Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like that I have put on half a stone over Christmas :(

Was that those oversized bars of Galaxy that you received?

Only eaten one of them, the other one is being hidden for I don't know how long now, lol.

The bumper of the 207 STILL being held on by tape...

WE bought a used one through eBay which is waiting to go on (same colour but needs a bit of TLC) but a friend of mums who said he'd fit it STILL has not done it! Grrrr....car looks like a right state and i don't want to wash it until the bumper is done. :rolleyes:

WE bought a used one through eBay which is waiting to go on (same colour but needs a bit of TLC) but a friend of mums who said he'd fit it STILL has not done it! Grrrr....car looks like a right state and i don't want to wash it until the bumper is done. :rolleyes:

Gaffer/Duct Tape?

It is surprisingly weatherproof, I had a temporary rear windscreen held in place with tape. It survived the winter and early spring of 2004/2005, until I found a replacement tailgate, which turned out to be cheaper than a new windscreen.

I was expecting to have renew the tape every couple of weeks, but it held, never needing to do so :)

have people ring up you answer the phone and nobody there it just goes dead

Gaffer/Duct Tape?

It is surprisingly weatherproof, I had a temporary rear windscreen held in place with tape. It survived the winter and early spring of 2004/2005, until I found a replacement tailgate, which turned out to be cheaper than a new windscreen.

I was expecting to have renew the tape every couple of weeks, but it held, never needing to do so :)

Yeah it holds it all together! :wacko: Just annoying having the other bumper to go on and the car looking such a state...

have people ring up you answer the phone and nobody there it just goes dead

You wanna have a word with your missus :lol:

Seen the gp she was as shocked about the blackout as I was, took my blood pressure, put it down to one of my meds and told me to see her again if it happens again :rolleyes:

I don't like dirty birds, having just been shat on by one. <_< Supposed to be lucky though so we'll see how that pans out... :lol:

I don't like dirty birds, having just been shat on by one. <_< Supposed to be lucky though so we'll see how that pans out... :lol:

You or your Focus?

In what ways is being shat upon lucky? :unsure:

Bird poo has paint stripping abilities if: left on too long :(

That and "watersports", I've never seen what either the receiver or the giver get out out of it?

• Like 4

That and "watersports", I've never seen what either the receiver or the giver get out out of it?

Bloke I used to work with.. his dream/fetish was a woman to dress up as a traffic warden or lollipop lady and piddle on him. His wife point blank refused hahaha

Bloke I used to work with.. his dream/fetish was a woman to dress up as a traffic warden or lollipop lady and piddle on him. His wife point blank refused hahaha

Why a traffic warden or lollipop lady?

No idea. I could understand a cop because there is a really hot cop round by me, guilty until proven innocent with her lol

I don't like having to wear glasses for driving...

Used Glasses Direct's 7 day trial service and settled on this pair:

post-15085-0-05167400-1451931652_thumb.j

Ordered tonight so should receive in the next week or two... Somewhat anxious to take delivery as once I do get them I can start driving the car. Needless to say they will only be worn in the confines of the Nissan and left in the glasses box at all other times.

• Like 1

Shouldve gone to Specsavers! Sorry, I couldnt help myself!-_-

Only joking Jamie!;)

I don't like having to wear glasses for driving...

Used Glasses Direct's 7 day trial service and settled on this pair:

WP_20160104_18_02_22_Pro (2).jpg

Ordered tonight so should receive in the next week or two... Somewhat anxious to take delivery as once I do get them I can start driving the car. Needless to say they will only be worn in the confines of the Nissan and left in the glasses box at all other times.

What about contacts?

What 207 is that? Don't recall you mentioning one before...

Shouldve gone to Specsavers! Sorry, I couldnt help myself! -_-

Only joking Jamie! ;)

Thanks Wes...

• Like 1

What about contacts?

My eyes are get easily irritated as they are, so putting contacts in just for driving would be more trouble than it is worse.

I have to wear something corrective all the time or I can't see more than about 1ft clearly, lol. So I just chuck contacts in when I get dressed then that's it for the day.

Not everyone can get on with them though.

• Like 1

You or your Focus?

In what ways is being shat upon lucky? :unsure:

Bird poo has paint stripping abilities if: left on too long :(

Me! Well, my 'nice' Regatta coat...not the even the cheap rubbish one I wear 90% of the time lol. No idea why it's lucky but people say it is for some reason. :lol:

As for the other replies...just lol. :lol:

Been wearing contacts for 26 years.

Apart from a 6 month period where I had to drop back to specs due to abnormal blood vessel growth (caused by low oxegenation in my eyes because the monthly wear lenses weren't as good as advertised).

A change to daily disposables sorted that and now been problem free for 6 years.

• Like 2

I have to wear something corrective all the time or I can't see more than about 1ft clearly, lol. So I just chuck contacts in when I get dressed then that's it for the day.

Not everyone can get on with them though.

Me too, I have to wear my glasses in the shower otherwise I can't read the bottles. :lol:

Mistakes have occurred, shower cleaner instead of shampoo, Brandy's anti-mange shampoo instead of mine, for instance :lol:

Although for reading, soldering and anything close, at the moment, I have to take them off, as the page is all blurred. I should go and get a new prescription, but haven't got round to it. :mellow:

I can't face sticking something in my eye out of choice: so I've avoided ever bothering with contacts :)

Contacts are way less annoying than glasses IMO. Glasses get dusty, greasy, and dirty so easily. It's a real pain to keep cleaning them with tissues every few hours. They also fog up, fall off your nose, and become wet in the rain. And you have significantly reduced peripheral vision too.

I keep hearing all the horror stories of people getting infections and becoming blind, but if Clive has been doing it for 26 years without any problems, then it must be safe ^_^

• Like 2

Contacts are way less annoying than glasses IMO. Glasses get dusty, greasy, and dirty so easily. It's a real pain to keep cleaning them with tissues every few hours. They also fog up, fall off your nose, and become wet in the rain. And you have significantly reduced peripheral vision too.

I keep hearing all the horror stories of people getting infections and becoming blind, but if Clive has been doing it for 26 years without any problems, then it must be safe ^_^

People have smoked for over 80 years and lived to 102 - doesn't make that safe... ;)

I'll stick to the glasses, thanks! :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club