Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Covid vaccine - would you take it?

zain611

One poor guy had his legs amputated attributed to one of the vaccines.Obviously extremely rare but it does happen.

4 minutes ago, williamweb said:

One poor guy had his legs amputated attributed to one of the vaccines.Obviously extremely rare but it does happen.

Can also happen when taking Aspirin - ALL medication comes with risk...

I speak as someone who has 16 different tablets/injections on repeat prescription. If you ever read the PIL (Patient Information Leaflet) enclosed in each box, you wouldn't sleep at night!

• Like 2

Just now, StephenFord said:

Now that’s crazy talk, didn’t think of that before my AZ jab.Oh well hopefully we ALL live and learn ha ha.

24 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

If you ever read the PIL (Patient Information Leaflet) enclosed in each box, you wouldn't sleep at night!

Unless they were sleeping tablets... :biggrin:

On a slightly more serious note though.  People are often shocked by the fact I've never taken aspirin or paracetamol.  Some of us are acutely aware of the side effect risk from anything entering the body!! :sad:

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

On a slightly more serious note though.  People are often shocked by the fact I've never taken aspirin or paracetamol.  Some of us are acutely aware of the side effect risk from anything entering the body!! :sad:

Tom, up to 10 years ago I was the same, never taken so much as a pain killer, then a whole heap of trouble all arrived at once, from heart disease necessitating a bypass & new valve to 3 bouts of cancer, and various other stuff I could list. Getting old - not all it's cracked up to be LOL 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Exactly right Stephen. Never really had a days illness in my whole life. Reached 80 this year and so far had a new heart valve (TAVI), awaiting an op for a hernia and generally feeling weaker muscle wise. Still intend getting my congratulation letter from the King though.

Have had five covid jabs just to keep with the topic.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

I speak as someone who has 16 different tablets/injections on repeat prescription. If you ever read the PIL (Patient Information Leaflet) enclosed in each box, you wouldn't sleep at night!

AGREED, frightened the life out of me when i first read mine years ago, especially the one regarding massive mood swings when taking Isosorbide Mononitrate for cardiac for the first 12 months, allegedly i was a nightmare and took NO prisoners

3 hours ago, Jimpster said:

. Cant find my card so no idea what i previously had, tho i dont thonk it makes a difference.

Don't know if it'll be the same everywhere, but I took my cards from the previous 3 jabs expecting them to fill it in, but was told they don't do it anymore. I assume it's now covered by your Covid passport (which you need to renew every 180 days if using the paper version). I'm not into apps, but I'm told it you have it on your phone it should update automatically.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Tom, up to 10 years ago I was the same, never taken so much as a pain killer, then a whole heap of trouble all arrived at once, from heart disease necessitating a bypass & new valve to 3 bouts of cancer, and various other stuff I could list. Getting old - not all it's cracked up to be LOL 🤣

Oh, I have a whole heap of physical issues now, built up over the last 15 years.  Just can't access any help for them due to such a severe phobia around bodies and, by extension, medical assistance. :unsure:

Can't find a single other person in the same situation across many forums and groups so it's no surprise there's no treatment guidelines or services set up for this circumstance within the health service, council or charities etc.

You could say it's self inflicted, as I didn't seek help when I was younger.  But by the time I did seek help (19) I was just met with ignorance & complacency and generally just made to feel like I was wasting their time.

• Sad 2

I had my Covid booster and flu jabs this morning. All straightforward, though I felt for the jabber, processing people at the rate of one very five minutes, and the lady "processing" them as they came in, filling the waiting room to capacity. BTW the lady wasn't wearing a mask, though nearly everyone else was, as requested.

A confused old dear wandered in to see if she could be jabbed, and the lady had to exercise even more patience in trying to explain to her that she had to dial 191 to make an appointment.

7 hours ago, StephenFord said:

I've been having a 'flu' jab for 20 odd years,

On a serious note, has it worked ?  have you ever caught flu ?

In my 61 years on the planet I've never had a flu jab and so far I've never had flu (probably shouldn't have said that).

4 minutes ago, unofix said:

On a serious note, has it worked ?  have you ever caught flu ?

In my 61 years on the planet I've never had a flu jab and so far I've never had flu (probably shouldn't have said that).

Touch wood, no, I've never caught flu. At one stage I thought what's the point in getting it when I never got it, till my Dr pointed out how twisted my logic was LOL Like when I asked him if I could stop taking my 'blood pressure' medication as when tested it was usually 'normal'. 'Yes' he said, 'thats a symptom of your medication!' Suppose he had a point...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Haven’t had either Flu or Covid.Appointment at my GP 15 years ago and over 15 years previous to that.My GP said big pharmaceuticals hate people like you ha ha.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, williamweb said:

...My GP said big pharmaceuticals hate people like you ha ha.

With a repeat script of 16 items, I would have thought they'd have loved me! 😊

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

With a repeat script of 16 items, I would have thought they'd have loved me! 😊

Yeah, you’re on first name terms ha ha.Don’t buy any shares though I think it’s going to tumble fairly soon.

I'm prescribed 100mg tablets for a non-serious condition, with the accompanying leaflet warning against exceeding the stipulated  dose.  Yesterday I noticed that the blister pack of four contained 75mg x 3 and 100mg x 1 tablets. I queried this with the hard-pressed pharmacist who assured me, via the solitary sales assistant that, as the back of the blister pack  said 100mg x 4, then they must all be 100mg. I wasn't convinced and contacted the manufacturers. The link to their email address wasn't working, so I rang them and spoke to a pleasant soft-spoken lady who took down my details and some long reference numbers in small print on the packaging, with mutual misunderstandings about what was needed. She wanted me to post the tablets and packaging to her company, but I pointed out that I needed the tablets and it could become complicated to get a new prescription from my GP. Then she asked me to photograph the blister packs and packaging and email the images to her, which I did.

I'm finding it difficult to understand the pharmacist's attitude. Another person might have cut up a second 75mg tablet to take their dose up to their usual 100mg and, if indeed the 75mgs are 100mgs as she says (and I doubt this), this could have led to overdosing.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Marlburian said:

...so I rang them and spoke to a pleasant soft-spoken lady who took down my details and some long reference numbers in small print on the packaging..

I'm well impressed you got to speak someone in a pharma company! I have had occasion where I wanted to report some faulty injection pens (made by AstraZenica). I know these pens cost about £100 each, and if it were my direct money, I'd be wanting a refund/replacement. But because it's only the NHS, the query slowly fell on deaf ears. So getting to raise your concern, well done! 

In the last 10 years I have had numerous queries on prescribed medication, and am thankful I still have the compos mentis to analyse myself. Goodness knows how many 1000s/day get incorrect stuff because they 'trust' their medical team...

I've got a bit of time on my hands as it was the day after my Covid (Pfizer) and flu jabs. Perhaps a mistake to have them both at once, as my reaction was a little worse than for my first (AZ) jab. I'm taking it easy and didn't feel like my Big Shop this morning.

The lady I spoke to was very sweet and patient, but her name suggests that she comes from the Indian sub-continent. I had a lot of trouble grasping her email address and suggested that she email me. Which she did, copying her message to two other people with comparable names. (Makes me wonder whether I was talking to someone based in England.)

No acknowledgement yet of the photos I sent.

My only real concern is that when I collect my scheduled pills at the end of this month, they'll be mixed doses.

Had mine #4 this AM , the ominously named Spikevax, who comes up with these names 😁

Just had a phone call back from the manufacturers, where I was told that "75" is actually "SL" :huh: and that all the tablets are indeed 100mg. I removed one from the foil and indeed those that had concerned me did have "100" on the other side. I made the point that someone else might be confused and split a second tablet to add to what they thought was a 75mg one.

The lady seemed to accept  this.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Marlburian said:

Just had a phone call back from the manufacturers, where I was told that "75" is actually "SL" :huh: and that all the tablets are indeed 100mg.

Thank goodness for that. I was going to write a whole essay on how impossible it would be to mix dosage in the same blister pack!! 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Marlburian said:

Just had a phone call back from the manufacturers, where I was told that "75" is actually "SL" :huh: and that all the tablets are indeed 100mg.

Doh! Looked at this for ages before twigging that "75" upside down looks like " SL", which, being a relative pill novice (I only take a couple), I assume is sub-lingual?😀

10 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Doh! Looked at this for ages before twigging that "75" upside down looks like " SL", which, being a relative pill novice (I only take a couple), I assume is sub-lingual?😀

Yep, Sublingual means “under the tongue”. So the tablet should be taken under the tongue where it dissolves quickly to be absorbed into the bloodstream. Should be explained in the PIL (Patient Information Leaflet) in the box...

• Like 2

Odd. My PIL says "swallow the tablet whole with a glass of water"!  Looking at the very long leaflet, it does say that the tablets have "SL" on one side and "100" on the other. But then who RTFM all the way through? (I've been taking other manufacturers' versions of the pill for ten years or more.)

4 minutes ago, Marlburian said:

...But then who RTFM all the way through?...

I do LOL

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club