Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync3 update to version 3.4

Tezza

I’m about to apply this update to my 2016 ST which I upgraded from Sync 2 to Sync 3.0 recently. 

Can anyone tell me if I’ll lose the ST Ford Performance boot screen if I go ahead and update?

Thanks in advance 🙂

On 2/22/2020 at 2:57 PM, vibeone said:

It’s the original cyanlabs guide - 19101 I think? And the dab file is AE.  I did mess around a lot and upgraded to 3.4 before upgrading the firmware via FORScan beta.

To me as a techy, it’s like the version of software I have doesn’t support a certain image type.  But that doesn’t make much sense since it’s the same download.

im happy to faff I just wondered if anyone had a view purely because it takes so long to install each time!

I might run though the new (bit by bit) cyan guide later?

You could always try different builds to you find one that works. Then install the nav. 

15 hours ago, colinmcg71 said:

I’m about to apply this update to my 2016 ST which I upgraded from Sync 2 to Sync 3.0 recently. 

Can anyone tell me if I’ll lose the ST Ford Performance boot screen if I go ahead and update?

Thanks in advance 🙂

I didnt loose it on mine.

Matt

19 hours ago, colinmcg71 said:

Thanks in advance 🙂

i gained the RS Ford Performance one 🙂

You can pick which you want via forscan.

• Like 1

Successfully updated to 3.4_19101 using the cyanlabs guide and files. Still have the ST Ford Performace splash screen. Thanks for your help @matt77303 & @vibeone

All I have to do now is get a decent obd cable and disable the climate control tab with FORScan.

• Like 3

Nothing about this is 100% safe but turning off climate options is pretty easy with forscan.  It’s not upgrading the firmware levels of crazy put it that way - plus it’s quick to set

13 hours ago, vibeone said:

Nothing about this is 100% safe but turning off climate options is pretty easy with forscan.  It’s not upgrading the firmware levels of crazy put it that way - plus it’s quick to set

Cheers Mark. I'm only going to turn the climate options off so should be safe enough. I'm getting my obd cable later today and have got an extended licence for forscan, just have to work out which value(s) to change.

I might look into updating the APIM firmware for radio station logos and calm screen later on.

If anything major does go wrong I can always refit my old Sync2 stuff.

I’m up and running with FORScan now. Here’s how my APIM is configured with climate on the screen.

Could anyone tell me what to disable/change to remove climate control.

Cheers 🙂

21C0E7A8-53F4-41FA-B555-792DE5077485.jpeg

C03E1C2F-A693-4369-9D63-B14C6F93EEE7.jpeg

According to all other code sources yours is already disabled?

0fcbb1e033415cd61021ef2aa5a1c6e7.jpg

bca5e6f24fc8bb52ca6ec665e8a31be7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hmm, that's strange. I wonder why it still shows up on the screen. I could try changing it to 3 as I have heated seats then set it back to 0 and see if that works.

• Like 1

Changed that value to 3 and the heated seat buttons appeard under 'connect a phone' on the main screen. Changed back to 0 and they're gone again. Unfortunately still have the climate button on the bottom of the screen.

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

i updated successfully to 3.4 but now would like to enable the Radio DAB logo.

i would be so grateful if someone you show me the correct APIM settings with ForScan ?

Thanks

Walter

1 hour ago, Diamondtrons said:

Hi everyone,

i updated successfully to 3.4 but now would like to enable the Radio DAB logo.

i would be so grateful if someone you show me the correct APIM settings with ForScan ?

Thanks

Walter

I didnt have to on mine i just selected it on the radio settings. Radio text, epg, station logos. Its amongst that. 

8 hours ago, Tommo17 said:

You have climate icons enabled. Turn them off

Gave that a try and the climate tab is still there. I’m at a loss now.

On 10/12/2019 at 8:37 PM, Luke_Anderson said:

I’ve made some progress! 

got rid of the climate and enabled radio station icons. 

however I’m still having the issues with the voice control, and I used the 4u5t voice file so don’t think that’s the issue. I’m on 19101 for some reason though and not 19200 

also the installation in progress still popping up when I start? 

3642014D-2114-4F1E-89B8-D074D8C04C29.jpeg

Hi Luke, could you tell me what value(s) you changed to get rid of climate, I can't seem to shift mine.

Cheers

Col

2 hours ago, colinmcg71 said:

Gave that a try and the climate tab is still there. I’m at a loss now.

I did that and mine went. Sure luke struggled to get his off first time around 

Finally cracked it. With some help from a user on the FORScan forums I changed the line 7D0-04-01 from 0100 0001 00DE to 0100 0081 005F and the on screen climate repeater is gone 😄

8257AAED-C02B-4B42-8A8E-6D627592ECB6.jpeg

On 10/14/2019 at 9:05 PM, Luke_Anderson said:

UPDATE! 

Right so I have updated the apim firmware. I asked the guys at Forscan for a copy of the 2.4.0 beta which has module firmware updating in it and they kindly sent me a link and it works really well! 

So i now have 19200 with logos and calm screen. Happy days. 

However, im still getting the Installation in progress warning everytime i start the car. 

@Phil21185 @Tezza

are you guys getting this error with just 19200 or with 19101 as well? 

luke how did you update, did you let forscan pick the files or custom? its saying i have a calibration file update but nothing else so wont update. ive just went to the latest build and lost 99% of my logos on th AD file they dont show unless on the home screen even then its only 2 that show. no radio 1 or 2 logos for instance. can you install the dab file on its own or is it a start again job?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club