Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Looks great tbh Zain, those gel plates really set it off...there's something about 6 figure plates I've always liked as well, especially those starting with X!  :biggrin: 

Had X69 RCP back in the day...it was the original plate but always thought it looked cool... :laugh: 

513706491_EstateClean41012019.thumb.jpg.85755458a434588fce0a7269a9955630.jpg

Just looking through pics of that car, I forgot how useful an estate car used to be! :whistling: 

349729932_Golfbrakesshaftsstruts007.thumb.jpg.88c297caed95fcf5e330bd630c85f668.jpg

565847861_Golfbrakesshaftsstruts008.thumb.jpg.d335df667ddf95d69f4f0a65e247bf0d.jpg

1962470420_EstateTidyUpandGolfPartsforsale045.thumb.jpg.3ec126274b2047ca83a13499c54e44d8.jpg

948730674_EstateTidyUpandGolfPartsforsale044.thumb.jpg.314c429507afdda90ff86151de922962.jpg

921562354_GolfPartsCams005.thumb.jpg.6cef9741af8633a3c57309bba1e01864.jpg

2045572961_GolfShell010.thumb.jpg.89f12e777b5f45f85514449a8ca0c94c.jpg

Never can have enough space though, the Erde 102 looked a bit daft behind it! :lol: 

1224297914_ChinaestateAngels111.thumb.jpg.2d0c0b320edabac3dfb8ebd0e837be50.jpg

I wonder what happened to that car...think it was another one @bashbarnard owned eventually!?

• Like 3

Never owned a red one. Didn't like the laquer peel. Though I did have 3 estates. 3 5 doors and 2 2 doors. The best were the estates. They just drove way better imo. I'd have another if the AC worked and I could run veg. I struggle to.keep.uo with the cost of diesel j do a lot of milage.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So I thought I'd add to this thread as I read it but never post.

Thing I do like
Cars that run veg oil
I miss it. Doing so helped me save for my first house, allowed me to build track cars and even managed to get me into a workshop of my own in the evenings from the savings I made.

Unfortunately my little fiesta is a no go and can't find any good bio supplier round here either.

• Like 1

@TomsFocus I'm curious to why you stuffed a Bush / tree in there and a rear axle 😂. I like those type of plates also but I think it's because it makes people know its a private plate. I was a baby before 2000 so can't remember seeing x reg cars. With me I looked at the X31 as ZAI then KHN is easy to figure out for my surname. 

@bashbarnard I'm sure the fiesta is cheap enough. I pay like £20 of fuel every 3 weeks depending on how much I drive it. 

• Like 1

[mention=58818]TomsFocus[/mention] I'm curious to why you stuffed a Bush / tree in there and a rear axle [emoji23]. I like those type of plates also but I think it's because it makes people know its a private plate. I was a baby before 2000 so can't remember seeing x reg cars. With me I looked at the X31 as ZAI then KHN is easy to figure out for my surname. 
[mention=103164]bashbarnard[/mention] I'm sure the fiesta is cheap enough. I pay like £20 of fuel every 3 weeks depending on how much I drive it. 
My fuel bill is still £150-200 a month depending on how much driving I do. [emoji1787]

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bashbarnard said:

My fuel bill is still £150-200 a month depending on how much driving I do. emoji1787.png

That's better than paying £10 a day like one of my friends do with his R32. I'm sure it's cheaper than the ST you had. 

Did another good deed today. Again I visited the detail shop and something happened 😂

So was near home at a cross junction at the front. I saw this guy in a fiesta turn and hit a kurb (which protects cyclists in their lane 🙄) and burst his tire. He drove slowly up on the kurb to the left of the road. Now I began to think should I help him or not. Decided to turn left, he stopped on a double yellow so played it safe and parked opposite on a little lay by. That was okay thankfully as it said 2 hours max stay. 

Got out my car, crossed the road and asked the guy for help which he did need. The kurb punched a hole in the tire. DSC_0494.thumb.JPG.8f230e8097a8a08c5fd2abb22b822800.JPGDSC_0495.thumb.JPG.1890b3a81eae15e34de4b807a29d068d.JPG

He first used the little wheel wrench (the black wrench above ^) which didn't budge the bolts. Luckily I had my breaker bar in my car so walked back and got that and that managed to move them (the chrome bar on the top picture ^). He jacked the car up and took the bolts off with the breaker bar. Got the spare wheel on and easily put the bolts back on with the bar. He was really happy that he took a picture with me lol and the breaker bar. He had three kids in the car so they are safe. I told him to go to the petrol station (luckily very close) to put air in the spare wheel. Happy to help 😊DSC_0496.thumb.JPG.61efd89dc1c40785fda596a9671be298.JPG

Now this guy used the left lane to queue jump and go right before this happened. I did ask him what lane he was in to confirm then told him to not do that and rush about which he did admit because there was a line of traffic on the right lane. 

• Like 3

On 9/16/2019 at 12:00 PM, TomsFocus said:

One of my FB friends shared that poster yesterday...I can't believe Fall Out Boy & Weezer are still touring!  😮  Still remember being called a 'greebo' for buying the American Idiot album back in 2004...no way was that 15 years ago! :unsure: :laugh:  

15 years today! 😲

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Idiot

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I wonder what happened to that car...think it was another one @bashbarnard owned eventually!?

I think it went to the great scrapheap in the sky around 6 years ago! ☹️

Screenshot_20190920-194936.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Wow, with that, and Zain not remembering X plates I really do feel old now! :unsure:

Time for a midlife crisis car I think! :biggrin:

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

@TomsFocus I'm curious to why you stuffed a Bush / tree in there and a rear axle 😂. I like those type of plates also but I think it's because it makes people know its a private plate. I was a baby before 2000 so can't remember seeing x reg cars. With me I looked at the X31 as ZAI then KHN is easy to figure out for my surname. 

@bashbarnard

That was my Nan's bush trimmings for the dump, I don't just carry round lumps of bush for the sake of it lol! :biggrin: We should start a 'what have you had in yours' thread as I have loads of other pictures like that one! 

The rear axle etc all came off the MK4 Golf I broke for parts...more or less had the entire Golf in that car! :lol:

2001 cars were still common in 2011 lol! :tongue: My first was an R reg, 1997! 😮

2 hours ago, bashbarnard said:

My fuel bill is still £150-200 a month depending on how much driving I do. emoji1787.png

How do you manage that!?  That's like 2k a month? 😮

1 minute ago, Turvey said:

I think it went to the great scrapheap in the sky around 6 years ago! ☹️

Screenshot_20190920-194936.png

Ah, yeah, I know it was scrapped a few years ago.  It was a mates car that I borrowed for a few months after fixing it for him...he bought it cheap with no clutch lol, then my Golf blew up and I was too poor to buy anything else until I'd sold some of the parts!  I thought Bash took the Shell for scrap in the end but looks like he didn't...  Maybe I did help to break that one as well, I've broken so many I lose track!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

513706491_EstateClean41012019.thumb.jpg.85755458a434588fce0a7269a9955630.jpg

2045572961_GolfShell010.thumb.jpg.89f12e777b5f45f85514449a8ca0c94c.jpg

😂 this has made my day 

Boot full of weed 😂 I'm not a smoker personally but it does look funny 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Lenny said:

😂 this has made my day 

Boot full of weed 😂 I'm not a smoker personally but it does look funny 

It's just for personal use, officer. :wink:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

It's just for personal use, officer. :wink:

• Like 3

What did I jut watch
More importantly
Where can I watch more
@TomsFocus I don't know. I just do milage. Usually bung £30 in a week of normal driving just to work and ferrying son about. Not including evening outings weekend stuff etc.

Also it looks.like a boot of weed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, bashbarnard said:

What did I jut watch
More importantly
Where can I watch more
@TomsFocus I don't know. I just do milage. Usually bung £30 in a week of normal driving just to work and ferrying son about. Not including evening outings weekend stuff etc.

Also it looks.like a boot of weed.

Heres another good one 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Heres another good one 

This and the gummy bear video I like 😂🐻

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, bashbarnard said:

Wait...you don't keep a spreadsheet of all fills and mileage covered to accurately calculate MPG and pence per mile? 😮   Just me then... :tongue: 

So far (14 months) the Golf has averaged 54mpg and 11p per mile. 🤓  I am on a super low budget now though so have to work out the estimated cost of every trip and decide whether I can justify that or not.  I wish I was one of those people that just randomly puts fuel in and drives without worrying about it! :laugh: 

• Like 1

Wait...you don't keep a spreadsheet of all fills and mileage covered to accurately calculate MPG and pence per mile? [emoji50]   Just me then... :tongue: 
So far (14 months) the Golf has averaged 54mpg and 11p per mile. [emoji851]  I am on a super low budget now though so have to work out the estimated cost of every trip and decide whether I can justify that or not.  I wish I was one of those people that just randomly puts fuel in and drives without worrying about it! [emoji23] 
I can't put money in and not worry. I have a mortgage and child to pay for [emoji23]. No I don't keep a spread sheet. I have an app on my phone that I used to use per tank and worked out the mpg. Mainly just to keep an eye on sudden drops. Mine gets between 45-57 mpg depending on how I drive and how many tools I am carrying that week.

• Like 1

My car from looking at the trip computer stays at around 50mpg. I don't do much mileage so won't mind getting a petrol. 

Yesterday out in my clean car 😂. Just feels nice driving with a clean car. 

DSC_0487.JPG

DSC_0490.JPG

DSC_0491.JPG

• Like 3

I do like that after 24 hours of charging the Citroen's battery is showing 13.2v!!  And that's over 24 hours after turning off the charger so it is holding above 12v which I am hoping means good news.

I'll put it back in the car today and see how it drops when the engine is cranking over.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like that after 24 hours of charging the Citroen's battery is showing 13.2v!!  And that's over 24 hours after turning off the charger so it is holding above 12v which I am hoping means good news.

I'll put it back in the car today and see how it drops when the engine is cranking over.

Is the battery and or charger good? Just wondering although when my battery on my car was a little drained I'd say I waited overnight for the battery to charge and start the car. 

New sprung bed with an aeroplane teething toy attached 

Don think we will be doing any walks today lol

20190921_143827.thumb.jpg.ace8d73d63eeeaf8ed6a02d9f5a1aa16.jpg

20190921_164240.thumb.jpg.53fec0d109ff07c0ab7e9174adfac3fb.jpg

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club