Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

45 minutes ago, iantt said:

Our town in the news for a change. Bit of a gas leak and explosion not far from me. I didn't hear it though. 

Screenshot_20221228-165746.png

Hopefully there was no one in the house at the time  and it wasn't another attempted suicide.

2 hours ago, Tizer said:

Hopefully there was no one in the house at the time  and it wasn't another attempted suicide.

Reported 4 injured, 1 critical, 2 discharged from hospital today and 1 neighbour treated at the scene lastnight

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Jimpster said:

That'll be all the sprouts

We are a market gardening town with ample supply of the offensive vegetable

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, iantt said:

Reported 4 injured, 1 critical, 2 discharged from hospital today and 1 neighbour treated at the scene lastnight

Whenever I see/hear similar scenes I always think it's someone trying to bypass the meter with a bit of inner tube and a leak occurred. I'm sure it's not always the case though. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Turvey said:

Whenever I see/hear similar scenes I always think it's someone trying to bypass the meter with a bit of inner tube and a leak occurred. I'm sure it's not always the case though. 

When I was a trainee with the leccy board back in the early 70s and doing the rounds of various departments, many city areas were being cleared for improved housing, and there were streets which had only the odd house occupied. I spent a few days with guys inspecting properties for safety and also evidence of "monkey business" to bypass the meters. We found all sorts of ingenious and highly dangerous stuff, such as a pin through the cable insulation on either side of the meter connected by a thin piece of wire, thus stopping (or reducing) the amount of juice being recorded. I'm sure the gas board, who were conducting the same excercise, found stuff with a similar purpose.

I guess nowadays, with energy prices, the temptation to do this kind of thing is around as much as ever.

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

When I was a trainee with the leccy board back in the early 70s and doing the rounds of various departments, many city areas were being cleared for improved housing, and there were streets which had only the odd house occupied. I spent a few days with guys inspecting properties for safety and also evidence of "monkey business" to bypass the meters. We found all sorts of ingenious and highly dangerous stuff, such as a pin through the cable insulation on either side of the meter connected by a thin piece of wire, thus stopping (or reducing) the amount of juice being recorded. I'm sure the gas board, who were conducting the same excercise, found stuff with a similar purpose.

I guess nowadays, with energy prices, the temptation to do this kind of thing is around as much as ever.

Like this

IMG-20221222-WA0001.jpg

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, iantt said:

Like this

IMG-20221222-WA0001.jpg

Is that in your house, Ian?😀 

The kind of stuff we used to find was a bit more subtle than that, and quite difficult to spot in dingy cellars. 

The other thing was fiddling coin operated meters. Breaking into the coin box or using suitably sized washers was a bit obvious, but one we used to find was where the coin box had gone rusty. The cause was people making moulds to fill with water and create discs of ice, which would fool the meter and vanish without trace - except for the rust!

Don't like the fact that I've had two visits from HR today relating to an incident that happened this morning in the warehouse and have been reported for saying something that I havent said and the fact that the person who's demading an apology never heard what I'm supposed to off said .....WTF 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Wino said:

Don't like the fact that I've had two visits from HR today relating to an incident that happened this morning in the warehouse and have been reported for saying something that I havent said and the fact that the person who's demading an apology never heard what I'm supposed to off said .....WTF 

I'm genuinely sorry to hear that. When I started my work career, HR was simply called, 'personnel',  a term I used right through till retirement, despite attempts at me doing otherwise. I make the point simply that 'HR' is simply a tick box exercise in attempting to stop the 'company' being sued for any woke nonsense that confronts them. In the olden days, personnel used their common sense, sadly, HR no longer divert from 'procedure'. and possess no common sense whatsoever 

I know it may stick in your throat, but it may be expedient just to apologise to the so called 'offended' party and move on...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

And we know what Dirty Harry said about personnel:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

I know it may stick in your throat, but it may be expedient just to apologise to the so called 'offended' party and move on...

Sort any witnesses out and tell them to do one, sod expediency, probably looking for a payday or bears a grudge

I have only just done Driving Diversity, Equity and Inclusion training this afternoon at work. 2 hours I will never get back. 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, iantt said:

I have only just done Driving Diversity, Equity and Inclusion training this afternoon at work. 2 hours I will never get back. 

I had a driver's CPC course a couple of weeks ago on drivers hours.

Considering our location and the fact that I only work 8-4 Mon to Fri with absolutely no chance of getting anywhere near the 9 or 10 hours daily driving time, I can totally sympathise with you 😀

50 minutes ago, iantt said:

I don't like getting older, but one thing I relish about being an OAP is not having to listen to that sort of cr*p!😀

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, StephenFord said:

I'm genuinely sorry to hear that. When I started my work career, HR was simply called, 'personnel',  a term I used right through till retirement, despite attempts at me doing otherwise. I make the point simply that 'HR' is simply a tick box exercise in attempting to stop the 'company' being sued for any woke nonsense that confronts them. In the olden days, personnel used their common sense, sadly, HR no longer divert from 'procedure'. and possess no common sense whatsoever 

Not a chance of me apologising for something I haven't said. Will see what happens tomorrow but at the moment it's still in the HR capable hands 🙄

• Like 2

10 hours ago, iantt said:

Like this

Is that a 30A or a 50A teaspoon do you know ?

I'll have to get my reg's book out and check 🤣

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, unofix said:

Is that a 30A or a 50A teaspoon do you know ?

I'll have to get my reg's book out and check 🤣

50a, had to be enough if the hot tub and car charger were going at the same. 

• Haha 4

Don't like being off work I'll. I've never had so many days off work this year. First COVID in march, then a few weeks ago heart troubles, and now another virus/cold,sore throat, cough, ear ache, sticky eyes( could be conjunctivitis from the virus) messaged in sick after struggling on at work for last 2 days. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Wino said:

Not a chance of me apologising for something I haven't said. Will see what happens tomorrow but at the moment it's still in the HR capable hands 🙄

Couldn’t agree with you more. Hold your head up and look into their eyes and stand up for what is right! Those involved should be apologising to you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, iantt said:

Don't like being off work I'll. I've never had so many days off work this year. First COVID in march, then a few weeks ago heart troubles, and now another virus/cold,sore throat, cough, ear ache, sticky eyes( could be conjunctivitis from the virus) messaged in sick after struggling on at work for last 2 days. 

As you get older you have to look after yourself better.Your family will appreciate it- or should do 😀

37 minutes ago, iantt said:

the joys of getting older haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, williamweb said:

Couldn’t agree with you more. Hold your head up and look into their eyes and stand up for what is right! Those involved should be apologising to you.

What he said ⬆️ 👍

i feel a claim coming on, whoever wins 😁, stick it to "the man" up the revolution.

Update, I've asked this morning IF a full written complaint has been lodged but everyone keep quiet at the minute.

My only issue is its rather a David v Goliath .... other party is an university educated ex teacher v moi who knows next to nowt about process within a large company.

From what I've tried to find out is if she does put it in writing then I can prove her wrong, does that account for Gross misconduct and a sackable offence 🤔

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club