Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

First pictures from the James Webb telescope. :smile:

Growing up, I had an Athena poster just like that! 😅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Growing up, I had an Athena poster just like that! 😅

I had this one...... just hope it passed the censor 😜

TennisGirl_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I had this one......

We all had that one!! 🤣

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Turvey said:

I had this one...... just hope it passed the censor 😜

TennisGirl_thumb.jpg

That takes me back a few years!😀

• Haha 2

I do like a neighbour coming over with some buns for us today. She had been expecting visitors but they had to cancel and seeing as they are gluten intolerant they couldn't eat them so she donated them to us! 

Box was full but 'Quality Control' got involved before I could take a pic 🙄😃

IMG_20220714_182518566.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

I do like a neighbour coming over with some buns for us today. She had been expecting visitors but they had to cancel and seeing as they are gluten intolerant they couldn't eat them so she donated them to us! 

Box was full but 'Quality Control' got involved before I could take a pic 🙄😃

IMG_20220714_182518566.jpg

What was the filling?  Looks like either glace cherry or strawberry jam?  :biggrin:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

What was the filling?  Looks like either glace cherry or strawberry jam?  

A quarter of a strawberry, very nice they are/were as well 😃

• Like 1

I do like our little 'wins' on our local Marketplace Facebook site today.

Mrs Turvey has been looking for a couple of bits of furniture to replace ageing bits in the house. I noticed something that might have done for one of them so she messaged saying she would like to buy it. Message came back that it was ours if we wanted it and did we want it delivered FOC? 😲  

Later on they advertised another bit of furniture that Mrs Turvey wanted so we managed to get that as well 👍 both being delivered tomorrow.

About an hour later, someone advertised a free dishwasher that was only being disposed of because of a kitchen redesign. Claimed that as our one is starting to play up and the chap getting rid of it said it was in his van already so he might as well drop it off for us........ from 15 miles away.

Result.

• Like 2

Do like my remote fob survived the washing machine tonight fairly intact and still working. Bone dry inside the casing. Impressed. The casings are a bit worse for wear and a bit of tape to hold it all together. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, iantt said:

Do like my remote fob survived the washing machine tonight fairly intact ...

Instead of putting it the washing machine, couldn't you clean it by just wiping over with a cloth?? 🤣

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Instead of putting it the washing machine, couldn't you clean it by just wiping over with a cloth?? 🤣

Where's the fun in that!! I take it your not one for coming out your comfort zone? 😂

• Haha 1

I think I did it hoping it wouldnt work then got the excuse to buy another car😂

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, iantt said:

Where's the fun in that!! I take it your not one for coming out your comfort zone? 😂

Probably, I'm not bold enough, though I do like to be Daz-zled LOL

11 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Just not an anti-bac wipe...  I've ruined the gel badge logo on my Golf fob and the camera lens on my phone since the pandemic by wiping them with antibac! :unsure: 

Have bought another fob badge for a couple of quid but no point replacing it until I can drop the key-wiping compulsion.  (Funnily enough, not high on the priority list compared to other issues. :laugh: )

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Just not an anti-bac wipe...  I've ruined the gel badge logo on my Golf fob and the camera lens on my phone since the pandemic by wiping them with antibac! :unsure: 

Have bought another fob badge for a couple of quid but no point replacing it until I can drop the key-wiping compulsion.  (Funnily enough, not high on the priority list compared to other issues. :laugh: )

Yes, that'll happen, it's over 70% alcohol, which is OK for an odd rub, but continuous use will act as a solvent to remove the logo. Well, at least you'll know for the next pandemic LOL

• Haha 1

I do like catching up on some sleep earlier tonight. Actually , I slept at Cineworld for an hour or so. I said to my partner I wasn't asleep but resting my eyes. She said I was asleep by the sound of my breathing and luckily I didn't snore. 😂😂

3 minutes ago, iantt said:

I do like catching up on some sleep earlier tonight. Actually , I slept at Cineworld for an hour or so.

Money well spent 🤣

13 minutes ago, unofix said:

Money well spent 🤣

It was, I didn't pay. 😂😂

It was some national theatre live screening thing with Jody comer. I was the one in a coma. 

Oh and it wasn't your usual audience with popcorn, nachos, hot dogs sweets and slurpy drinks as I found out . No one had any refreshments except for me and my bag of sweets and drink. Oops. Everyone heard me open my bag of wine gums!! 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Guess what it is that I just bought today ?

No cheating and Googling the answer @StephenFord 🤣🤣

DSC_0329.JPG

DSC_0328.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, unofix said:

Guess what it is that I just bought today ?

No cheating and Googling the answer @StephenFord 🤣🤣

DSC_0329.JPG

DSC_0328.JPG

A small mammal confession assistance kit? 😈

How much?

1 hour ago, Zico said:

A small mammal confession assistance kit? 😈

How much?

amazon £23.95

1 minute ago, unofix said:

Amazon £23.95

Admit it, for the price, it's a decent bit of kit! 😃

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Admit it, for the price, it's a decent bit of kit!

To be totally honest Stephen I'm extremely impressed. I like the fact it comes with a lead I can permanently connect to my car so that hooking up the charger will only take a few seconds.

I already have 2 other chargers which are constantly in use. A very similar, but smaller unit which keeps my motorbike on constant float charge and a much older charger which is on a timer and keeps the battery topped up on my daughters Vauxhall   horsebox.

Since I like to spend time 'investigating' what can be done with FORScan I needed a charger that will keep the battery on my car at a decent level while I play about with the settings.

Very pleased with it, a very good recommendation. I expect they will send you the commission direct to your bank 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, unofix said:

To be totally honest Stephen I'm extremely impressed. 

So impressed " I bought the company" (Victor Kiam,remember the TV add) 

@StephenFord

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club