Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

8 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Don't like getting stick drift on my Xbox X controller already.  It's only 6 months old, had hoped they'd solved this after getting through so many Xbox One controllers! :rolleyes: 

Looks like single controller warranty is only 3 months BUT covered for 12 months when part of a console set?

Take it as a sign and Choose life man, 

• Like 1

Spell check can be good but does have its problems,i have it on my laptop and on my iPhone both on,in some cases it's best to spell a word wrong and not to replace it with another, few sticky situations.

12 hours ago, BigLen said:

Take it as a sign and Choose life man, 

Can't have much life around my damn body nowadays...  😒  Xbox gets rid of half an hour each day that I'm not sure how I could fill otherwise.  

• Like 2

Starting to miss the fiesta now 😂. Loved the look of it, decent performance and economy. Loved the attention it got too. Sadly with ULEZ I had to part with it but managed to get the same money back for what I bought it for 4 years ago. Funny to see news articles saying TFL are not gaining much money from ULEZ which just goes to show they put it up as a money scheme.IMG_20210701_115431_408.thumb.jpg.6fe02d3758d26355aa1db93a8065b163.jpg

Now driving around in this. Around £30-35 to fill it up on a full tank and I've done around 168 miles which ain't bad as £30 on the fiesta lasted me around 120 miles. I'm mostly doing 2 miles to work so a petrol is worth itIMG_20211220_175740_896.thumb.jpg.e57d727daa58b43f72b1715b8b3fab68.jpg

There are two cars I'm looking at. This Porsche Cayman which looks cool or a BMW 330i convertible in this exact same spec. White with those wheels and red interior. I'm very tempted but I think it's sensible I invest my savings first before a car63204919_Screenshot_20211227-2108272.thumb.png.f9849a2e59674dcd84902b061c50f3b7.pngScreenshot_20211230-065802.thumb.png.191a533a4571c973794c56b33575c1af.png

• Like 1

If TFL aren’t making much money from the ULEZ then it’s sort of doing what is what meant to.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MarksST said:

If TFL aren’t making much money from the ULEZ then it’s sort of doing what is what meant to.

Yeah when you think about it in that way it is helping reduce pollution though one study said some places estate the borders have increased in pollution. I feel though the way it's portrayed they wanted to make money off it but because most people changed their cars they aren't really gaining much

Accidentally leaning into the alarm control panel in the hallway and triggering the house alarm and then found the code that the previous owners left us doesn't work and couldn't switch the damn thing off.....................

Had to find out the alarm guys number and explain how n why its happened and thankfully the keyfobs that we had put in the safe upstairs worked.

He's now booked in to come and service it as it's got 3 amber warning lights on 🙄

• Haha 1

Not really a don't like, more a don't understand!  Does anyone know about private plates?  When looking for a 6 digit plate (A11 AAA) on the main DVLA site, not many numbers are listed higher up the range.  After 30 you generally only get doubles like 44, 55, etc.  There are a few exceptions.  I'm sure all the numbers were used when those plates were the standard at the time, so is there any reason for such a limited range now?

13 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Not really a don't like, more a don't understand!  Does anyone know about private plates?  When looking for a 6 digit plate (A11 AAA) on the main DVLA site, not many numbers are listed higher up the range.  After 30 you generally only get doubles like 44, 55, etc.  There are a few exceptions.  I'm sure all the numbers were used when those plates were the standard at the time, so is there any reason for such a limited range now?

Tom, my understanding is that 'private' companies immediately buy up huge blocks of numbers on release. (elite, paltesforcars, etc). May be worth searching some of their sites for something suitable. Personally, I have had the same plate since 1984 and have transferred it onto every car I've had since.

Indeed, it literally found an old friend some years ago where he recognised my 'plate' but not the car, and left a note on the windscreen where we subsequently got back in touch! Who needs facebook LOL

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Indeed, it literally found an old friend some years ago where he recognised my 'plate' but not the car, and left a note on the windscreen where we subsequently got back in touch! Who needs facebook LOL

That is part of the reason we got rid of our private plate on our previous Focus......

We went to view a house and as soon as we got through the door the young daughter pointed out that she knew where we lived all down to the fact that she sees it everyday going to school on the bus as we lived on a main road at the time.

So we left it on the car when we part exd it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Tom, my understanding is that 'private' companies immediately buy up huge blocks of numbers on release. (elite, paltesforcars, etc). May be worth searching some of their sites for something suitable. Personally, I have had the same plate since 1984 and have transferred it onto every car I've had since.

Just checked a few of the private sites and the same numbers seem to be missing.  I guess it's possible that the lower numbers were held back from normal cars, and the 'normal' numbers from scrapped cars haven't made it back onto the system yet...if they ever do?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

'normal' numbers from scrapped cars haven't made it back onto the system yet...if they ever do?

So far in the history of UK number plates (or licence plates if you prefer) the DVLA have never re-issued any plate from a vehicle that has been scrapped. There is a kind of exception to that, if your car with your private reg on it was written off for some reason then you can apply to the DVLA to 'recover' the registration. They may well send their own inspector to check. Also if your car is stolen and not recovered you can apply to get your registration number back, but they will make you wait for 12 months from the date the vehicle was reported stolen.

Of course the rules and regulations get changed all the time so it's possible at some point they may start to make registrations from vehicles that have been scrapped available, but not at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last time I came to gran canaria, the Iceland volcano erupted and aircraft were grounded, we had to stay here an extra week until we could get home. 

This time there's a calima event just about to start . Basically a dust storm from the Sahara with high winds. Already informed of unhealthy air quality in the next few hours onwards. Expected to last a few days. Has been known for airport to close due to low visibility. I'd be more concerned with all that dust getting in the aircraft engines. 

But the upside of COVID rules here we got plenty of disposable masks to use😂😂😂😂😂 

Before and now. 

IMG-20220111-WA0000.jpeg

IMG_20220114_160932720_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 11:36 AM, Wino said:

That is part of the reason we got rid of our private plate on our previous Focus......

We went to view a house and as soon as we got through the door the young daughter pointed out that she knew where we lived all down to the fact that she sees it everyday going to school on the bus as we lived on a main road at the time.

So we left it on the car when we part exd it.

When I went to view a car local to me to flip, the guy recognised my plate and that remembered it was on my fiesta I used to drive. Made my day that 😁

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

When I went to view a car local to me to flip, the guy recognised my plate and that remembered it was on my fiesta I used to drive. Made my day that 😁

I know that feeling, last year at a supermarket car park, a guy asked me if I use to own an XR3i with a Kat bodykit - of course I did, 35 years ago! LOL Made my day too!

• Like 2

Odd question, but does anyone know how much each tyre disposal costs garages in the UK atm?  I know the price shot up last year.

Generally £1.50 per tyre at the likes of Kwik Fit

Don't like finding that the Supermarkets are now ripping us off even further by only providing 6, yes only 6 instead of the usual 8 in each of there packs of Cumberlands and Lincolnshire sausages :angry:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wino said:

by only providing 6, yes only 6 instead of the usual 8

It's because of Brexit. We have gone back to using "half a dozen" 🤣

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, unofix said:

It's because of Brexit. We have gone back to using "half a dozen" 🤣

No idea tbh, I never noticed in the Supermarket  just picked up both packs of Sausages and thought no more of it until 10 mins ago. 

Now there's no spare Sausages for the 4 legged furry one. I can't mention the word "sausages" as I don't fancy wrestling with a 36kg Boxer 😄

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, unofix said:

Generally £1.50 per tyre at the likes of Kwik Fit

Is that a recent price?  Was more than that in 2018 when I had tyre changed for cash in hand.  Been stuck with the punctured tyre ever since.  Might ask the garage to dispose of it when the MOT is done but want to know roughly how much I should be charged.  

£1.50 - That was November 2021 when my daughter got a tyre replaced on the Ecosport.

Free at our local council tip for up to 4 tyres

• Like 1

I don't like feeling kinda sorry for myself today in a totally selfish way!

Firstly I learnt of the death of one of my musical heroes who has helped me through good times and bad since I discovered his album Bat Out Of Hell, I was even privileged to see him in concert in 1988. I'm sure you're all fed up of hearing the tributes to Meat Loaf today but his music was a huge part of a lot of folks lives, mine included. 

Secondly I stood by the roadside as a hearse carrying the coffin of a pal from schooldays went by on his final journey. Keith was 6 months younger than me and diagnosed with liver cancer about a year ago. 

My feeling of grief will be nothing compared to the families of these two gentlemen. 

Times like this I start pondering my own mortality and hope that I have a wee bit more time to enjoy before I shuffle off this mortal coil. 

So tonight I've raised a glass or two to two absolute gentlemen who were a big part of my youth and beyond. 

Keith and Meat, keep on rocking! 🍻

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I don't like feeling kinda sorry for myself today in a totally selfish way!

Firstly I learnt of the death of one of my musical heroes who has helped me through good times and bad since I discovered his album Bat Out Of Hell, I was even privileged to see him in concert in 1988. I'm sure you're all fed up of hearing the tributes to Meat Loaf today but his music was a huge part of a lot of folks lives, mine included. 

Secondly I stood by the roadside as a hearse carrying the coffin of a pal from schooldays went by on his final journey. Keith was 6 months younger than me and diagnosed with liver cancer about a year ago. 

My feeling of grief will be nothing compared to the families of these two gentlemen. 

Times like this I start pondering my own mortality and hope that I have a wee bit more time to enjoy before I shuffle off this mortal coil. 

So tonight I've raised a glass or two to two absolute gentlemen who were a big part of my youth and beyond. 

Keith and Meat, keep on rocking! 🍻

I've done the roadside coffin passing with a school friend and thought of our mortality too. 

Suprised me investigating the school mates I had at school in my year class who I lost contact with, finding out how many who were no longer with us. Was a shock concidering I'm only 57. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club