Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

8 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Keep hearing his name come up today, so who knows?😀 If he comes back, they owe him a really big cake, I reckon!

As a bonus, we already know he'll like the wallpaper in the No.10 flat!

• Haha 1

Throw boris a party he can admit to going to legally. 

2 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Is there any rule about that? A "late" PM might do less damage.

What about a come back for Tony Blair ???? 🤔

He never did much damage if we ignore the war 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, unofix said:

He never did much damage if we ignore the war 🤣🤣🤣

and also ignore the £14 Billion that he squandered on an NHS IT system that was never commissioned as it was cr*p!

• Haha 1

How about a foreign prime minister like the managers of English football teams do. 

Is trump free? 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

At this rate, King Charles III will see more PMs than the late Queen !

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, iantt said:

How about a foreign prime minister like the managers of English football teams do. 

Is trump free? 🤣🤣🤣

Yes, but his command of English ain't great LOL

1 minute ago, StephenFord said:

Yes, but his command of English ain't great LOL

And? Have you heard some of our lot? 

• Haha 1

How about Arnold then? I can just about understand his Austrian English. 

6 minutes ago, iantt said:

How about Arnold then? I can just about understand his Austrian English. 

Surely not a coincidence then that on his final parliamentary speech, Boris quoted Arnold's famous tag line, "I'll be back..." LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

As a bonus, we already know he'll like the wallpaper in the No.10 flat!

He ( Boris) doesn't need a bonus and just like Truss even though she's only been the PM for what , 40 +days both entitled to £115k per annum for the rest of their lives as are the previous PMs going back to John Major 🤬

10 minutes ago, Wino said:

He ( Boris) doesn't need a bonus and just like Truss even though she's only been the PM for what , 40 +days both entitled to £115k per annum for the rest of their lives as are the previous PMs going back to John Major 🤬

I'm much more upset at the absolute £400 Billon they have squandered on Covid 'management'. £115k is money down the back of the sofa in government spending terms.

Easy to get complacent over the vast sums governments waste, but:

The magnitude of difference between billion and million can be illustrated with this example of the time scale:
•    A million seconds is 12 days.
•    A billion seconds is 31 years.
•    A trillion seconds is 31,688 years

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, StephenFord said:

I'm much more upset at the absolute £400 Billon they have squandered on Covid 'management'. £115k is money down the back of the sofa in government spending terms.

Easy to get complacent over the vast sums governments waste, but:

The magnitude of difference between billion and million can be illustrated with this example of the time scale:
•    A million seconds is 12 days.
•    A billion seconds is 31 years.
•    A trillion seconds is 31,688 years

Totally agree and the point I was trying make is that once they are done with being PM they don't exactly go on the dole and sign on or find a mundane job on just above minimum wage do they. In today's climate/ economic shitstorm that the majority of the working class have to live by, it's pretty disgusting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wino said:

Totally agree and the point I was trying make is that once they are done with being PM they don't exactly go on the dole and sign on or find a mundane job on just above minimum wage do they. In today's climate/ economic shitstorm that the majority of the working class have to live by, it's pretty disgusting.

It's the way of the world, Boris got paid in excess of one years PM salary for a 30 minute after dinner speech last week. (£315,000) I personally have a disgust of footballers getting about £1Million/week where their supporters often can't afford to even see them play! I just don't understand 'sport' remuneration, and yes I know, it's not 'public' money, but still obscene.

Just illustrates the 'haves' and the 'have nots'. I know which one I am LOL

• Like 1

13 hours ago, unofix said:

I met him once.  Very polite & courteous, didn't patronise us kids. :smile: 

(That was before the unfortunate invasion based on someone else's misinformation. :unsure:  )

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I personally have a disgust of footballers getting about £1Million/week where their supporters often can't afford to even see them play! I just don't understand 'sport' remuneration, and yes I know, it's not 'public' money, but still obscene.

Have you been watching Peter Crouch's series helping out a grassroots team?  Highlights the massive difference between 'most' football and the premier league clubs.

I won a multi-signed football shirt in a charity auction recently (league one team so reasonably priced!).  Pretty cool item, but it made me wonder if I could get photos signed through the mail from a few different footballers...  So far only one response, which was a resounding 'No' from a premier league club.  Anyway, fast forward a couple of weeks, I saw a private signing coming up for the player in question...  Had a quick look and was shocked by the pricing...£160 for a signed photo, or £250 for a single-signed shirt! 😮  As far as I can tell it's not for charity either.  No wonder they don't give autographs away for free if they can get that sort of price for them!  I guess the point I'm making is, if people didn't pay these prices, they wouldn't be able to ask them, there must be enough 'haves' supporting to cover these costs.

• Like 2

Been a while here but thought I'd share my new car im looking to keep. Gone into my 3rd car this year 😂.

Story is I saw this VW UP for sale not too far from me. As I flip these cars I had the intention of doing the same with this. As it's black and 5 door (my ideal spec) with FSH, good bodywork I thought I might keep this one. 

Already fitted 17 inch wheels on it and LED DRL lights. Have a doner car I'm thinking to change the heated seats, electric mirrors and ECU over as it's got 15hp more. So much better to drive than the pug I have.

IMG_20221017_170519_0.jpg

IMG_20221018_171807_1.jpg

• Like 4

Just warming the car up before I go out .🤣🤣

Screenshot_20221023-105934.png

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, iantt said:

Just warming the car up before I go out .🤣🤣

Screenshot_20221023-105934.png

Those poor dolphins........

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Wino said:

Those poor dolphins........

Never mind the dolphins. Poor Greta has had a melt down !!

• Haha 2

Its ok, electric is from renewable sources ( and maybe a little contribution from gas, coal oil, diesel etc) 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Gotta pre-heat the cabin while it's plugged in.  Would lose 50 miles of range using the heater while driving otherwise! :whistling: 

• Like 2

Just finished watching 'Somewhere Boy'.  (On catch-up...2 episodes airing each night were a bit much lol)

If you missed it and enjoy complex, unpredictable drama with a bit of darkness, it's well worth a watch!  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, iantt said:

Its ok, electric is from renewable sources ( and maybe a little contribution from gas,

I know Ian was being sarcastic (!), but just how right in being sarcastic is here:

Grid22a.thumb.png.c72db553eb783b78d0189a22a216b2ec.png

The orange line in Power Sources is natural gas. 15Gw out of about 27Gw. And this is normal, worse in mid winter with no solar, a tiny bit better in Summer. Green is Wind, Blue is Nuclear, the rest don't matter much at the moment. (Source: https://grid.iamkate.com/ )

Many people are being duped into thinking their lithium battery cars are helping the environment, the facts say otherwise, at least in the UK! For others, electric just works out cheaper, and it is the right choice, in our present politically distorted system, for them.

The Wholesale price chart is new to me on this site. It is very interesting. About £0.10 (10p) per unit (1kWhr)! According to our beloved government, the rate is £0.52 per unit before the government rebate. or energy price guarantee, whatever that means. And about £0.34 per unit after rebate. So where is all the rest going? Paying for subsidies on ineffective solar installations, maybe, at least some of it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tdci-Peter said:

Many people are being duped into thinking their lithium battery cars are helping the environment, the facts say otherwise, at least in the UK!

I can't remember where I posted it originally, but there is also a report released last week showing the futility of converting the country to battery cars.

991237164_reportcover2022.thumb.jpg.2c5bdb3e3b14dc89414563364c588134.jpg

It concludes, "Whilst there may remain strategic reasons for implementing the ban, such as demonstrating the UK’s commitment to achieving Net Zero by 2050, this regulatory policy should be seen primarily as one that reduces the welfare of UK citizens"...

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club