Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

So I've updated the DAB logos, and on the home screen ( 3 boxes with sat nav, audio and phone) shows the logos, but when you click on the audio part which opens up audio in full screen, no logos show. Is this correct? There is just a big DAB symbol where the logo should go. The logos on FM appear in that place. 

Hi Andrew, as normal it's a Ford glitch with Sync3, but it can be fixed: Posted by Colinmcg71

Hi @unofix

I have found that some toggles within Radio Settings affect logos and radio text.

I have Radio Logos enabled (obviously 😅), Radio Rext enabled, EPG disabled and Slideshow disabled.

With these settings I still have a few missing but all stations that have logos have both audio screen and home screen logos.

If I enable either or both of EPG & Slideshow the logo and radio text disappear from the audio screen and only the logo remains on the home screen.

30 minutes ago, unofix said:

Hi Andrew, as normal it's a Ford glitch with Sync3, but it can be fixed: Posted by Colinmcg71

Hi @unofix

I have found that some toggles within Radio Settings affect logos and radio text.

I have Radio Logos enabled (obviously 😅), Radio Rext enabled, EPG disabled and Slideshow disabled.

With these settings I still have a few missing but all stations that have logos have both audio screen and home screen logos.

If I enable either or both of EPG & Slideshow the logo and radio text disappear from the audio screen and only the logo remains on the home screen.

Thanks, I will try that tomorrow.

14 hours ago, unofix said:

Hi @unofix

Thanks, this did work. What does the slideshow option actually do?

27 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

Thanks, this did work. What does the slideshow option actually do?

Nothing for me. It allows broadcasters to add pictures and advertising on screen but it seems very few if any UK stations actually use it.

• Like 2

Go to page 37 on this thread....the info on how to get the logos back is there..👍

Almost managed to download the F9 maps (21Gb) started it yesterday at 1600hrs and it's got 16 minutes left to go.

Nearly 24hrs to download 🤣

• Haha 1

After the new sync update it offered me maps update at around 8gb. But when trying to install it throws up this error. What do you do?

20210429_134243.jpg

Since the update my nav                                  igati               on                   stutt     ers like hell.

Via voice control I asked it to play Album Heart

Please pick

1) Pirates

2) Wild west

I've found each update makes my sync system worse than before.

30 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

After the new sync update it offered me maps update at around 8gb. But when trying to install it throws up this error. What do you do?

20210429_134243.jpg

MEM_ERR01 means that there isn't enough space to copy the update files to the system. You could run the Ford Sync log generator and open the xml file (it will open in Internet Explorer). That will let you see how much free space is left. This is how mine looks after the latest update.

671182064_Screenshot(29).thumb.png.f95ae801c094d040263ed4d8bb64ff65.png

The total free space and total storage are on the bottom line.

Unfortunately there's no easy way to fix it. It's really only Ford dealer (or CyanLabs).

5 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

MEM_ERR01 means that there isn't enough space to copy the update files to the system. You could run the Ford Sync log generator and open the xml file (it will open in Internet Explorer). That will let you see how much free space is left. This is how mine looks after the latest update.

Unfortunately there's no easy way to fix it. It's really only Ford dealer (or CyanLabs).

Do you think that because I downloaded the F9 map updates over WiFi that I have all the updates available and this is being offered in error? Another thing, how can I ever do more updates if there is no space?

I’ve seen the word error in a lot of posts about this 8gb update. For months.  I’ve been offered it on the ford website but auto updates in the car isn’t finding anything. Saw on another ford forum somebody saying it’s on the website in error. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, shawty1984 said:

Do you think that because I downloaded the F9 map updates over WiFi that I have all the updates available and this is being offered in error? Another thing, how can I ever do more updates if there is no space?

The updates over WiFi are limited to map and voice packages for Northern Europe and UK to keep size down.

The Map update from the Ford website is the whole EU map and voice package.

The 8GB update you are being offered will be the remaining Central, Southern and Eastern EU packages that aren’t available over WiFi.

You're right about future updates being a problem because of that lack of space.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

I’ve seen the word error in a lot of posts about this 8gb update. For months.  I’ve been offered it on the ford website but auto updates in the car isn’t finding anything. Saw on another ford forum somebody saying it’s on the website in error. 🤷‍♂️

If I was you I would download the latest update and mapc (F10) from Cyanlabs , easy to do .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

The updates over WiFi are limited to map and voice packages for Northern Europe and UK to keep size down.

The Map update from the Ford website is the whole EU map and voice package.

The 8GB update you are being offered will be the remaining Central, Southern and Eastern EU packages that aren’t available over WiFi.

You're right about future updates being a problem because of that lack of space.

So how are you supposed to receive future updates?

2 hours ago, colinmcg71 said:

So if I'm reading this correct, you have 11GB of free space of 54GB originally? 

Mine is showing 12g and 54g. 

So why is it not allowing an 8.2GB update. Just to note here about the update, I'm going to try it again, so I'm downloading the 8.2GB update again but it says it's only 7.5GB. Is that correct? 

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

Not seen the 8GB update as of yet but like you say were not getting any updates via the car at all it just keeps " Searching" seems worse than windows updates 🤣

36 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

So why is it not allowing an 8.2GB update. Just to note here about the update, I'm going to try it again, so I'm downloading the 8.2GB update again but it says it's only 7.5GB. Is that correct? 

Yes, that’s right. Mine has 11GB free of 54GB. If you have 12GB free then I’ve no idea why you’re getting the out of space error.

Hope it works for you this time.

If I use Ford navigation on routes I know it tends to not pick the quickest route. If it’s a destination I’ve never been too , I’m probably just oblivious to it taking me the ‘scenic’ route! Not talking new roads or destinations  by any means. Is this HERE technology? That most car manufacturers use ? 

6 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

If I use Ford navigation on routes I know it tends to not pick the quickest route. If it’s a destination I’ve never been too , I’m probably just oblivious to it taking me the ‘scenic’ route! Not talking new roads or destinations  by any means. Is this HERE technology? That most car manufacturers use ? 

Have you got the settings correct to what you want? Fastest route or shortest route. Also the traffic option could be diverting you around the traffic. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shawty1984 said:

Like you all my updates were done via Wifi and I I'm still getting the 8.gb update showing on the Ford website. My take on it is if it's required the car will find it and download accordingly as it has previously. 

Given that someone has said it's maps for central Europe etc. I'm really not bothered as I won't be driving there! 

In respect of Alex's routing comment, I've found very little difference between Sync & Google Maps. On Sunday Google Maps identified 2 routes for me, Sync took me via the 2nd option (about 3 mins slower, but 3 miles less), which was the route I would have chosen anyway, but took me home on Google's first choice.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

Have you got the settings correct to what you want? Fastest route or shortest route. Also the traffic option could be diverting you around the traffic. 

I’ll have a look. Probably is my fault. In settings. 

1 minute ago, Sprawlsy said:

Like you all my updates were done via Wifi and I I'm still getting the 8.gb update showing on the Ford website. My take on it is if it's required the car will find it and download accordingly as it has previously. 

Given that someone has said it's maps for central Europe etc. I'm really not bothered as I won't be driving there! 

In respect of Alex's routing comment, I've found very little difference between Sync & Google Maps. On Sunday Google Maps identified 2 routes for me, Sync took me via the 2nd option (about 3 mins slower, but 3 miles less), which was the route I would have chosen anyway, but took me home on Google's first choice.

It's not that I'm bothered about having them as such, but rather I want it up-to-date for piece of mind and I can report back to Ford. It's bugging me now though as to why it won't take the update. 

18 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

I’m in Route Preferences. I’ll need to test out these options. Cheers shawty 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, colinmcg71 said:

Yes, that’s right. Mine has 11GB free of 54GB. If you have 12GB free then I’ve no idea why you’re getting the out of space error.

Hope it works for you this time.

Done a reset of Sync, done a full format of the memory stick. Downloaded the 8.2GB onto it and still get exactly the same error, very strange. 

• Confused 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club