Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX
聽Share

8 hours ago, zain611 said:

@jmurray01 did you hear about Boris going to intensive care because of covid19? Doesn't sound good 馃槻

Yes I did.聽 Whether I agree with his politics or not he is still a person at the end of the day and I hope he recovers fully, but I knew when he went in it wasn't as simple as just "routine tests"...

• Like 2

Yes I did.聽 Whether I agree with his politics or not he is still a person at the end of the day and I hope he recovers fully, but I knew when he went in it wasn't as simple as just "routine tests"...
It is possible they are actually playing down how bad Boris really is.

Sent from my SM-G965F

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Whether I agree with his politics or not he is still a person at the end of the day and I hope he recovers fully,

Yes, when we moan about the perceived failings of politicians etc we often forget that, at the end of the day, they are people just like us with the same strengths and weaknesses. His expectant partner is also apparently affected by the virus and I wish them all well.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Sent from my SM-G965F

+1聽

I saw a video of a local being taken to hospital with COVID-19 five weeks before the news or government admitted to a case being in our area.聽

The news is structured as they don't want people to panic,聽

I'm not a uk resident but I do still wish boris well聽

2 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Sent from my SM-G965F

I was leaning more towards him not being as bad and getting more of a "cautious" course of treatment than you or I would receive, but you could be right...聽 Either way it should send a message to people that NOBODY is above the virus.聽

Just today there has been another spate of deaths at a Scottish care home, the second one that I've heard of.聽 Terrible for those families who put their elderly relatives in a home so they would live out the rest of their lives in peace and comfort, only to die of this and the relatives not being able to say goodbye.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yes, when we moan about the perceived failings of politicians etc we often forget that, at the end of the day, they are people just like us with the same strengths and weaknesses. His expectant partner is also apparently affected by the virus and I wish them all well.

That is very true.聽 I try not to focus on any one person more than another though, so I wish everybody with the virus all the best, whether they are the prime minister or somebody in a council flat.聽 Regardless every life is important and everybody suffers the same whether they are in the news or not.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I try not to focus on any one person more than another though, so I wish everybody with the virus all the best, whether they are the prime minister or somebody in a council flat.聽

馃憤Yes, it's quite noticeable that a lot of the people we are really relying on at the moment, in addition to the emergency services, are shop staff, drivers, refuse collectors etc who are at the bottom end of the salary scale. I do hope that one outcome of all this is that we reassess the value of such people compared to, for example, premier league footballers and chief executives on packages in the 拢millions.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

馃憤Yes, it's quite noticeable that a lot of the people we are really relying on at the moment, in addition to the emergency services, are shop staff, drivers, refuse collectors etc who are at the bottom end of the salary scale. I do hope that one outcome of all this is that we reassess the value of such people compared to, for example, premier league footballers and chief executives on packages in the 拢millions.

Exactly agree there. Don't get me wrong doctors for example do help people but I feel nurses help a lot more. I've come across a few nurses who don't like some patients who don't treat them the same as doctors. Yeah some don't like being around people who are earning a lot more than them when they have knowledge on certain aspects.聽

I do wish nurses get a higher salary especially for what they have to study for to become one.聽

• Like 1

I don't like that it clouds over as soon as I put the washing machine on!!!

• Like 3

Don't like seeing my Chief Constable on the news tonight looking like a right scran bag.
You need to turn the iron on before you press your shirts Boss. [emoji846]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Haha 9

On 4/7/2020 at 5:24 PM, jmurray01 said:

I don't like that it clouds over as soon as I put the washing machine on!!!

There here too; 馃槻 turn it off聽

• Like 1

So went sainsburys with mum to get my beard trimmer from the argos inside and some food. Was a long queue going around the side of the place. Took 1 hour 40 minutes to get in. Near the entrance I was told not more than 1 adult per group so had to let mum go in alone and sit in the car.聽

Screenshot_20200410-150103.png

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

So went sainsburys with mum to get my beard trimmer from the argos inside and some food. Was a long queue going around the side of the place. Took 1 hour 40 minutes to get in. Near the entrance I was told not more than 1 adult per group so had to let mum go in alone and sit in the car.聽

Screenshot_20200410-150103.png

The one adult thing has been going for a couple of weeks now.聽 I haven't seen any queues like that yet though!! 馃槷

• Like 1

Bank holiday weekend, sun and barbecues, without the virus the supermarkets would be busy. My brother and step mum went to the local Tesco Extra last night around 19:30pm and must have been allowed in at the same time as my step mum said that my brother was rushing her to get things to get back out聽:laughing:.

• Like 2

I don't like not being able to attend any of the Easter Services at church...聽 But that said what Jesus endured on Good Friday was much worse than we are enduring just now, got to remember that!

41 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like not being able to attend any of the Easter Services at church...聽 But that said what Jesus endured on Good Friday was much worse than we are enduring just now, got to remember that!

Our church has all online services, including a good Friday service tonight. It鈥檚 not quite the same of course but it鈥檚 actually very good.聽

1 hour ago, Zico said:

Bank holiday weekend, sun and barbecues, without the virus the supermarkets would be busy. My brother and step mum went to the local Tesco Extra last night around 19:30pm and must have been allowed in at the same time as my step mum said that my brother was rushing her to get things to get back out聽:laughing:.

Zain was going to buy a beard trimmer...maybe your brother passed for a child? :laugh:

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, The Finance Guy said:

Our church has all online services, including a good Friday service tonight. It鈥檚 not quite the same of course but it鈥檚 actually very good.聽

So does mine to be fair but they are uploaded on Facebook and I refuse to use that platform out of principle.聽 I think there is another local church uploading to YouTube so I'll have a look for that as you say it isn't the same but better than nothing.

54 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

but they are uploaded on Facebook and I refuse to use that platform out of principle

I avoided Facebook until this year, but having now signed up I only join groups and like pages rather than having friends. I also have all the privacy setting locked down. So essentially it's like having a load of news and forums in a single place without all the other rubbish or lack of privacy that comes with Facebook.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Zain was going to buy a beard trimmer...maybe your brother passed for a child? :laugh:

I'll send a picture of it tomorrow. Since I got my braces on and my front teeth getting nearly straight for the first time in my life I've started to take care of my appearance weirdly also going through emotional upset. Hopefully I can shape my beard. For some reason I just feel comfortable having one but not too long as it gets uncomfortable. Could see if I can cut my hair myself with it

• Like 1

11 hours ago, zain611 said:

I'll send a picture of it tomorrow. Since I got my braces on and my front teeth getting nearly straight for the first time in my life I've started to take care of my appearance weirdly also going through emotional upset. Hopefully I can shape my beard. For some reason I just feel comfortable having one but not too long as it gets uncomfortable. Could see if I can cut my hair myself with it

I'm tempted to try cutting my own hair soon...will need to buy some sort of trimmer first though.

I'm wondering what a fade would look like with my receding hairline...? :unsure: :laugh:

Keep getting jealous of all these guys in their late 20s that have still got a load of thick hair left though, have to be realistic and work with the 3 wafer-thin strands I have left on top!聽 :sad:

I've never been overly fussed by my appearance, severe self-loathing has always taken care of that. :wink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm tempted to try cutting my own hair soon...will need to buy some sort of trimmer first though.

I'm wondering what a fade would look like with my receding hairline...? :unsure: :laugh:

Keep getting jealous of all these guys in their late 20s that have still got a load of thick hair left though, have to be realistic and work with the 3 wafer-thin strands I have left on top!聽 :sad:

I've never been overly fussed by my appearance, severe self-loathing has always taken care of that. :wink:

This braun one is good. Was number 4 of the best trimmers to get for this year. The 3 top ones were expensive. They've become sold out in all the local argoses near me now so was lucky to buy it before.聽

Yeah I'm actually looking how to do a fade. Never cut my own hair. Hopefully this will make it faster shaving also. I could if it goes well keep on cutting my hair myself and save 拢12 from the barbers 馃槀.聽

I'm sure there's more people like you. Sadly comes down to genetics. Could see if there is any hair supplements you can get.聽

Screenshot_20200411-111919.png

Screenshot_20200411-111927.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

This braun one is good. Was number 4 of the best trimmers to get for this year. The 3 top ones were expensive. They've become sold out in all the local argoses near me now so was lucky to buy it before.聽

Yeah I'm actually looking how to do a fade. Never cut my own hair. Hopefully this will make it faster shaving also. I could if it goes well keep on cutting my hair myself and save 拢12 from the barbers 馃槀.聽

I'm sure there's more people like you. Sadly comes down to genetics. Could see if there is any hair supplements you can get.聽

Screenshot_20200411-111919.png

Screenshot_20200411-111927.png

That looks good!聽 Should pay for itself in no time if you can do your hair with it too! :biggrin:

I've got a Braun electric shaver that I've had for about 4 years now and still impressed with it.聽 I seemed to cut myself every single time I wet shaved (for about 10 years!) but not at all since getting this.聽 battery still holds plenty of charge too.

Both my Dad and maternal Uncle lost their hair fairly early so there wasn't much chance for mine!聽 I do buy the L'Oreal Men Triple Resist Shampoo when it's on offer but I'm very sceptical that it can actually do anything! :laugh:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club