Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

What I like today, or rather yesterday lol, was getting a new dashcam for mine and my husband's cars. I'm still going to keep the mobius as a rear facing cam but I've got a smart new nextbase one for the front :D

AND

I've brought my sub fitting forward to a week Monday

AND

I see my eldest and only boy today :D

A co-worker has got a dash-cam fitted recently too, they seem to be getting very popular. My only worry is that in some countries (not sure if the UK is included?) the police/courts can refuse to take any footage into account.

Police will always take dashcam footage into consideration.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

A co-worker has got a dash-cam fitted recently too, they seem to be getting very popular. My only worry is that in some countries (not sure if the UK is included?) the police/courts can refuse to take any footage into account.

When someone drove into my Mum last month, both the police and then her insurer asked her, "did she have any dashcam footage, of the collision?"

Today's walk with dog, along the road with takeaways and restuarants, yielded £14.25 in loose change off the pavement, :) down on Wednesday's collection.

We did however, go down to quay around the ferry terminal, where from some of the change gathered, I acquired some mackerel, from an angler, for her tea. :) She does like an oily fish, from time to time :)

• Like 1

What I like today, or rather yesterday lol, was getting a new dashcam for mine and my husband's cars. I'm still going to keep the mobius as a rear facing cam but I've got a smart new nextbase one for the front :D

AND

I've brought my sub fitting forward to a week Monday

AND

I see my eldest and only boy today :D

Obviously it wouldn't be the first time common sense hasn't prevailed, but it would seem awfully daft for dashcam footage to not be taken into consideration... If it's on video and it shows the picture clearly and true then it would be really silly not to consider it...

• Like 1

Obviously it wouldn't be the first time common sense hasn't prevailed, but it would seem awfully daft for dashcam footage to not be taken into consideration... If it's on video and it shows the picture clearly and true then it would be really silly not to consider it...

As I said, it was just something I thought I had heard, but maybe not. I know of someone in Canada who had footage of a collision and the police officer said to him that he knew what the footage meant but legally could not take it into account.

• Like 2

As I said, it was just something I thought I had heard, but maybe not. I know of someone in Canada who had footage of a collision and the police officer said to him that he knew what the footage meant but legally could not take it into account.

Oh I don't doubt you, I just mean that in the past, common sense doesn't always prevail, regardless of how ludicrous it sounds..

• Like 1

The feeling upon entering a warm house :) , having taken the dog out in what felt like -5°C; but probably wasn't; such is a north wind.

The failure to place a hat on, contributed to an overall frozen ear/numb head sensation.

The feeling upon entering a warm house :) , having taken the dog out in what felt like -5°C; but probably wasn't; such is a north wind.

The failure to place a hat on, contributed to an overall frozen ear/numb head sensation.

Haha, sounds nice! Just checked the thermostat, it's 14.5 degrees in our house... Admittedly it's a building site bar our room (which I'd guess is like 16 degrees or something)..

It's 18°C in here, but as I came in it felt 30°C particularly around the ears :)

You doing a restoration then? Literally living were you work?

I like discovering today that the Primera has a security feature, whereby if you unlock the door/doors but don't make an attempt to enter then in around 30 seconds (didn't time it precisely) it will automatically re-lock.

Would be very useful if you accidentally pressed the unlock button (even inside the house as it will lock/unlock from the living room).

• Like 1

My Mum's Mk1 Zetec has that, I assume the Mk2 Foci do too; but haven't checked yet.

You have remember when servicing it, and need to go in the cab from time to time, to leave the door ajar. Otherwise it keeps locking itself. :mellow:

However, it is good security feature. :)

Mk 2 does indeed have that function along with my Mk 3.5 so assume Mk 3 does too.

The car only auto relocks if no doors are opened after unlocking.

• Like 2

It's 18°C in here, but as I came in it felt 30°C particularly around the ears :)

You doing a restoration then? Literally living were you work?

Yup, big restoration project, it was a b&b but it needed work, it'll be reopening again as a 'private hotel' (won't serve evening meals, so effectively a b&b, but we're looking to add in a few more comforts)

• Like 1

Mk 2 does indeed have that function along with my Mk 3.5 so assume Mk 3 does too.

The car only auto relocks if no doors are opened after unlocking.

That's good to know :)

• Like 1

Yup, big restoration project, it was a b&b but it needed work, it'll be reopening again as a 'private hotel' (won't serve evening meals, so effectively a b&b, but we're looking to add in a few more comforts)

Will you be a dog friendly Private Hotel, when you reopen?

We do like properly dog friendly hotels & actively search them out, there's surprisingly a lot in the U.K.

• Like 1

Hrrrrrmmmmmm at this stage we aren't sure. It used to be dog friendly and we have a dog... However the clientèle before were not exactly the right kind of people..(Clives colleagues visited this building regularly).. I believe we even had a 'pimp and two hoes' trying to book some rooms once.... And as such that kind of level of person who also owns a dog is a recipe for disaster...

We had some good dog owners and some abysmal ones and the reality is bad customers can do a lot of damage, so give a bad customer a dog that really only works within boundaries set by the owners and the damage can be horrendous...

So it might be something that we introduce gradually, but at the early stages, I'm leaning towards 'no' sadly...

It's a typical case of one person spoiling it for the rest of us, but I'm not sure we can afford the risk early on.

• Like 1

I like discovering today that the Primera has a security feature, whereby if you unlock the door/doors but don't make an attempt to enter then in around 30 seconds (didn't time it precisely) it will automatically re-lock.

Would be very useful if you accidentally pressed the unlock button (even inside the house as it will lock/unlock from the living room).

Most cars do this. It's a good feature, but can be annoying if you don't get to the door in time!

I think mindel might have this feature, though I need to set her back to as built and tweak bit... Its been a while.

I do like giggling at a old man (80's), as he exited / I entered tesco.

It's a tight turning as it is so I stopped early to let him through and he waved at me to go another way so I shook my head no and pointed out he had plenty of room, same again so I turned off my engine (should've kept it going for what happened next really - re dashcam), a few cars beeped him including a woman in front of me in a 4x4, she also gestured him that a bus could get through there...

After much fussing and more waving he made it through so I turned car back on and applauded him cue much obscenities and cursing from the old man woman in 4x4 was agog with shock, I had my window closed so couldn't 100% hear him properly anyway :lol:

Then he finally passed, as the woman in the 4x4 passed she said there was no need for him to say all that etc!

We do like properly dog friendly hotels & actively search them out, there's surprisingly a lot in the U.K.

You don't happen to have a directory of them? The dog and I rarely go anywhere that might involve an overnight stay, unless of course, we're staying with friends, as I'm unaware of dog friendly hotels. I know loads of self-catering cottages but not actual hotels.

I think mindel might have this feature, though I need to set her back to as built and tweak bit... Its been a while.

Who or what is Mindel?

My Mondeo :)

That makes more sense, did wonder if Mindel was a women/wife/girlfriend, but then your subsequent post then made no sense!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club