Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I thought I had fixed a leak on a 8mm pipe into a trv in the bathroom radiator. This was 3 months ago I think now. Saw my brother in law yesterday afternoon and he asked if it was still ok. I said yes! Wish he hadn't asked me now. Last night at 9.30pm my step daughter came downstairs to say there was a pipe dripping and a big puddle on the floor☹️☹️☹️

Luckily I bought a pipe end fitting last time just incase .so now I've isolated the pipe / rad so the rest of the heating works 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

Was like a mini car show. 

That's not a mini car show....

.... this is a mini car show! 

I'll get my coat 😄

International-MINI-Meet-in-Lithuania-Draws-Hundreds-of-European-Cars-3-630x420.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

That's not a mini car show....

.... this is a mini car show! 

I'll get my coat 😄

International-MINI-Meet-in-Lithuania-Draws-Hundreds-of-European-Cars-3-630x420.jpg

Would love a classic mini, cousin has 3! Only have a picture of one though.

D4FA2530-5944-4D34-A137-056C0CF790B6.jpeg

• Like 2

I don't like my washing machine making a chirping noise (like a slightly worn fan belt) when NOT turning which goes away when it starts rotating the drum...  Very strange!!

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

Would love a classic mini, cousin has 3! Only have a picture of one though.

D4FA2530-5944-4D34-A137-056C0CF790B6.jpeg

Nice, back when Minis were...... well, mini 😎

10 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like my washing machine making a chirping noise (like a slightly worn fan belt) when NOT turning which goes away when it starts rotating the drum...  Very strange!!

Bird's nest? 😄

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Nooooooooooo!! 😭

mysupermarket.thumb.jpg.e93825da3195d802e2461d4ea46485c6.jpg

Only found out about this from your post, no emails from them before now.

Only shopped through the site a few times but found it useful to check prices before heading out for specific items.

I've emailed the support email address requesting my right to erasure as I don't want any of my data being passed onto whomever may come along afterwards.

• Like 2

I don't like being told about a cut within the O/S rear tyre from earlier this morning. Mechanic has confirmed no cords exposed so it's not going to fail the MOT. Looks suspiciously screw shaped which if it is, is another near miss with the damn screws and crap left around by my damn father :wallbash:.

Off Side Rear Tyre cut.jpg

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Zico said:

I don't like being told about a cut within the O/S rear tyre from earlier this morning. Mechanic has confirmed no cords exposed so it's not going to fail the MOT. Looks suspiciously screw shaped which if it is, is another near miss with the damn screws and crap left around by my damn father :wallbash:.

Off Side Rear Tyre cut.jpg

if it goes down it can be fixed with a plug👍 

• Like 1

The tyre hasn't gone down from the nick but ironically enough the valve was slowly leaking which has now been replaced. I've got two spare Hankook tyres (from new before I swapped to the Michelin PS4) which I can use to replace it if needed.

• Like 1

that's all good then☺️

2 hours ago, Zico said:

Only found out about this from your post, no emails from them before now.

Only shopped through the site a few times but found it useful to check prices before heading out for specific items.

I've emailed the support email address requesting my right to erasure as I don't want any of my data being passed onto whomever may come along afterwards.

I use(d) it at least once a week...  Always check the best deals the day before I go shopping so I can decide whether to go Tesco or Sainsbury's that week.  I only saw that today as Nan needs some shopping tomorrow, I also had no emails and I'm sure there was no banner message or anything on the site when I last looked on Friday.  :sad:

I hope they give you a little respect regarding your right to data Erasure. :wink:

Also turns out Tesco have now changed their offer changeover day to Wednesday...so the items that are on offer online today (for delivery from tomorrow) were still full price when I got there. 🤦‍♂️ Fortunately it's only 2 minutes drive away so I'll go again tomorrow instead lol.

• Like 1

Got locked out my car as I went to leave work, ***** keyless entry. It unlocked the boot so I could put my bag in ( left the keys in the bag) shut boot then it wouldn't let me back in the boot to get keys. 3 lads waiting for a lift home! Luckily another lad goes near by where we live so got lift home with him .Now got to go back out with spare key/fob. 

• Haha 2

I don’t like that today being really sunny I got my motorbikes out of hibernation, but both batteries were totally dead so couldn’t ride them. 

Just rejetted the carb on my older one and can’t even test it out ☹️

• Sad 1

As anyone on here checked their credit score as i was thinking of doing it but how safe is it online as i don't like sharing your details with 3rd parties.

Got locked out my car as I went to leave work, ***** keyless entry. It unlocked the boot so I could put my bag in ( left the keys in the bag) shut boot then it wouldn't let me back in the boot to get keys. 3 lads waiting for a lift home! Luckily another lad goes near by where we live so got lift home with him .Now got to go back out with spare key/fob. 
My car unlocks the doors and sounds the horn twice if I put my key in the boot by accident.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

As anyone on here checked their credit score as i was thinking of doing it but how safe is it online as i don't like sharing your details with 3rd parties.
If you have ever owed any company money and ducked the payments then doing a credit score check will allow them to locate you & chase you up.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

How did that happen?  On the (admittedly few!) cars I've had with keyless, the car detects the key in the boot and remains unlocked. 

I did have a similar issue with auto-relock back in the olden days though...driver's door module wasn't recognising the door open, so it'd relock if you were daft enough to put the keys in the ignition and shut the door... :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jace1969 said:

I did it about 5 years ago with no problems.  I'd stick to the big companies though, Clearscore, Equifax etc.

I was surprised to find I had a 'good' score, despite never having any credit previously.  

12 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

How did that happen?  On the (admittedly few!) cars I've had with keyless, the car detects the key in the boot and remains unlocked. 

I did have a similar issue with auto-relock back in the olden days though...driver's door module wasn't recognising the door open, so it'd relock if you were daft enough to put the keys in the ignition and shut the door... :rolleyes: 

I had some tools in the bag and as I chucked the bag in boot I think the tools must have covered the key fob therefore not showing as I the boot. Works fine now at home, with horn sounding twice and unlocking. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Have used a couple in the past (Experian and Noddle). Noddle is now https://www.creditkarma.co.uk/ which I check now and again.

**Edit** You can get £4 cashback for a free Experian account via TopCashBack - https://www.topcashback.co.uk/experian-account/

15 minutes ago, Zico said:

Have used a couple in the past (Experian and Noddle). Noddle is now https://www.creditkarma.co.uk/ which I check now and again.

**Edit** You can get £4 cashback for a free Experian account via TopCashBack - https://www.topcashback.co.uk/experian-account/

Personally I would avoid Credit Karma. 

Try checkmyfile.com it gives you a comprehensive report and a free trial for a month. I have no affiliation with this company FYI 

@The Finance Guy I would be interested to hear if there are any issues with Credit Karma. I only have an account with them after they took over from Noddle (not that I had any issues with Noddle either).

1 hour ago, Zico said:

@The Finance Guy I would be interested to hear if there are any issues with Credit Karma. I only have an account with them after they took over from Noddle (not that I had any issues with Noddle either).

Sorry I should have been a bit clearer. I don’t know of any issues with them, I just said I personally would avoid them. This is because I think their TV advertising promotes irresponsible lending. 

• Like 1

I don't like that my white PS4 pro is kaput. Had it just under 2 years from new and put a 2tb HDD in for more space (the same unit I used in my original PS4). 
Last summer it started suffering stutter and lag on games and menu screens so I assumed it overheated due to the heatwave we had (my flat hit 36c inside). 

Got myself a new 1tb version today (black one) so tried to back up all the game save data etc from the old one to an external HDD (2tb) and it really didn't like it. 
I think it's video gameplay captures I've made from GTA that are protected (they never used to be) so that's causing the transfer to fail. 

I was going to use the 2tb HDD in the new PS4 pro but that means I then lose over 150 capture videos (that I have yet to edit and upload to YouTube) of fun screw-ups that I or my friends have made whilst playing the game or even some game glitches where things aren't quite right. 

I guess I'll just have to edit those videos over the next few weeks and upload them so that I can then delete them from the PS4 and use the 2tb in my new PS4 pro. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club