Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

4 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

some schemey little website has been publishing some of my guides

The Internet is a wild and woolly place, but nicking stuff in bulk, without any credit, is pretty bad. And they probably hope to bump up their advertising revenue by having these guides!

It does get the guides read, but there really should be credit to the author. I can see the amount of work that went into them.

Their "contact us" link at the bottom of their page did come up with a 'contact an administrator' window. I think I would try to get the pdf's they have nicked replaced by ones containing links back to you, or at least author details.

Launching Denial Of service attacks could be a bit nuclear, they might have friends in low places!ohmy.png

I have got a couple of little pdfs lurking about this site somewhere, I must try to edit some source info into them.

But I did find a neat Forscan guide there that they seem to have also nicked from here. It is the same as on jeebowhite (james)'s tutorial page. I had been looking (rather briefly) for one of those for a member of this site. Trouble with this site, it is so big stuff gets buried & lost. And the site search engine seems useless. I just use Google to search it.

A strong request from the site administrators & authors here might bear fruit, but a DOS attack, or spamming them might be more fun :laugh:?

Edited by Tdci-Peter
Located author of stolen Forscan guide!
  • Like 3

I'm game for spamming them...

• Like 2

I don't like that following the camouflaged rabbit hole tripping incident, my left ankle now clicks like bubble wrap popping every time I move it. :sad: A quick Google calls it "Acute Peroneal Tendon Subluxation" which is quite a grand name for a sprain:laugh:

Not really a don't like, but an irksome incident, Brandy acquired and opened a bag of tangy cheese Doritos, that I'd left on the worktop for snacking later.  I came down to make a cup of tea and found her, surrounded by largely uneaten and stood upon doritos together with a ripped open bag:ohmy: 

Clearly the cheesiness was enough to draw her to use Bunty's stools as a ladder and then pull them off: but not cheesy enough for her to eat. 

15 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

And they probably hope to bump up their advertising revenue by having these guides!

Contacting their advertisers, might prove fruitful: what business wants to be associated with a site that breaches copyright and intellectual property legislation.

15 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

A strong request from the site administrators & authors here might bear fruit, but a DOS attack, or spamming them might be more fun :laugh:?

A variant on the traditional cease and desist letter to what they're currently doing. Until they credit the guides as original works by Clive and Sean etc.

There are seven occurances of Brett Pittaway on 192.com, three of whom are the same individual, with different addresses at different times.  Although anyone can register a .co.uk domain, so it doesn't follow that "http://www.freefordradiocode.co.uk" is owned as a Brit

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GMX said:

but a DOS attack, or spamming them might be more fun

Well, that is not true, I said it, and Ghana just quoted it!

But before I stand accused of bringing the good (?, hopefully not too bad, anyway) name of fordownersclub.com into disrepute, I was not being serious about sparking a cyber war between websites.

Probably better to settle the matter amicably, and allow links to exist between the sites to everyone's advantage.

That is unless the mysterious Brett turns out to be a mastermind criminal, with links to the Russian mafia, intent on undermining the West, and turning all our car radios into mini time bombs.ohmy.png Then it is no holds barred!laugh.png

• Like 2

Clive just email him from your pnn address that should scare the sh*t out of him

See my parts for sale on thread "philf1s Spirit Blue Fiesta ST180 parts for sale"

• Like 5

I don't like being unable to correlate my money with my plans...  When I have money, I have no plans.  But as soon as I form plans, the money is gone.  Go figure!

• Like 1

I also don't like my rear L-plate fading from red to pink after only a couple of weeks of use...  As they say - buy cheap and you buy twice.

I don't like whilst changing into a pair of gardening jeans, putting my big toe through what had been a small hole in the knee area, and now is a massive gaping chasm:sad:,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GMX said:

I don't like whilst changing into a pair of gardening jeans, putting my big toe through what had been a small hole in the knee area, and no is a massive gaping chasm:sad:,

That has happened to me many times.  Hence why I now buy Levis which rarely develop holes let alone tear.

These were one of three pairs of Lee Cooper, now assigned to gardening and car cleaning duties.

It's usually the crotch I find fails first, often in March when I'm astride the wide potato rows

I find Wranglers are pretty tough, that's what most of mine are (my wardrobe is like a cartoon one with like 5 pairs of identical jeans lol), also got a pair of Levis recently though so will see how they wear.  The Tesco £4 are worse value for money the decent ones with the speed they fail!  That said, I've been using some Burtons ones for heavy car work, gardening and DIY for a few years, being washed at least once every week and showing no signs of wear yet.

• Like 1

My wardrobe is a miscellanea of brands:laugh:

Recent purchases were Asos, Wrangler and a brand of not heard of before Western Trading Co. 

Following a teenage incident with a metal zip and some delicate skin: I've always bought button flies:laugh:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like being unable to correlate my money with my plans...  When I have money, I have no plans.  But as soon as I form plans, the money is gone.  Go figure!

YOu and me both, I finally got paid at dinnertime today and technically I can't spend any of it as it's all gone on bills lol

18 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I find Wranglers are pretty tough, that's what most of mine are (my wardrobe is like a cartoon one with like 5 pairs of identical jeans lol), also got a pair of Levis recently though so will see how they wear.  The Tesco £4 are worse value for money the decent ones with the speed they fail!  That said, I've been using some Burtons ones for heavy car work, gardening and DIY for a few years, being washed at least once every week and showing no signs of wear yet.

Best jeans I've had for longetivity are from primark.  I usually work my cloths that if they don't fit or they're looking a bit worse for wear they get demoted to going to play with cow poo.  Just demoted some !Removed! ones that I'll currently wearing and they are already ripping around the crotch.  Next ones are awful for wearing as well, demoted 4 pairs of next jeans to work jeans(all 36 waist, I'm now a 32) and they've all ended up in the charity bag as they've all ripped

10 minutes ago, GMX said:

My wardrobe is a miscellanea of brands:laugh:

Recent purchases were Asos, Wrangler and a brand of not heard of before Western Trading Co. 

Following a teenage incident with a metal zip and some delicate skin: I've always bought button flies:laugh:

I tend to shop at next, or Ben Sherman at Cheshire oaks.  I always have button fly as well for the exact same reason as you, was living at nan and grandads at the time.  Nan shouts me, " Matt why have you got blood in your underwear", caught myself in my zip nan.  All I heard was Grandad peeing himself laughing lol

• Like 3

I buy all my clothes online apart from underwear, for which Tesco have met my needs.

13 hours ago, GMX said:

I buy all my clothes online apart from underwear, for which Tesco have met my needs.

I get the boxers that are tight at the bottom(on your legs) as being on a farm all the time, if they aren't tight at the bottom I'm spending most of the day with my finger down trousers pulling out a wedgie lol.  And Next are the only place that seem to do boxers like that, that actually last.  I've had some from Tesco, Matalan, George/Asda, Primark, loads of places and they've all gone really loose at the bottom so ride up whenever I lean/bend down.  Get given some weird looks lol.

• Like 1

On 06/07/2016 at 1:23 PM, Preecematt said:

I get the boxers that are tight at the bottom(on your legs) as being on a farm all the time, if they aren't tight at the bottom I'm spending most of the day with my finger down trousers pulling out a wedgie lol.  And Next are the only place that seem to do boxers like that, that actually last.  I've had some from Tesco, Matalan, George/Asda, Primark, loads of places and they've all gone really loose at the bottom so ride up whenever I lean/bend down.  Get given some weird looks lol.

Loose boxers are seriously uncomfortable!!! I don't understand how anyone can avoid them riding up... I have maybe 3-4 pairs of them that are my last resort boxers. I swear if I didn't spend the day trying to pull them back down they'd end up like a sodding boat mankini!

• Like 1

I'd like to grab the little pleb I've had to deal with at the insurance company for our place and strangle him with his telephone cord!

Hmmm wait, maybe this should be in the 'like' thread....

• Like 1

I don't like misreading the expected delivery date when selecting a delivery method for an eBay item. :sad:

I read it as free delivery by courier for Friday 8th, this was was incorrect,:sad:

it's Friday 15th for free delivery and Friday 8th for paid for express delivery.  Unfortunately, i only noticed this after I had paid.  There were other sellers who had it, who would send it tomorrow with free delivery by RM 1st class. The seller hasn't responded to my email requesting a further invoice to upgrade the delivery to express next day.

45 minutes ago, Ianb said:

Loose boxers are seriously uncomfortable!!! I don't understand how anyone can avoid them riding up... I have maybe 3-4 pairs of them that are my last resort boxers. I swear if I didn't spend the day trying to pull them back down they'd end up like a sodding boat mankini!

it was a case of loose boxers that ultimately cost the Poole Grammar School U15's,  the school cricket championship,

My brother, their star batsman found his running was being increasingly hampered by the ever tightening wedgie, that his loose boxer had ridden themselves up into. With a single run needed to clinch it, now running awkwardly (not unlike Monty Pythons Ministry of silly walks) and slightly slower than he usually did, a metre from the wicket - he was run out!

Ironically, it was one of the few occasions my Dad had been local enough to watch him play; or as it turned out to be, let the team down with a loose boxer related wedgie:laugh:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ianb said:

I've got about 10, 3 are black with an orange strip on the band & the rest are grey & stripey.  That's what it's like for me lol, every time I pull my trousers up or my waterproofs up, get into the tractor or climb over a gate I'm singing Soprano.  

• Like 1

The other issue with loose boxers is putting socks on and 'falling out'...can do without that first thing in the morning! :unsure: 

My don't like today is this incessant sticky, humid heat we've had this week.  Can cope for a day or two, or warm days with cool nights, but the nights have been awful this week. :sad: 

I don't like how unnecessarily humid: yet windless  it is today, so much so, it woke me up, way too early this morning (4:15am).:sad:

Even now with all the windows open, there's insufficient breeze to lessen the universal stickiness:sad:

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

My don't like today is this incessant sticky, humid heat we've had this week.

It's not just Suffolk now, it came to Dorset overnight

57 minutes ago, GMX said:

universal stickiness .... it came to Dorset overnight

Not this bit of Dorset:biggrin:

Over in W Dorset, and a 100 or so metres higher, it is rather lovely. Clear sun, slight breeze, not too hot!

Though usually when everyone else is sitting outside on a warm evening, we are freezing. You can't win them all I suppose, but it sounds like I am winning todaysmile.png i'd better make the best of, it won't last long.

• Like 1

I have a very odd message from UK Mail who were supposed to be delivering a next day delivery item today.  I'd ordered an item with next day delivery, yesterday morning

The parcel tracking showed it yesterday at 3pm "awaiting collection by UK Mail", the same at 7pm and again at 10pm.  i thought, oh someone's forgotten to update the tracking and didn't think anything more of it.  It was still showing the same this morning! :sad:  and this afternoon:sad:

I then got an email from UK Mail, saying whilst your parcel was booked in for collection yesterday and delivery today.  We've been unable to collect it, or rather our driver couldn't get a response from the sellers depot, the place was locked up and not a soul was around.  My parcel is apparently one of 18 next day delivery parcels and 47 economy parcels that were booked for collection. 

I've got no emails from the seller though, as of yet.  Perhaps they're having a family crisis or something, but it's a business rather than an individual, so you'd think they've have staff around:mellow:

5 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

Not this bit of Dorset:biggrin:

Over in W Dorset, and a 100 or so metres higher, it is rather lovely. Clear sun, slight breeze, not too hot!

Though usually when everyone else is sitting outside on a warm evening, we are freezing. You can't win them all I suppose, but it sounds like I am winning todaysmile.png i'd better make the best of, it won't last long.

We've acquired a southerly breeze this afternoon which is an improvement:smile:

Don't like the new terms that are coming info effect at work at the start of August.  Currently I'm on £7.50p/h for 39 hours then anything after that is £11 & bank holidays/xmas etc are double time.  Well if we don't hit the mastitis target( which has more than doubled this month, due to the variations in weather & foreighners not doing the job properly) then we will be on £7.20 flat rate.  I got it down to about 1 cow(which was the bedding she was on) for about 2-3 weeks, had weekend off & it went back up.  I keep getting it down but as soon as I'm off/taken out the parlour for more than a few milkings, it goes back up.  Worst bit is, I get told I'm a good worker etc so I'm being punished because of other people  not doing their job properly

I don't like since it updated to version 2.40, Seamonkey's bookmarking seems to have gone awry and now long-winded:sad: 

You used to be able to scroll down to the folder you wanted to save it to.  Not now:sad: you have to either leave on the main bookmark tab: or plop it in "unsorted bookmarks" tab, and then open the bookmark manager to place it where you actually want it.

Also on software, Thunderbird keeps putting among other things, Kieran's Yorkshire detailing order confirmation in it's junk folder, despite me telling it, "it's not junk" and putting it back in the inbox each time.  There a couple of other businesses I trade with, it does this to, too.  It's like it can't remember it's own settings:mellow:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club