Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

I've been on Ebay for over 20 years now, I'm so old, that I remember you use to have an 'option' to pay for an item by cheque! LOL

Lol. Came across my cheque book last week whilst hunting down the elusive Elm327 cable that was hiding under the laptop. 

Can't remember the last I used the cheque book tbh.

6 minutes ago, Wino said:

My 84 year old mum only uses her cheque book for bill payments, hasn't got one single DD to her name! She just paid her BT bill last week with one I wrote out on her behalf!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wino said:

They're good for swatting flies on the window...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

My 84 year old mum only uses her cheque book for bill payments, hasn't got one single DD to her name! She just paid her BT bill last week with one I wrote out on her behalf!

Your mum has done well. I thought I was bad with so few DD's only have 3.

Council Tax ( cough spit), Life insurance and mobile phone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wino said:

Your mum has done well. I thought I was bad with so few DD's only have 3.

Council Tax ( cough spit), Life insurance and mobile phone.

I went into Nationwide recently, the cashier asked me if I would like a cheque book ha ha👍

• Like 1

Just now, williamweb said:

I went into Nationwide recently, the cashier asked me if I would like a cheque book ha ha👍

Ironically that's who mine is with 😄

• Like 1

Just had a look and wrote 2 x cheques in 2021, one for a gutter repair, and one for a plumber. Don't use it much but it does have it's uses...

5 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Just had a look and wrote 2 x cheques in 2021, one for a gutter repair, and one for a plumber. Don't use it much but it does have it's uses...

Surely they’re classified as cash in the hand jobs ha ha😜

Can't remember the last time I 'went in' to any bank...  Mobile banking apps have made banking so much more accessible for me personally.  I don't even know where my closest current account branch is located now I think about it...was switched over online and managed on mobile ever since! :unsure:

Last time would probably have been a Nationwide branch though.  I had to use their self service machines to pay in cheques from pensioners that don't realise how difficult it is for the recipient to actually use them. :rolleyes:  Thankfully one of the apps I use now allows cheques to be paid in through that from home.  

Just now, williamweb said:

Surely they’re cash classified as cash in the hand jobs ha ha😜

Both of them specifically requested a cheque! I'm a huge 'cash' fan, who the h*ll likes giving the government any more money than absolutely necessary. They only squander it! (£750 Million on a media campaign to scare the bejesus out of the population on Covid for example!!)

2 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Both of them specifically requested a cheque! I'm a huge 'cash' fan, who the h*ll likes giving the government any more money than absolutely necessary. They only squander it! (£750 Million on a media campaign to scare the bejesus out of the population on Covid for example!!)

Stop jumping on my last post before I edit it ha ha👍

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

Can't remember the last time I 'went in' to any bank...  Mobile banking apps have made banking so much more accessible for me personally.  I don't even know where my closest current account branch is located now I think about it...was switched over online and managed on mobile ever since! :unsure:

Last time would probably have been a Nationwide branch though.  I had to use their self service machines to pay in cheques from pensioners that don't realise how difficult it is for the recipient to actually use them. :rolleyes:  Thankfully one of the apps I use now allows cheques to be paid in through that from home.  

The better half has an account with Lloyd's and that only gets used for paying in cheques like you said above Tom. It allows you to take a photo and upload to the online banking and jobs done. A very handy feature 👍

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Wino said:

The better half has an account with Lloyd's and that only gets used for paying in cheques like you said above Tom. It allows you to take a photo and upload to the online banking and jobs done. A very handy feature 👍

Yes, but there is a £1000 limit which I discovered in trying that function last month - still had to make a walk in visit with the bit of paper LOL

570829117_chequeimage.thumb.jpg.0bc433aa63e74004d4706c19b11a0c42.jpg

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Now, do you mean, you 'made an offer' and it was accepted? Otherwise, your post is very confusing LOL 🤣

I didn't think you could make an offer on the Emerald site, anyway edited what i wrote, i do know a few who have tried these and still going strong.

They emailed me a 20% offer, so it made them £15 cheaper, so trying some as mine don't work at all.

.... That made a few replies..........🤣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

...i do know a few who have tried these and still going strong.

Ironically at the time I was going to buy a set for my Focus, got quite a few forum members tell me of horror stories of them, so just bought standard ones at a cost of £12, that was over a year ago and they still work. Best of luck with your new purchase...

5 hours ago, Wino said:

Lol. Came across my cheque book last week whilst hunting down the elusive Elm327 cable that was hiding under the laptop. 

I've got a cheque book gathering dust.  I know the last time I used it as the stubb shows 2009 date, and cheque book has 2006 date over it. 

13 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Ironically at the time I was going to buy a set for my Focus, got quite a few forum members tell me of horror stories of them, so just bought standard ones at a cost of £12, that was over a year ago and they still work. Best of luck with your new purchase...

I have had a few second hand sets and even put a thread on here about them,they never lift the hatch up it sticks on half way,never tried new ones.

I have read a few stories on here about the latch problems and the bracket but ford prices are mad,i like the auto opening but main reason is to hold open to be honest,i think in some cases you have to try your self,we will see in time.

1 hour ago, jace1969 said:

.. but ford prices are mad,i like the auto opening but main reason is to hold open to be honest...

TBH, I never even considered genuine Ford ones! I just got cheap 'copy' ones, and they took a week or 2 to break in, they were that strong I could barely close the hatch LOL But like I say, after a year of regular use, the £12 ones are just great,  no difference to the originals (apart from that they work LOL)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StephenFord said:

TBH, I never even considered genuine Ford ones! I just got cheap 'copy' ones, and they took a week or 2 to break in, they were that strong I could barely close the hatch LOL But like I say, after a year of regular use, the £12 ones are just great,  no difference to the originals (apart from that they work LOL)

Where did you get them from,i have tried 2 pairs and they work better but i wish mine would lift the hatch up good.

2 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

Where did you get them from,i have tried 2 pairs and they work better but i wish mine would lift the hatch up good.

I just bought them on eBay, there were loads of listings for a Mk2! Pretty sure they were all made in the same Chinese factory LOL

13 hours ago, StephenFord said:

I just bought them on Ebay, there were loads of listings for a Mk2! Pretty sure they were all made in the same Chinese factory LOL

I think someone before must have put a brick in my hatch, it always sticks on half way,i can lift it and it sticks where i stop.

Some are better than others,this is why I'm trying these and £15 cheaper.

I will have to laugh if it opens normal not auto,we will see as they're arriving today.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jace1969 said:

it always sticks on half way,i can lift it and it sticks where i stop.

Isn’t that what they’re meant to do, hold the weight of the tailgate? Being cold at the moment is going to make them appear weaker.

6 minutes ago, MarksST said:

Isn’t that what they’re meant to do, hold the weight of the tailgate?

... if working properly, they should raise the tailgate to the full height allowed by the hinge, even when cold, they should still do it albeit a little slower...

6 hours ago, MarksST said:

Isn’t that what they’re meant to do, hold the weight of the tailgate? Being cold at the moment is going to make them appear weaker.

It's been doing it for over 12 months and tried all sorts,it should not stick it should lift it to the limit as stephenford  said but slower these just stick.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club