Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I used to be something like 6'3" (or 4") and 80kg's, now I'm 6'5" and 105kg's plus or minus a few as I fluctuate... Room for more to pack on though...

I do like a quick oven pizza for tea with a couple of glasses of red wine.  I also like looking forward to picking up my car next week and the irritation it will cause the neighbours (who have a large driveway but park their work vans on the road blocking us from parking outside our house...).  With two cars outside, it will be hard for them to catch an opportunity to "block" our space.

• Like 2

The Natwest my rewards.  I had it last year for 3 months(because I was on platinum account) now for an extra £12 a year I could earn/make £110 out of the bank and that's before I go to any of the retailers.

But only if you move from Select Platinum to Rewards Platinum.

I was told the transfer is £2 a month extra - £18 a month to hold an account.

I do like getting down and dirty in a field with a cute girl ;)

Not like that (unfortunately lol)

I was an idiot and didn't listen when I was told "don't go up there, you'll get stuck!"

I got stuck in the mud :D

Eventually we gave up trying to get the car out and she rang a mate who came down and pulled me out!

Dunno if I should admit this...but it was Vauxhall Vectra that rescued me...

I'm such an idiot!! :lol:

• Like 4

But only if you move from Select Platinum to Rewards Platinum.

I was told the transfer is £2 a month extra - £18 a month to hold an account.

I too have a nat west platinum account...but I'm happy as it is.16 dollars a month for an account is plenty enough...the highlight of it is the full breakdown cover with relay under green flag...the last premium I paid out to the AA(2013) was about £125 but before that with RAC about £140 yearly..

So I'm happy with that..

Aye, the recovery cover is worth the fees but still debating whether £24 more a year will be recouped through the rewards.

Need to review what I've earned over the previous year.

If I earn less rewards than the increase then they can poke off.

• Like 1

Aye, the recovery cover is worth the fees but still debating whether £24 more a year will be recouped through the rewards.

Need to review what I've earned over the previous year.

If I earn less rewards than the increase then they can poke off.

And you should get recovery with your st from ford.

Wife an I opened up a joint account with natwest last month... Just a standard savers account which we are using to store our honeymoon fund. Need to look at the benefits of their other accounts, credit cards etc. Although currently we want full access to that money so we can vamoose when we want too!

It all works out for me, I weighed it all up.  I was on a platinum account anyway @ £16 pound a month but now(if it gets accepted) I'll be on a REward platinum which is £18 a month.  The handy thing is, online Natwest have a rewards calculator, so you can guesstimate what you'll earn direct debit wise.  As for the benefits of the account, I'll probably use the phone insurance, breakdown and travel insurance.  Which when you go and shop around £16 a month is a steal, my phone insurance when I was on contract was £13 a month. So that leaves the breakdown and Travel insurance to cost less than £24 a year.  

• Like 1

I do like red wine.  The best medication to recover from a week spent with idiots.

• Like 1

Rescued by a Vauxhall...you should have just left it there till the mud dried up a bit lol

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

11 hours ago, SeanW said:

I do like getting down and dirty in a field with a cute girl ;)

Ooh! :wink:

11 hours ago, SeanW said:

Not like that (unfortunately lol)

Oh... :sad:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeebowhite said:

Rescued by a Vauxhall...you should have just left it there till the mud dried up a bit lol

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I kinda needed it to get home lol

Car was yon side of Scunthorpe at the time :P

• Like 1

1. It's the weekend!

2. Grandma is on the mend after breaking her hip on Tuesday, she's through the worst now hopefully!

3. Mums car is back together and working well.

Dad's new car is at the stealers ready for March and we are going to view it next Saturday.

So I'm rather pleased. :D

• Like 2

1. It's the weekend!

2. Grandma is on the mend after breaking her hip on Tuesday, she's through the worst now hopefully!

3. Mums car is back together and working well.

Dad's new car is at the stealers ready for March and we are going to view it next Saturday.

So I'm rather pleased. :D

Ermm... If it's at the dealers, why the wait until March?

There's no need for it yet so might as well have it on the new plate.

On 22/01/2016 at 9:38 PM, SeanW said:

I kinda needed it to get home lol

Car was yon side of Scunthorpe at the time :P

Well, Vauxhalls can have certain uses I suppose...

At the very least, it would have been outweighed by the experience of being stuck with an attractive female :laugh:

• Like 1

Not trying to argue, it's his choice, but don't 16 plates kick in in like Jan?

What car is it? Please don't tell me it's another Chelsea tractor, otherwise I'll challenge your dad to roshambo! And I go first!!!

1 hour ago, chrisroberson99 said:

If I had the money, I'd do the same. 

Sadly, I likely never will - but I don't feel so bad about it...

As the saying goes: When the Last Tree Is Cut Down, the Last Fish Eaten, and the Last Stream Poisoned, You Will Realize That You Cannot Eat Money.

I will be happy if I can live a comfortable life and retire in a place I love with enough funds to support my final days. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

If I had the money, I'd do the same. 

Sadly, I likely never will - but I don't feel so bad about it...

As the saying goes: When the Last Tree Is Cut Down, the Last Fish Eaten, and the Last Stream Poisoned, You Will Realize That You Cannot Eat Money.

I will be happy if I can live a comfortable life and retire in a place I love with enough funds to support my final days. 

That's all I want lol.  As much as  I want my own farm, kids to have everything they want + be able to send them to private school, at the same time.  I'd be happy with financial security as apposed to being filthy rich.  As technically I'm already the richest man in the world.  I have a secure job, that I'm very good at, a loving fiance(soon to be wife) 2 kids that know who I am, a roof above my head & food in the cupboards

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Ianb said:

Not trying to argue, it's his choice, but don't 16 plates kick in in like Jan?

What car is it? Please don't tell me it's another Chelsea tractor, otherwise I'll challenge your dad to roshambo! And I go first!!!

1st March but we will pick it up on the 5th. And yes it's a Range Rover Sport Autobiography. He has a Land Rover Defender as well though that's muddy, so does that help? :laugh:

We looked a Tesla Model S but the interior quality was shocking for an £80k car. So will be sticking with diseasel for now...

3 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

That's all I want lol.  As much as  I want my own farm, kids to have everything they want + be able to send them to private school, at the same time.  I'd be happy with financial security as apposed to being filthy rich.  As technically I'm already the richest man in the world.  I have a secure job, that I'm very good at, a loving fiance(soon to be wife) 2 kids that know who I am, a roof above my head & food in the cupboards

You are a very lucky man Matt, do not waste a second of it.

Believe it or not, I'd kill to be in your situation.  As much as it is of my own doing, a life of solitude is not one I'd recommend.  But, it is a life I have chosen and one I will continue hereinafter.  If I can make it bearable and financially feasible, that'll do me. 

• Like 3

I'm sure you'll make it, after all you're only 20, got loads of time yet! 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club