Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like that my mother's 20 year old Panasonic Viera plasma now only has one working scart jack!  One of them stopped working ages ago and would only display a black and white picture and now the other one is doing the same!!  This really pains me as if the third and final one goes then the TV set will have to be retired but it still has a great picture even though it isn't HD.

At least for the moment a scart splitter will solve the problem and hopefully prolong the final working jack's life by not plugging and unplugging all the time.

• Like 1

I've had a few more offers on the Honda, all by people who haven't even seen the car. The best (worst?) one was an offer of 41% of the asking price :rolleyes1:

I think Gumtree may have been a false economy...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the offer but I've just put the extra text onto a separate sheet of paper instead.  It's a PDF that I've got to print and post rather than send electronically so hopefully that's fine... [emoji2] 
Offer stands if you ever need it in the future.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't like having a 'Fasting checkup' today. No toast, tea or even juice! Luckily we live 2 minutes away from the hospital so I'll nip home after and grab a cuppa 😃

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Turvey said:

I don't like having a 'Fasting checkup' today. 

I hate those! Particularly when you have to walk past the cafe on the way in at my local hospital and can smell bacon sandwiches! Hope it goes ok for you!😀

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hope it all went ok!  Did they suggest anything for your 'last' meal to keep you going for longer than usual?

My Great Aunt has to have them fairly often and keeps feeling faint...she has to take a bus to the hospital which takes over half an hour each way, plus walking to and from the bus stops! 😮  The Doctor just told her to get some old fashioned smelling salts, but we couldn't find any in the high street shops, it seems you're no longer allowed to sell them for private use or something! :unsure: 

On a similar note, I had been eating at exactly the same time every evening for months to try and help regulate my IBS issues.  It didn't work, but what it did do was really ruin me when I tried to go to an evening event a few months ago where I'd have to move the meal a couple of hours later.  I'm used to chronic fatigue and a fuzzy head in the evenings but this time I also had constant tinnitus, tingling in the right arm and stars flashing around my eyes, honestly thought I was having a stroke! 😮  I've since started moving the evening meal around a bit which has allowed me to go to 2 or 3 evening events since without another incident like that, I'm trying to find some food with super slow release energy for those situations though...

• Like 1

Thanks guys, everything went ok. Height/weight etc taken as well. Blood was taken to check for diabetes but the nurse reckoned that as a nonsmoker and not being overweight 😇 I should be ok. Just got to wait until next week for the results. 

@TomsFocus and I thought I had problems! 😲

I'm assuming you've been to doctors etc? regarding your diet and symptoms.

Tell your aunt she needs to pack a Snickers in her handbag for immediately after her appointment 😉

I don't always appreciate how lucky we are to live in a place where everything is within a few minutes drive. Our hospital, which only opened a couple of weeks ago, is quite literally a 5 minute walk away. Our doctors practice, before it moved into the hospital, was a minutes walk from our front door! So I can imagine that a half hour bus journey to get home can be a bit of a pain. 

• Like 2

I'm lucky I now have a hba1c diabetes blood test that doesn't require fasting and measures my blood sugars over previous 2 months

I don't have diabetes but had to be checked as I have signs of cataract in one eye. Diabetes can cause that. But so can my hayfever medication I was taking , that's been stopped. 

Still I've got a hospital procedure to screen for bowel cancer to look forward next Monday. It's aimed at the over 50's . So ***** to empty my lower bowel then  the camera slammed in to have a look around. 😲😲😲💩💩💩

The stuff you look forward to as you age. Lol 

Edit, didn't think the word ***** would be blanked out! E.n.e.m.a

• Like 1

@Turvey glad it went well!

Doctors aren't interested in IBS, there's nothing they can do for it.  I've requested a referral to a nutritionist but doubt they'll bother.  I've recently joined a Facebook support group for it...and was amazed to find it had 50k members!! 😮

I haven't mentioned about the stroke feeling though...I mean, I didn't die so it must be fine... :laugh:  I can't face blood tests or cameras shoved inside anywhere anyway lol, so I'll just have to put up with the health anxiety instead.

It's actually my Great Aunt (as in my Grandad's sister), she's 87 so the bus to the hospital is far from ideal!  She's got a very rare condition though and always seems to be going there.  I know she's also a guinea pig for trials and training for that particular illness with it being so rare, don't think I could be bothered personally but I guess she hopes to help other people if they find a cure for it.

• Like 1

@iantt honestly, don't worry about the camera thing 😉 been there, done that. It sounds worse than it is. 

6 minutes ago, iantt said:

I'm lucky I now have a hba1c diabetes blood test that doesn't require fasting and measures my blood sugars over previous 2 months

I don't have diabetes but had to be checked as I have signs of cataract in one eye. Diabetes can cause that. But so can my hayfever medication I was taking , that's been stopped. 

Still I've got a hospital procedure to screen for bowel cancer to look forward next Monday. It's aimed at the over 50's . So ***** to empty my lower bowel then  the camera slammed in to have a look around. 😲😲😲💩💩💩

The stuff you look forward to as you age. Lol 

Edit, didn't think the word ***** would be blanked out! 

I can't work out the blanked word! :laugh:

Good luck with the colonoscopy, I've heard the prep is the worst part...but also got a laugh when I read someone saying it's not that bad, 'just like weeing from your bum'... :lol:

@TomsFocus having seen the effect IBS has on my mum I can totally sympathise with you. She does seem to have it under control just now, thankfully. Facebook does have its uses, and hopefully you'll find something that works for you 😉

• Like 1

I don’t like trying to get insurance quotes for my sister who passed yesterday, fully braces for the costs but all the insurers systems are down! Spend hours on the phone for them to turn around and say sorry we can’t quote you atm. Much rage has ensued today!

On 7/9/2019 at 6:36 PM, Turvey said:

Thanks guys, everything went ok. Height/weight etc taken as well. Blood was taken to check for diabetes but the nurse reckoned that as a nonsmoker and not being overweight 😇 I should be ok. Just got to wait until next week for the results.

I'm screwed then! :unsure::laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/9/2019 at 1:53 PM, TomsFocus said:

On a similar note, I had been eating at exactly the same time every evening for months to try and help regulate my IBS issues.  It didn't work, but what it did do was really ruin me when I tried to go to an evening event a few months ago where I'd have to move the meal a couple of hours later.  I'm used to chronic fatigue and a fuzzy head in the evenings but this time I also had constant tinnitus, tingling in the right arm and stars flashing around my eyes, honestly thought I was having a stroke! 😮  I've since started moving the evening meal around a bit which has allowed me to go to 2 or 3 evening events since without another incident like that, I'm trying to find some food with super slow release energy for those situations though...

Sounds like a migraine to me, I used to have them weekly (if not daily) before the doctor prescribed Propranolol which has really helped.

Of course the down side is that it reduces blood pressure (hence I have more dizzy spells when standing up) and also increases tiredness which isn't good when I already have M.E...

I'm screwed then! :unsure::laughing:
Ditto...[emoji488]

33 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Ditto...emoji488.png

Still need to try out your burger recipe Clive. I have my graduation tomorrow and mum is doing a graduation party on Saturday at home so after all this can give the recipe a go. Was reading this book with curry recipes and would like to try and make prawn curry. 

• Like 2

@TomsFocus I'd get those symptoms looked at. Have you had recent stress?

One of the guys I talk to in the detail shop was recently diagnosed with crohns disease and he's only 27. Diabetes runs in my family so try not to go mad with sugary stuff although I hardly touch that stuff thankfully. 

13 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Sounds like a migraine to me, I used to have them weekly (if not daily) before the doctor prescribed Propranolol which has really helped.

Of course the down side is that it reduces blood pressure (hence I have more dizzy spells when standing up) and also increases tiredness which isn't good when I already have M.E...

Would a migraine cause a tingly arm?  I don't remember any particular headache at the same time.  I do often get headaches but they're not usually that bad and are often after a bad IBS episode so likely due to the dehydration or a loss of salt/vitamins etc.

I was thinking it's more likely due to low blood sugar.  I didn't have anything sugary at home to boost the sugar levels (I try to avoid sugar & fat as much as possible so don't buy it) and obviously wasn't in a position to nip to the shop but just about managed to get a slice of bread and glass of water down but even after that it still took ages for the symptoms to subside. 

Alternatively I wondered about low blood pressure, weirdly it's never been tested despite chronic fatigue and dizzy/lightheadedness most evenings.  I can't cope with needles but I think I'd be able to cope with a pressure cuff, as long as the word 'blood; wasn't mentioned anyway lol!  I have to get up very slowly and walk with a wide stance and steady myself against door frames etc in the evening, and can't focus enough to read a phone screen which is why I rarely post on here after 8pm if anyone's noticed that lol.  The fuzzy, wobblyness also happens when I go out though, pretty much regardless of when and where (although worse indoors and in crowds)...but that's been diagnosed as part of agoraphobia...  

11 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Ditto...emoji488.png

Surely you're not overweight with chasing all those criminals!? 😮 

11 hours ago, zain611 said:

@TomsFocus I'd get those symptoms looked at. Have you had recent stress?

One of the guys I talk to in the detail shop was recently diagnosed with crohns disease and he's only 27. Diabetes runs in my family so try not to go mad with sugary stuff although I hardly touch that stuff thankfully. 

As someone that suffers from severe anxiety, I've only had stress permanently for the last 15+ years... :laugh:  On a serious note though, yes my stress levels are really high the moment, I'm having massive money issues (despite my best efforts of budgeting, I simply don't get enough to live on), my health anxiety is through the roof atm, convincing myself I've got all sorts of different issues on a daily basis, there are problems in my flat that the landlord won't fix as he's waiting for me to move so they can fully refurb the whole place, but I can't move until I get some extra income, and even then the majority of landlords won't accept HB, I'm missing a lot of the events I wanted to go to over summer (car shows etc) as the IBS and agoraphobia are really bad atm, I'm not able to sleep because I keep feeling really nauseous and have to sit upright in bed, plus I have to keep getting up for a wee during the night...  I can't change any of those stress triggers currently though. :sad:  I'm meant to be trying the low FODMAP diet for the IBS (I think the nausea and water retention are all linked to IBS as well as various other bowel issues) but my food budget isn't enough to cover it so I can't even do that yet.

Chrons is horrible, I do hope mine is 'just' IBS rather than chrons, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.  Chrons can spread right through the digestive system and require large parts of it to be removed! 😮 

• Like 2

On 7/8/2019 at 5:56 PM, TimST2 said:

I've had a few more offers on the Honda, all by people who haven't even seen the car. The best (worst?) one was an offer of 41% of the asking price :rolleyes1:

I think Gumtree may have been a false economy...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

And the first person to actually come and see it just bought it :thumbsup:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

And the first person to actually come and see it just bought it :thumbsup:

'First to see will buy' :laugh:  How much discount did you give in the end?

7 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

'First to see will buy' :laugh:  How much discount did you give in the end?

I didn't write that 😃

I gave the chap a 15% discount - which was totally fair as it was priced to haggle a bit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

I didn't write that 😃

I gave the chap a 15% discount - which was totally fair as it was priced to haggle a bit.

Yeah, that's sounds reasonable tbh. :smile:  

On 7/8/2019 at 5:48 PM, jmurray01 said:

I don't like that my mother's 20 year old Panasonic Viera plasma now only has one working scart jack!  One of them stopped working ages ago and would only display a black and white picture and now the other one is doing the same!!  This really pains me as if the third and final one goes then the TV set will have to be retired but it still has a great picture even though it isn't HD.

At least for the moment a scart splitter will solve the problem and hopefully prolong the final working jack's life by not plugging and unplugging all the time.

If it's got an s-video jack on it, you can also try that (you can get scart->svideo adapters), or the composite in (but image may be fuzzier). It sounds like an extremely old set, and Plasmas suck power like nothing else today. May be worth retiring and putting the money you save in electricity into a new LCD TV (You can get some really decent HD TV's in the sales these days for peanuts).

On 7/9/2019 at 7:32 PM, TomsFocus said:

@Turvey glad it went well!

Doctors aren't interested in IBS, there's nothing they can do for it.  I've requested a referral to a nutritionist but doubt they'll bother.  I've recently joined a Facebook support group for it...and was amazed to find it had 50k members!! 😮

I haven't mentioned about the stroke feeling though...I mean, I didn't die so it must be fine... :laugh:  I can't face blood tests or cameras shoved inside anywhere anyway lol, so I'll just have to put up with the health anxiety instead.

It's actually my Great Aunt (as in my Grandad's sister), she's 87 so the bus to the hospital is far from ideal!  She's got a very rare condition though and always seems to be going there.  I know she's also a guinea pig for trials and training for that particular illness with it being so rare, don't think I could be bothered personally but I guess she hopes to help other people if they find a cure for it.

I had SIBO diagnosed after many years of going to the doctors and then being referred to a gastroenterologist and specifically requesting it. I had had a number of courses of antibiotics and PPIs (omeprazole/lansoprazole) over the years and it had allowed bacteria to colonise my small intestine where they should not be, digesting food and releasing gas/waste products. If you've had a lot of antibiotics over the years or treatment with omeprazole/lansoprazole and you have urgency/severe bloating especially after eating, etc, might be worth a mention.

Another course of antibiotics later and that cleared up and my IBS symptoms almost but disappeared but certainly more manageable now.

As for the weird feelings - I get similar, weird tingling in the scalp with tingling in a little area of a limb (sometimes with goosebumps appearing just in a little area too), along with dopey headed feeling that normally precedes the rest of the symptoms. Have put it down to migraines since i've had it for years with no other symptoms (and mother suffers with migraines too). Normally drinking loads of extra fluids when it comes on helps a lot too - read something that states many of us are actually quite dehydrated day-to-day.

3 minutes ago, Micro said:

I had SIBO diagnosed after many years of going to the doctors and then being referred to a gastroenterologist and specifically requesting it. I had had a number of courses of antibiotics and PPIs (omeprazole/lansoprazole) over the years and it had allowed bacteria to colonise my small intestine where they should not be, digesting food and releasing gas/waste products. If you've had a lot of antibiotics over the years or treatment with omeprazole/lansoprazole and you have urgency/severe bloating especially after eating, etc, might be worth a mention.

Another course of antibiotics later and that cleared up and my IBS symptoms almost but disappeared but certainly more manageable now.

Glad you finally found something that helped!  I had read a bit about SIBO recently but I don't think that's the issue with me, my IBS goes to both extremes rather than just D. 

I've never had antibiotics to my knowledge, I can't take any medication at all due severe anxiety around the risk of side effects and further illness so just have to put up with things and hope that everything can be fixed by water, food, sleep or exercise... 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club