Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Nope.  That one's 15 years old lol.  Just checked, the one I'm after was released in Dec last year and called 'No Way Home'.

Ah, I don't use any naughty sites!  Thanks for the suggestion though.

Further investigation and its available on Starz app via amazon prime / Netflix but....you have to sign up for the (free) monthly subscription then cancel afterwards.

It's also available on other APK's but you may need to use a VPN for it to allow you to watch as it's not been realised for the UK as of yet, which you probably already know.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Wino said:

Further investigation and its available on Starz app via Amazon prime / Netflix but....you have to sign up for the (free) monthly subscription then cancel afterwards.

It's also available on other APK's but you may need to use a VPN for it to allow you to watch as it's not been realised for the UK as of yet, which you probably already know.

IDK what all these acronyms mean TBH! :laugh: 

I didn't know it hadn't been released in the UK yet, guess that explains why I couldn't find it.

Is it available on normal amazon Prime or does it have to be through that app?  I can watch Prime on TV through the Xbox app so that would be ideal if I can just sign up for the free 30 day Prime trial.

Edit - NVM, just found out you can see which films are free on Prime without signing up for it.  Currently SMNWH costs £8.99 to watch on there.  Only other legal option in the UK ATM seems to be physical DVD at cost of £10.  Will leave it a couple of months and see if it gets released on any other platforms or price dropped in the new year.

• Sad 1

I do kind of find it quite cool but also sad to see one of my UPs I sold a few months ago coming back up on autotrader.

Sadly is now registered as a cat N write off. I sold the car near the end of July to a nice guy who came from Brighton which was a 100 mile trip. Looks like it sadly had a minor accident in the next 2 months and was then advertised on autotrader at the end of November by a dealer just 30 miles away from me. Must of got put on auction and sold here. Still got my pictures of it when I put it for sale. Am sad though to see this as the guy said he'll be using it along with his wife. Noticed it failed MOT too for rear brakes binding 😬. Something I had an issue with my current up I have where the rear right side had seized with the handbrake up.

Dealer mentions in the add when the last service was done and mileage which was when I did it 😂

IMG_20220516_134638_9.jpg

Screenshot_20221218-003231.png

Talking about ups I currently have 2 here. Keeping the black one here. I got this donor silver up which has heated seats, electric mirrors, TPMS, sound pack so had uprated Speakers and A pillar tweeters and dual driver side window switches which I'll putting in mine.

Took the loom out running towards the engine through to the whole interior. From research I need to swap over the ECU, clocks, abs pump, BCM and locks for the car so it starts with no issues and no dash lights. Want the car to think nothing is wrong. 

Just took the loom out so no wiring is needed for the extra features just plug and play. Just praying it all starts without issue.

IMG_20221207_150722_5.jpg

IMG_20221214_150526_4.jpg

• Like 2

I bought a High Up!TSI new in September 2017. It was staggeringly fast, too much so for its chassis and although I achieved 93 mpg on a run, and it was totally reliable, I really hated every aspect of it from the wavy glass tailgate to the half finished interior. The satnav app that just didn't work, the constant misting up despite a boot full of silica gel and the diabolical road manners. Noisy, cold, uncomfortable and wilfully obstructive, I regarded it as such a complete waste of money because it was so bad I could not sell it with a clear conscience that at 11,000 miles I had had enough of the damned thing. I gladly took a fifty percent loss in a year and vowed never even to sit in another VW product. I bought a Merc to tide me over and then a Mk 8 Fiesta which is what I should have bought in the first place. I look forward to the day that the last one is scrapped.

• Like 1

@anon I do quite like these 😂. More solid and better equipped than my top spec Peugeot 107. Never driven the TSI version though. I did install the facelift rear lights and bumper on my black up I'm keeping.

So got the silver one started today and got steering wheel, traction control and airbag yellow lights on. Hopefully they should go when the car is driven. Airbag I'd assume would be reset with a diagnostic machine. Hoping I can sort it out without calling someone.

• Like 1

The Up! was only ever designed as a low budget city car.  If you're regularly using one on motorways and B-roads then of course it'll be awful.  Seems odd to dismiss an entire brand because of their cheapest model.  I owned a 108 for all of about a week, hated it that much, but I wouldn't write off all future Peugeots based on that experience.

• Like 2

If it was designed as a low budget( you must be joking,) city car, why does it have a 100 bhp engine and a six speed box?

32 minutes ago, anon said:

If it was designed as a low budget( you must be joking,) city car, why does it have a 100 bhp engine and a six speed box?

The model itself is low budget.  If you chose to 'upgrade' it by opting for an unnecessarily large engine and luxury spec seats, that doesn't change the model at all.  It belongs with the 108, Aygo, Fiat 500, Ford Ka, etc.  It's simply not designed for 'proper' roads.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, anon said:

We've had this debate (at great length) on another thread. You don't like the Up! - fair enough. Many people do - also fair enough!😀

Can't speak for the TSI version (which was 90ps afaik) but have driven the 115ps GTI several times and that was no ball of fire. We were looking at upgrading my wife's 60ps Mii version but didn't think it worth the extra cash.

As Tom says, it's a city car, no matter what bells and whistles you give it, and a pretty good one in a lot of people's opinion.

• Like 2

My TSI was calculated to be well over100 bhp. 122 mph in still air both ways on an autobahn. As for the Ka, early ones ( I has two from new) were sure footed and perfectly capable on motorways, quiet, unperturbed by crosswinds, just lacking a bit of power.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone got a 'modern' Stanley toolbox with the one-touch handle?  Looks like a good idea but wondering if it's robust enough?

I'm looking for a small one to replace the 24" Stanley box that I haven't been able to lift for 4 years and takes up a lot of space in the cupboard.  Looks like either 16 or 19" would fit in the space I have.  Obviously the compromise is fitting enough in to be useful, without making it so heavy that I can't lift it. 

5 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Has anyone got a 'modern' Stanley toolbox with the one-touch handle?  Looks like a good idea but wondering if it's robust enough?

Is this the kind of thing? I have 4 of them for various uses. Really rugged, now about 7 years old, and as good as new...

IMG_20221227_143712_0.thumb.jpg.186e81f0d2f556bb3b57d3baf6691994.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If you cannot lift a big one, and are considering buying a smaller one, this means throwing tools away. I could comment on that but one of my brain fuses would need replacing

• Haha 1

Could have done with a tool box like that yesterday. Most of my tools are scattered about , can never find what I want. Got a mechanics tool chest with a few bits and pieces but that's heavy and sat on an old black and decker workmate that I can't use easily due to the tool chest. Garage is a tip. Just need a few of those lightweight boxes and reorganise. You wouldn't believe I'm hopeless at DIY conciderinv my trade. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

But I did do an extension yesterday. Ok, extension to our dining table much to the disgust of my partner. I mean , there's nothing wrong with whacking some screws to the underside of the dining table. Not as if you can see them poking through. Good use of a shelf in the garage that used to be a bed before that. Needed to accommodate 11 around our table for 8. 🤣🤣

IMG-20221225-WA0000.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Sadly i have a stanley fatmax pull-along, great bit of kit but the hinges arnt up to the job. Had to rivet some replacements on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

But I did do an extension yesterday. Ok, extension to our dining table much to the disgust of my partner. I mean , there's nothing wrong with whacking some screws to the underside of the dining table. Not as if you can see them poking through. Good use of a shelf in the garage that used to be a bed before that. Needed to accommodate 11 around our table for 8. 🤣🤣

IMG-20221225-WA0000.jpeg

If you were a little enthusiastic with the screw driver i was going to suggest a couple of pressed on candles and no one would notice, nice finishing touch- creative even but then the hot wax might damage the wood grain.  😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, williamweb said:

If you were a little enthusiastic with the screw driver i was going to suggest a couple of pressed on candles and no one would notice, nice finishing touch- creative even but then the hot wax might damage the wood grain  😂

Hot wax. Bit late not damaging the wood. We had only had the ( expensive for us) table and chairs a week or so and dear step daughter spilt nail varnish remover on the surface, making a nice big mark on the surface. She obviously didn't say anything until it was too late. That's covered up with a quilted cover down the middle. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, iantt said:

Hot wax. Bit late not damaging the wood. We had only had the ( expensive for us) table and chairs a week or so and dear step daughter spilt nail varnish remover on the surface, making a nice big mark on the surface. She obviously didn't say anything until it was too late. That's covered up with a quilted cover down the middle. 

Function over form that’s what i always say.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Is this the kind of thing? I have 4 of them for various uses. Really rugged, now about 7 years old, and as good as new...

IMG_20221227_143712_0.thumb.jpg.186e81f0d2f556bb3b57d3baf6691994.jpg

Not quite!

This is what I've had for a decade.

image.thumb.png.87e018d79c52527d9b47e0b6427d5ed7.png

This is what I'm looking at now.  Apart from the size reduction, has flat sides and the new 'one touch' handle instead of the two fiddly clips.

image.png.f5692bcd9edbbe3f52e65fad0aab0dd8.png

2 hours ago, anon said:

If you cannot lift a big one, and are considering buying a smaller one, this means throwing tools away. I could comment on that but one of my brain fuses would need replacing

That's the trouble with a studio flat unfortunately! 

Test  

53 minutes ago, unofix said:
Ford Focus Mk4 - Software changes for enhanced functions.  

Module Parameter Standard Modified Effect  

APIM Climate Control Type Manual Automatic Enable climate control tab on Sync 3 screen  
APIM Climate Domaun Disabled Enabled Enable climate control tab on Sync 3 screen  
APIM Heated Steering Wheel Icon (were fitted) Disabled Enabled Enable heated steering wheel icon on Sync 3 home screen  
APIM Heated Windshield management Disabled Enabled Enable heated windscreen icon on Sync 3 climate tab menu  
APIM Seat Button Icons None Heated Seats Enable heated seat icons on Sync 3 home screen  
BdyCM Auto Lock Vehicle Disabled Enabled Enable auto locking at 12.5mph  
BdyCM Auto Relock Disabled Enabled Enables auto relocking of the doors after  passenger gets out  
BdyCM Fog Light Functions Fog+Cornering Fog only Disable cornering use of front fog lights  
BdyCM Battery Target State of Charge % 80 95 Increase the battery State of Charge to 95%  
IPC Auto Lock Disabled Enabled Toggle auto locking On or Off from IPC settings menu  

ASBUILT: Enable Auto High Beam        
IPMA 706-01-01 xxxx x5xx xx xxxx x9xx xx Enable Auto High Beam  
IPC 720-01-01 xxxA xxxx x8 xxxE xxxxxA Enable Auto High Beam  
SCCM 724-02-01 xxxx 68xx xx xxxx 70xx xx Enable Auto High Beam  
BdyCM 726-11-04  (Halogen only) xxx2 xxxx xx xxx1 xxxx xx AHB - Halogen Lights Only  
BdyCM 726-11-04 (Full LED lights only) xxxx xxDx xx xxxx xxCx xx AHB - Full LED Lights Only  
BdyCM 726-12-02 x2xx xxxx xx x1xx xxxx xx Enable Auto High Beam  

??

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club