Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Thanks @unofix

I was pushing the wrong part, didn't even see the side tabs, so will have another go with screwdrivers tomorrow. :smile:

• Like 2

On 3/18/2023 at 9:41 PM, alexp999 said:

Accounts get set up by real people and post a few things to bypass filters and restrictions on new accounts then later a bot will use the account to spam. Hard to stop without affecting genuine members. 

We do not allow editing after a certain period of time, i believe its after a few hours editing gets locked. Where they try and do it is the "About Me" or "Signature" 

Its pointless because we use the "no Follow" linking method so they will get nothing SEO from it.

It's a daily struggle to keep them off, we remove many attempts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well something is going on as I've had to re log into the forum today and my pic and other details have been removed.

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Wino said:

Well something is going on as I've had to re log into the forum today and my pic and other details have been removed.

Your right, something is going on. my pic has changed 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, iantt said:

You should probably cover up your webcam. 

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, iantt said:

Twice in two days !!

I always admire those brave enough to post a picture of themselves 🤣

• Haha 3

Don't like receiving an e-mail from the Lego Store to say my loyalty points will expire soon.

Looks like I can either redeem the points by buying something.  Or stop the points from expiring by buying something.  Hmm... 

Haven't got the space for any more sets currently, but still hoping to move to a larger property at some point, so would like to keep the points until then.  Tried to buy the cheapest item on the website (brick separator) for £2 but that incurs a £4 delivery charge!  

Just wondering if anyone has any smart ideas around this?  Possibly something I could buy digitally without a delivery charge?  Obviously they don't make anything like that easy to find lol!

23 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Just wondering if anyone has any smart ideas around this? ..

Does it allow the purchase of a gift voucher?

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

still hoping to move to a larger property

I didn't realise you were building it yourself out of Lego. You must have a crazy amount of points 🤣

• Haha 3

Tom trying for planning permission for this. 

isla_fullxfull.36377317_4l9l23xb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

But may end up with this. 🤣🤣🤣

FBGK6SJJ0IEFYL0.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Does it allow the purchase of a gift voucher?

Good idea.  Not something I'd thought of!  But no. :sad: 

There are a few exceptions to earning and spending VIP points:

• You can’t earn or redeem points when you buy LEGO Gift Cards. You’ll earn points when you pay with them, though.
  • Sad 1

Don't like spending most ov today faffing around in the loft ( not boarded) trying to get two TV ariels to get a good signal despite being plugged into an amp all because the damn 🐦 keep pooping on the cars from the external ariel. 

It's looking like our existing ariel needs to have a curved upright support instead ov the current straight one to get the ariel to sit over the roof instead ov overhanging the side of the house and onto the driveway 😬

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wino said:

Don't like spending most ov today faffing around in the loft ( not boarded) trying to get two TV ariels to get a good signal despite being plugged into an amp all because the damn 🐦 keep pooping on the cars from the external ariel. 

It's looking like our existing ariel needs to have a curved upright support instead ov the current straight one to get the ariel to sit over the roof instead ov overhanging the side of the house and onto the driveway 😬

You need a vicious guard dog on the lookout for birds. She soon  frightens the birds away , never had so few birds in the garden or on our outside aerial. 

16800272255056737751542921758800.jpg

17 minutes ago, iantt said:

You need a vicious guard dog on the lookout for birds.

dog shmog - what you need is a cat, who will not only scare the birds away, but any of them stupid enough to stay, will end up on the back door step as a gift! LOL

570349744_shadycat.thumb.jpg.1995aa0d824570741291bb13bc067077.jpg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Wino said:

i posted up a while back out getting a brand new ariel fitted for free due to poor signal, might be worth a try.

dog shmog - what you need is a cat, who will not only scare the birds away, but any of them stupid enough to stay, will end up on the back door step as a gift! LOL

Our dog can catch birds too. Remember the pigeon incident in our living room? 

IMG-20221129-WA0000.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

You need a vicious guard dog on the lookout for birds. She soon  frightens the birds away , never had so few birds in the garden or on our outside aerial. 

16800272255056737751542921758800.jpg

36 minutes ago, Jimpster said:

i posted up a while back out getting a brand new ariel fitted for free due to poor signal, might be worth a try.

37 minutes ago, Jimpster said:

We did two lovely Boxers up till 18 months ago but sadly lost both of them due to old age ( 11 and 12)  and today is the first anniversary Poppy ☹

Cat wise  we currently have the Daughter's cat staying with us for the time being but it's about as much use as a chocolate fireguard as it rarely ventures outside.

The existing Ariel is fine, it's just the location of it  cant believe that the previous owners put up with it unless he had a stronger passion for washing cars than I have 🤣

image1.thumb.png.2b1c1a4df906858436911c4dae5c88ab.png

• 2 weeks later...

Why does everyone wait until the last day of an eBay auction to ask questions?  6 days - nothing.  Last 24 hours, 6 different people!

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Why does everyone wait until the last day of an eBay auction to ask questions?  6 days - nothing.  Last 24 hours, 6 different people!

I won something at the weekend, I submitted my bid with less than 10 seconds to go, and snapped a bargain! It's the way of the world, I use to do my 'homework' on the bus into school, I haven't changed LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, StephenFord said:

I won something at the weekend, I submitted my bid with less than 10 seconds to go, and snapped a bargain! It's the way of the world, I use to do my 'homework' on the bus into school, I haven't changed LOL

Not the way of my world.  Everything has to meticulously planned in advance! :laugh: 

Last minute bidding is fine, that's the fun of the auction.  But if you want to ask questions needing a lengthy reply or extra pictures, the seller really needs to be given more time for that lol.

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

Not the way of my world.  Everything has to meticulously planned in advance! :laugh: 

Yep, but I'm lazy, you're obviously not! LOL

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

But if you want to ask questions needing a lengthy reply or extra pictures, the seller really needs to be given more time for that lol.

I agree, I do a bit of eBay selling myself (joined it 23 years ago!), if I get a question 'too late', I just ignore it, their bad for waiting! 

• Like 1

Yodel

Does it need elaborating? Just wasted 1.5 hrs waiting after work (it was sent to my work address) for a yodel delivery as the time slot was 16:34 to 18:34. Was tracking the van right up to our industrial estate with 5 stops to go. Then I get an email saying I wasn’t in. They hadn’t even attempted, just couldn’t be bothered and lied on their machine. 🤬

• Sad 4

🤣🤣🤣 I just got BANNED from Talkford for posting spam 🤣🤣🤣

Just signed up and made only one post regarding a Mondeo using E10 petrol and immediately had my account banned !!!!

Oh well their loss, I'll certainly not loose any sleep over it 😀

Serves me right I suppose for venturing over to the dark side.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club