.  Though I guess most people checking their credit score probably aren't great with money hence the need to check! :laugh: 

Don't know why mines so good tbh, I've still never had any credit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Ah, that makes sense.  You can choose to upgrade to the free trial of the 'full' package but it makes it pretty obvious that you'll be charged after the first month.  Though I guess most people checking their credit score probably aren't great with money hence the need to check! :laugh: 

Its a bit of a myth now that no credit is bad credit. Open banking and changes in credit scoring methods mean that everyone can have a rating. Its not just about whether you've had credit, but the payment history on various things - direct debits coming from your bank etc

You will have had credit without realising it. Rent on your house is a credit agreement - borrowing someone's house for a fixed monthly rental. Even paying your council tax makes a difference to your credit file. One of the most important factors though is trace-ability. Being on the voters roll at your current address has a dramatic impact on your score. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Are you sure it’s not just the drive in the old pro that’s dieing?

Yep. The HDD is fine. The first versions of the PS4 pro (CUH-71XX) were known to have an overheat problem yet Sony did nothing to rectify it until 2 years later when they brought out the 72XX gamma chassis. 
The 2tb HDD is older than the first pro I had but worked fine in my standard PS4 is not damaged and can still be accessed. The lag/stutter even happens on games running through the cloud and not the HDD.
The reason why I couldn't transfer data is because of the GTA video captures being locked. 

Ok a weird thing,lets just say have not had credit for years and i mean years like 20+ like never had anything on interest free or HP.

All i have is my credit card linked to eBay but paid off online not even waiting for the statement.

Did a check with Experian and all confirmed email etc and it said ''were sorry but cant give you a score and could be a few reasons''

Details wrong (put all right details in so fine) but this one it could be...Not had credit for a long white so nothing to go off to give a score.

Could be that Experian have just been unable to trace you because is been a long time since a mark was on your file. Try an alternative (not experian) maybe and see if you get anywhere...?

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Sorry Tom, should have mentioned about the cancellation / full package charge. I've not used Experian for ages now but I'm pretty sure that it was very simple to stop it from charging you for any ongoing subscription.

1 hour ago, jace1969 said:

Ok a weird thing,lets just say have not had credit for years and i mean years like 20+ like never had anything on interest free or HP.

All i have is my credit card linked to eBay but paid off online not even waiting for the statement.

Did a check with Experian and all confirmed email etc and it said ''were sorry but cant give you a score and could be a few reasons''

Details wrong (put all right details in so fine) but this one it could be...Not had credit for a long white so nothing to go off to give a score.

I've just checked my Credit Karma file and it's got a soft credit check when I enquired about my car insurance in February. I've seen these multiple times before when shopping around for quotes, they don't do any harm but do show on the report. I'm not sure if Experian's report would show these soft checks but I would have thought so.

I will have to try another good one as just closed this one now and didn't do anything.

3 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Are you registered on the electoral roll for your current address?  It's one of the things they check when trying to ID you.

If you're not on the electoral roll for your current address AND don't have any recent credit history they may well be struggling to "find" your record.

I don't like that on Tuesday whilst ordering a new PS4 pro, the system accepted my card details and then crashed so no order number or reservation number was generated. 
I tried a second time and the same thing happened. 
I then checked my bank account and it had charged me twice so I called customer services. They told me that there has been issues with the verified by visa system but as no order number etc was generated, the payment should be returned within 5 days as a failed transaction so it will not show on my statement. 
I checked my bank this morning and only 1 of the 2 payments has been returned so far. 

2 hours ago, Nick Y said:

I don't like that on Tuesday whilst ordering a new PS4 pro, the system accepted my card details and then crashed so no order number or reservation number was generated. 
I tried a second time and the same thing happened. 
I then checked my bank account and it had charged me twice so I called customer services. They told me that there has been issues with the verified by visa system but as no order number etc was generated, the payment should be returned within 5 days as a failed transaction so it will not show on my statement. 
I checked my bank this morning and only 1 of the 2 payments has been returned so far. 

Probably wait a few more days then call again about the issue 👍

• Like 1

Right there are a few from the last couple of days but here goes. I'm dog, duck and chicken sitting again while my brother, father and his partner are at Crufts.

I don't like:

1) my arm looking like I've been self harming after I had been faffing around un-choking a chicken (yes you read that right :biggrin:). Damn chicken nursery cage has a warmer for the little ones to go under yet the damn cable had been pulled into the cage and was likely to choke a chicken if they got themselves into a muddle.

2) having to clean up what can only be described as a volcanic curry eruption off of the front door mat. A makeshift method of using two wide butcher knives (not quite meat cleaver but wide enough) enabled me to lift the offending material away from the mat minimising the amount squashed down. Had to use the carpet cleaner to wash the mat down afterwards but it could have been far worse.

3) spending the last half hour taking apart a fence, covered in thorns, in the dark, to get one of our damn dogs out who had wedged himself between two pieces of posts. The little ball of fluff clearly thought he was smaller than he thought. The little git then proceeded to run off into our field for 10 minutes afterwards before wanting to come back in.

4) still not hearing anything back about a job application I made on Thursday last week. The interview dates were supposed to be 10th & 11th March but on emailing a work colleague it now appears that the manager has moved the dates back a week.

5) the email subject from CarWow: Your Fiesta ST has a great alternative - the Vauxhall Astra - the sick people!!

I don't like the super-massive 3D bird ***** on my spoiler this morning :ranting::2guns:

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I don't like the super-massive 3D bird ***** on my spoiler this morning :ranting::2guns:

It wasn't a muddy one with bits of seeds in it 😖. I'd probably hose it off 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't like this confrontation I saw today just a few minutes ago after arriving home. Was on one of the sideroads and a car was in front pulling out at a T section. This corsa went past and stopped and saw the passenger looking at the guy in the car in front of me and swearing at him. The corsa passenger got out and the other car driver also and just started arguing before the corsa driver got out to calm them down. 

Trying to know what caused this. Either the corsa occupance didn't like the guy coming out the road or he might of made a hand gesture at them whilst they were passing 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I don't like this confrontation I saw today just a few minutes ago after arriving home. Was on one of the sideroads and a car was in front pulling out at a T section. This corsa went past and stopped and saw the passenger looking at the guy in the car in front of me and swearing at him. The corsa passenger got out and the other car driver also and just started arguing before the corsa driver got out to calm them down. 

Trying to know what caused this. Either the corsa occupance didn't like the guy coming out the road or he might of made a hand gesture at them whilst they were passing 

could have known him 😮

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

It wasn't a muddy one with bits of seeds in it 😖. I'd probably hose it off 

one of my pet hates 😫

I don't like that the "Things I Do Like" thread seems to be a sticky now, whereas the "Things I Don't Like" thread has to languish halfway down the page 😞

😄😄😄

• Haha 2

Happy now?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Haha 3

Bit irrelevant posting this on here and some if not all of us are  sick

(no pun intended) 

Of hearing about the COVID-19 virus,

However my real issue is the media in the republic of Ireland are not reporting on the real full extent of the spread, there are three locals in my area or neighbouring town which have been taken to quarantine last Wednesday night from the south east of the country while the news still plays it down saying its only in the west and very bottom south. 

It is of real concern to me as our son whom is now 5 has had pneumonia when he was only two weeks old, thankfully recovered but he still has a sensitive respiratory system which doctors say will pass as he gets older; he suffers from a chesty cough when subjected to a sudden change in temperature.

It is quite a concern for me and my wife; yet we should really try to cast that aside and live every day as though everything is fine. 

10 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Happy now?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Something or someone scratched my rear bumper at some point, not massive and I don’t think it was a car, but not a great start this morning!

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Turvey said:

I don't like that the "Things I Do Like" thread seems to be a sticky now, whereas the "Things I Don't Like" thread has to languish halfway down the page 😞

😄😄😄

Took me ages find it the other day...  I just ignore the sticky threads usually! :laugh: 

18 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

Something or someone scratched my rear bumper at some point, not massive and I don’t think it was a car, but not a great start this morning!

That sucks. :sad:  What sort of scratch is it, reckon it'll polish out?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club