Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I do like fitting a new clutch cable to the GTi6 this morning...nice and smooooth again. :biggrin:  For about a month anyway, it runs by the exhaust on the 306 so they dry out quickly lol.

I also like that it was free delivery and arrived just 36 hours after ordering!  Not so keen on the snow this morning though lol.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I do like fitting a new clutch cable to the GTi6 this morning...nice and smooooth again. :biggrin:  For about a month anyway, it runs by the exhaust on the 306 so they dry out quickly lol.

I also like that it was free delivery and arrived just 36 hours after ordering!  Not so keen on the snow this morning though lol.

Could you wrap anything around it to make it last longer?  I wanted snow!!!!

Bit long winded but it's a multiple like & they relate to each other.  First 1.  People at companies CAN actually be helpful, rang Samsung support & Natwest phone insurance & the people were polite etc.  2.  Broke my phone, ordered a S7 & just got that, absolutely love it lol.  3.  I've managed to get the IMEI number off EE for my broken S6, so now hopefully as this is actually my phone & not the wives, then the insurance claim will be accepted & the wive will get my old phone.  I did try to do my S6 online but because I'd claimed for Cheryls phone it wouldn't let me add or remove a phone, so had to ring them up & so they have deleted that claim as it was unsuccessful.  The reason I'm claiming is because the screen doesn't work anymore but the phone still works(notifications & rings) Samsung warranty is void as the back is cracked(which is why I rang them as my suspicions were confirmed) so the bloke advised me we(Samsung) can fix it, or if you've got phone insurance I'd go for that personally.  Feeling quite happy at the moment

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Preecematt said:

Could you wrap anything around it to make it last longer?  I wanted snow!!!!

It's covered in heat reflective sheathing but doesn't really help much lol.

I do like finally doing what I wanted to do 3 years ago...

But, you know what they say - "good things come to those who wait".

2016-04-27.png

As a side note, I'd definitely recommend any learner drivers wanting to get experience to check out Admiral, as they do 30, 60 and 90 day policies which are reasonably priced and don't tie you into a 12 month contract like a traditional insurance policy.

• Like 1

Just don't have an accident (or have a truck hit you!) Admiral have **** garages they recommend that cause more harm than good!

2 hours ago, Ianb said:

Just don't have an accident (or have a truck hit you!) Admiral have **** garages they recommend that cause more harm than good!

Yes, I'll be avoiding that!  Even the best garage would struggle to find the parts to repair any serious damage to the 405 though.

Hmm that's true Jamie. I was so infuriated with the garage on mine. The initial damage from the truck was actually only superficial, cracked numberplate, bit of paint and a dented bonnet...

Came back from the garage with lacquer peel on the rear bumper,... they claimed not to have touched the rear bumper... a claim I disputed as the car went in dirty and came out clean....

Needless to say, it was all assumed that it was nothing to do with the garage and I was left with the problem to deal with. Told Admiral they screwed me over, was told by the guy on the phone that it's an 'old car anyway'... (late 2007, yes it's not new, but it's got some life in it yet!). Not with Admiral anymore. They were brilliant in the whole insurance side of things, such as taking my cash and providing cover... however when it came to needing them, it left a bitter taste.

However, I can only assume this is more or less the same with most if not all insurance companies of all varieties...

I do like finally driving my 405!!  Since I was 8 years old I wanted a 405 but until now I only wanted one because they were somewhat rare and beautiful looking cars, I had no idea how they performed or handled...  But now I do, I love the car 10x more!! 

Initially it felt a bit "strangled", but after giving the engine a bit of a clear out (30-60 in 3rd gear, full throttle) the throttle response and pulling power has increased a lot.  With the previous owner it sat unused for long periods of time and my mother isn't exactly the most energetic driver (gear changes before 3,000RPM and a quarter throttle at most), so it isn't surprising that the old IDI was in need of a "reawakening".

Anyway, my confidence has increased significantly having done over 200 miles and driving through Aberdeen during rush hour (plus country roads, small towns, villages and back roads), so the roundabouts that I was nervous about before are now no problem at all.  Of course I still need to perfect aspects of my driving, and get up to scratch for the test, but at least now my anxiety is no longer an issue.  I can focus solely on learning the skills with my instructor and perfecting them in my car. 

I also pulled over and got some pictures of the Scottish countryside, which I also like...

WP_20160427_18_10_55_Pro.jpgWP_20160427_18_10_59_Pro.jpg

Yes, the sunroof is taped shut as the brackets have been removed and it rattles at high speeds!WP_20160427_18_11_03_Pro.jpgWP_20160427_18_11_17_Pro.jpgWP_20160427_19_11_50_Pro.jpg

Finally behind the wheel of my very own Peugeot 405 - lets just pray that it goes through the MOT next month!! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, hywelkidd said:

59a291a567b2a3b6f4bc105ae2d9a9bc.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Very nice!  Is that a Kia?

59a291a567b2a3b6f4bc105ae2d9a9bc.jpg

No that's the Hyundai tank I had to drive while my Focus was being repaired after an accident.

2 hours ago, hywelkidd said:

No that's the Hyundai tank I had to drive while my Focus was being repaired after an accident.

Oh I see!  I thought it was the Hyundai (or as I thought, Kia) that you were referencing in regards to "things I do like", but obviously it was the Focus!!

1 minute ago, iantt said:

Low mileage for its age. 55k.

What is?

Indeed it was the Focus that I was referring to as the thing I like. Very happy to have it back. Also very happy to be rid of the Hyundai. I put just over 900 miles on it during my time with it and I can honestly say that if I had that sort of money for a new car, I certainly wouldn't buy a car of that size!

I do like removing the seagull's "art-work" from the car and now relaxing this evening with a glass of red and trying not to think about tomorrow (back to hell after a couple of days off).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like removing the seagull's "art-work" from the car and now relaxing this evening with a glass of red and trying not to think about tomorrow (back to hell after a couple of days off).

I had a monumental !Removed! on the car this morning, it was enormous, must of come from a fair height + a fair amount of birds.  I like sitting in total darkness with a glass of milk & some cookies.  Because going to bed to get up for work is so last century

Nice car, knock £500 off and its a good price.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Preecematt said:

I had a monumental !Removed! on the car this morning, it was enormous, must of come from a fair height + a fair amount of birds.  I like sitting in total darkness with a glass of milk & some cookies.  Because going to bed to get up for work is so last century

I do think that they do it deliberately, as I rarely get just one "spot", but rather two or three at once.

1 hour ago, iantt said:

Nice car, knock £500 off and its a good price.

Cheers, I was thinking that too. Low mileage is a bonus, and very nearly a 14 plate (registered 25th Feb)

Only thing concerning me is that it's not from a main Fraud dealer, but does it matter too much? 

not with that mileage and age, still have ford warranty left.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club