Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

1 hour ago, GMX said:

:shocking:

This chap between two slice of bread?

720163-Zoom.jpg

59 minutes ago, Cookey09 said:

Haha! I know Laurie can you not read his tag? 😂😂

12 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Suppose it's cheaper than strong Whiskey 😅

:laugh: Paddington bear sandwiches = marmalade sandwiches, in my case strong marmalade, don't knock it, tissue very Yummy!  Had them since I was little as a treat every now and then

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cookey09 said:

1 hour ago, laumk7 said:

I do like Paddington bear sandwiches after a long and stressful day :biggrin:

Just as an info point. The original Padding bear factory was only half a mile from my home. Sadly it was demolished a month ago. 

1 hour ago, GMX said:

:shocking:

This chap between two slice of bread?

720163-Zoom.jpg

1 hour ago, Cookey09 said:

22 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Suppose it's cheaper than strong Whiskey 😅

:laugh: Paddington bear sandwiches = marmalade sandwiches, in my case strong marmalade, don't knock it, tis very Yummy!  Had them since I was little as a treat every now and then

6 minutes ago, Joss max said:

Just as an info point. The original Padding bear factory was only half a mile from my home. Sadly it was demolished a month ago. 

:sad:

34 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

:laugh: Paddington bear sandwiches = marmalade sandwiches, in my case strong marmalade, don't knock it, tissue very Yummy!  Had them since I was little as a treat every now and then

Marmalade works particularly well on fruit scones with clotted cream,  I discovered upon running out of jam:smile:

Wasn't Paddington Bear, or rather the merchandising rights to the Paddington Bear brand, that made Jeremy Clarkson's parent's business into a global one.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, GMX said:

Marmalade works particularly well on fruit scones with clotted cream,  I discovered upon running out of jam:smile:

Wasn't Paddington Bear, or rather the merchandising rights to the Paddington Bear brand, that made Jeremy Clarkson's parent's business into a global one.

Ooh I ought to try the scones with clotted cream idea, sounds like a reasonable excuse 

I believe it was, the original bear is half his and half his sister Joanna's , he's joked on TV about her having the bottom half or something :lol:

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, iantt said:

its that time of the year to pick the blackberries ready for blackberry brandy. damsons will be next, for damson gin. 

1471287454418-962580870.jpg

I used to make litres of various fruit infused and macerated spirits.:smile: 

There's still a litre of apricot vodka made in 1996, still in the Kilner jar complete with apricots, at the back of one my cupboards.  I keep forgetting it's there:mellow:

Do you do any of the infused zest ones, like Fladderak or Schilletje, on a gin/eau de vie base?

no to whetever you just said lol. care enlighten us what you just said

1 hour ago, iantt said:

its that time of the year to pick the blackberries ready for blackberry brandy. damsons will be next, for damson gin. 

1471287454418-962580870.jpg

My Grandad had loads of Damson trees planted around the edge of his fields on the farm when i was growing up,

Quite miss them in recent years 

large stone in them, my grandmother used to make damson jam 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iantt said:

Who? What? Where?

• Like 1

my dad had an orchard full of damsons, !Removed! things, picking the dam damsons took ages to fill a 12lb tray. and they all had to be picked to stop the wasps congregating before stinging me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iantt said:

1 hour ago, laumk7 said:

Who? What? Where?

When I find my log books, I can let you have exact the recipes if you want:smile:, but they're not were I thought they were :unsure:

Fladderak (pronounced fladder -rack) is lemon zest macerated in gin and then sweetened later. Off the top of my head, it's the zest of four lemons, placed in a large Kilner jar and topped up with gin to the shoulder of the jar.  Agitated every day for a month or so.  It's then strained and filter through a coffee filter on to white sugar, at the rate of 115gm sugar per 70cl bottle

Whereas Schilletje (pronounced schill key) is lemon and bitter orange zest with a piece of cinnamon macerated in eau de vie (white brandy)  Here it's the zest of 2 lemons and 2 oranges and a piece of cinnamon bark. Seville oranges if you can't get the bitter ones. this time the spirit is the French eau de vie (aka white brandy) or failing that vodka. Agitated daily, again for month or so.  It's then strained and filtered on to the sugar. This is made sweeter than fladderak, the sugar rate is 150gm to 70cl bottle

I have experimented with other citrus fruit with the fladderak recipe, some worked well (grapefruit, citrons, kumquats, limes and pomelo), some OK (mandarin oranges, ortanique)  and some not (ugli fruit and satsuma despite their fragrant skins) firstly it was a pain to scrape all the pith from loose skins from the inside out and then the fragrance failed to carry itself into the spirit. 

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

My Grandad had loads of Damson trees planted around the edge of his fields on the farm when i was growing up,

Quite miss them in recent years 

large stone in them, my grandmother used to make damson jam 

1 hour ago, iantt said:

my dad had an orchard full of damsons, !Removed! things, picking the dam damsons took ages to fill a 12lb tray. and they all had to be picked to stop the wasps congregating before stinging me.

...and i recall, it takes even longer to stone each and every one reserving 10% of the stones to put back in later, when recreating Chateau neuf de Pape, without using any grapes (12lbs damson, 4lbs elderberries, 2lbs morello cherries (also stoned) 2lbs blackberries)

• Like 1

I do like boylans cream soda from the American section in tescos, it's what cream soda should taste like

• Like 1

I do like the fact that today is Mine and Lynn's 36th wedding anniversary. :thumbup::jawdrop:

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Joss max said:

I do like the fact that today is Mine and Lynn's 36th wedding anniversary. :thumbup::jawdrop:

Now I know this is shouting as such but CONGRATULATIONS!!!:yahoo::wine::toot:

• Like 1

Went to Knockhill on Sunday for the BTCC. Lovley day out, much noiser than I thought it would be! (Had to go buy ear plugs...)

I am now undecided on what colour to respray my car. I've always love the newer shade of tangerine scream, and had planned on getting my car resprayed that colour in a couple of years time. Now however, I've found that all out yellow is rather nice too! 

28722026930_a57c1bdd3f.jpg

• Like 3

Rather than a full respray which is going to cost untold amounts of money and time to do properly, not to mention appear as a change of colour on vehicle documents which will in turn get buyers wondering if the car has been in an accident.  

Why not go the vinyl wrap route? Cheaper , easier. And can be removed if you want the old colour back.

Gotta agree though if I were ever to get a focus (which unlikely as I'm a fiesta fan), it'd be in tangerine scream 

• Like 2

There are a few reason for waiting a few years before I respray it - 1. wait till finance is paid off. 2. make sure the car is what I want, and will last. 
The plan is I keep the car until it no longer works pretty much, so I am not concerned with resale issues. However, on the V5 it is down as yellow (it is that weird green/yellow colour just now). Apparently tangerine scream is also classed as yellow, so no need to change the V5 anyways :-)

The paint work is rather icky due to it being covered in stickers in a previous life. So I will need to do something about it if I decided to keep the car long term.I thought about vinyl, but I really like the depth that real paint gives. And I wouldn't want the old colour back :-) 
Ahh... tangerine scream body, black roof, replace the chrome trim with black and redo the alloys in some for of grey/black. Can't wait :D 

• Like 3

Yeh I see what you mean when you put it that way, back when I test drove a titanium before putting the order in and purchasing my old titanium x, it was that hot mustard colour, so I can definitely see why you'd want to change it lol.

As you're going to be the cars only keeper are you going to go for a full 'proper' respray or just the visual bits?

Lol yea hot mustered is the name! I keep calling it baby sick... :-) Which is bad, as I don't completely dislike the colour, it is just a bit too odd. Even for me.

I'll be getting it done properly, engine bay, door shuts and all that. Otherwise it will simply annoy me when I inevitably see the old colour at times. There are a few body shops around where I live, so I'll have a choice of where to get it done. Which will be nice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arwen said:

Lol yea hot mustered is the name! I keep calling it baby sick... :-) Which is bad, as I don't completely dislike the colour, it is just a bit too odd. Even for me.

Lol glad I'm not the only one, I called it baby pooh as that's the same yellowy green colour :lol:

Good to hear you're doing it properly, best of luck with it mate :smile:

• Like 1

I do like seeing the new local Mustang again, still unsure where it comes from though. it went past us, just as Brandy and I were concluding her morning stroll. coming down the hill behind my house.  It is the 5.0L version. 

2 hours ago, Joss max said:

Congratulations Joss (and Lynn) :biggrin::yahoo:

1 hour ago, laumk7 said:

Gotta agree though if I were ever to get a focus (which unlikely as I'm a fiesta fan), it'd be in tangerine scream 

That would be my ideal colour too, if I ever get round to getting an ST Estate

• Like 3

I like the 2016 5.0 litre mustang parked outside our place today....would love to have a go hahaha....

although 5 L's seems a bit like an expensive run around.... I looked them up and saw they do a 2.3l ecoboost...even though it's still a big engine...sounds like nothing compared to a 5 L :lol:

Pics to follow...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ianb said:

I like the 2016 5.0 litre mustang parked outside our place today....would love to have a go hahaha....

although 5 L's seems a bit like an expensive run around.... I looked them up and saw they do a 2.3l ecoboost...even though it's still a big engine...sounds like nothing compared to a 5 L :lol:

Pics to follow...

I sat in the one they had at FordFair. I was amazed at how comfortable it was. Could happily do a good few hours driving in it. In fact, out of the Edge, Mustang, RS and ST, I found it staggering how much more uncomfortable the ST seats were in comparison to the other 3.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club