Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk. 4.5 Delays

Jibberish333

51 minutes ago, unofix said:

Yes on the Focus Mk3 and the Mk3.5 🤣

It's a good question, but I don't know the answer. I expect probably not but maybe someone with wireless charging can tell us.

I looked in my car menu and it looks like there is no way to close the wireless charging.. 😞 It's useless anyway, I'm using Android Auto Wireless and cable for charging... 

I've just sat and read all of the posts regarding the Mk4.5 delays.

I ordered mine on 07/03/2022 about 3 days before production went south due to the Ukraine conflict. A week after placing the order I was in the dealer again buying my daughter a 2018 Fiesta and the salesman i dealt with for the Focus said production would be April with delivery in May. This was put back to June/July. In July it was delayed again till August with early September touted for arrival at the dealer. I returned from holiday on August 19th and visited the dealer while out and about to be told the car had just been built and delivery was usually 4-6 weeks meaning mid to end sept for collection, perfect my birthday is 29th so nice present.....No . New date was 1st October this moved to the 8th possibly 15th blaming the trains that bring them from Europe were being used for humanitarian aid to Ukraine, then the 22nd. I was going away on the 26th so again that would have been great but No it didn't turn up. I made a call to the dealer and all I got was it was down to the Dockers striking, the car was in the UK but they couldn't get it to dealer. By this time I was really getting p**sed off I'd even started looking elsewhere at Merc A-class'. On the 18/10 I received a call from dealer saying it would be end of the week (22nd) however I was flying to Italy on the 22nd so it would be on my return. I also said that if the car was not available on my return then I'd be cancelling. While driving to Heathrow on the 21st I called the dealer and was told he had a transporter on route and he had reason to believe my car was on it and  that he'd call back once it had been unloaded. He did call back and Surprise surprise the car WAS on the truck (amazing how it turned up having threatened to cancel) and so I finally collected the car on the 28th. I've got to say the dealer was very good in keeping me updated but I was sick of the excuses. I was told on handover that some customers have been waiting over a year I waited 8 months in the end. 

88697b219171443caaba6af2d92ee2db.jpg

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Stevie H79 said:

I ordered mine on 07/03/2022 about 3 days before production went south due to the Ukraine conflict. A week after placing the order I was in the dealer again buying my daughter a 2018 Fiesta and the salesman i dealt with for the Focus said production would be April with delivery in May. This was put back to June/July. In July it was delayed again till August with early September touted for arrival at the dealer. I returned from holiday on August 19th and visited the dealer while out and about to be told the car had just been built and delivery was usually 4-6 weeks meaning mid to end sept for collection, perfect my birthday is 29th so nice present.....No . New date was 1st October this moved to the 8th possibly 15th blaming the trains that bring them from Europe were being used for humanitarian aid to Ukraine, then the 22nd. I was going away on the 26th so again that would have been great but No it didn't turn up. I made a call to the dealer and all I got was it was down to the Dockers striking, the car was in the UK but they couldn't get it to dealer. By this time I was really getting p**sed off I'd even started looking elsewhere at Merc A-class'. On the 18/10 I received a call from dealer saying it would be end of the week (22nd) however I was flying to Italy on the 22nd so it would be on my return. I also said that if the car was not available on my return then I'd be cancelling. While driving to Heathrow on the 21st I called the dealer and was told he had a transporter on route and he had reason to believe my car was on it and  that he'd call back once it had been unloaded. He did call back and Surprise surprise the car WAS on the truck (amazing how it turned up having threatened to cancel) and so I finally collected the car on the 28th. I've got to say the dealer was very good in keeping me updated but I was sick of the excuses. I was told on handover that some customers have been waiting over a year I waited 8 months in the end. 

Vignale without Pixel Matrix LEDs, that's a shame..Anyway, enjoy your new car, this red color looks amazing

On 5/8/2022 at 8:54 AM, Duke178 said:

Do you know if the ST Line Vignale is an automatic or manual, if its an auto dos anyone know if it has the rotary gear selector or stick shift gear selector?  Harlow is a bit far for me to go just to have a look 😝

The rotary selector will only be available on the diesel mk4.5s, I had it in my 1.0 mk4 and loved it but they've binned it on the new petrol engines....shame. The powershift autos will still be an option from what the dealer told me anyway. 

13 minutes ago, Chera said:

Vignale without Pixel Matrix LEDs, that's a shame..Anyway, enjoy your new car, this red color looks amazing

The matrix LEDs are a £900 option and quite frankly nearly a grand for headlights seemed a waste. I got a deal on this £350 p/m with API included, adding the fairy lights would have altered the finance price and I did not feel it was worth it. 

• Sad 1

On 5/19/2022 at 9:55 PM, Tsb29 said:

Hi, I also have a focus st line vignale on order through motorfinity. It’s the 1.0 eco boost 155.

I’ve seen a few comments that it may not be the newest interior tech? Does anyone know if it is now. I have a delivery date of next Thursday booked in. So it’s all built and ready to go.

also, it’s an auto. Will it have the rotary or horrible linear shifter that looks 10 years out of date. It’s really not clear online which is which.

I’ll be a bit annoyed if it’s the linear shifter. The guy at motorfinity also told me they aren’t producing the diesel anymore, yet I’ve seen several advertised on auto trader!… diesel with rotary shifter would have been my preference. 

What did you get in the end? I wanted the 1.0 petrol with the rotary shifter but was told that gearbox was only available on the diesel. 

Well despite asking the dealer not to wash my car, they did.. they also used a brush to do so. My friend is also the same person who details my car couldn’t believe the condition the car was left in, so it made the job a lot more labour intensive. Three full days of machine correction was needed, finished off with Xpel PPF (light smoke) to the headlights and protection to the B Pillars, the car was coated with AbsoluteWax Ballistic Gold ceramic and the wheels were coated with Gyeon Mohs. I’ll let the pictures do the talking, looking forward to collecting today.

58088863-17C3-4492-87C2-A386B1655B57.jpeg

02A59DE2-AA67-4903-978B-D1CD028220DE.jpeg

9EDA2807-9D99-4BB9-AB74-5F66F1A223DB.jpeg

EF9A864E-8AD2-4E55-A4F6-47EF3AB584FB.jpeg

51986AC0-D9A2-4454-8C78-2266B685CA84.jpeg

A1DDF371-C063-4EB1-8785-0D54B777D8FD.jpeg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, DavidQ87 said:

Well despite asking the dealer not to wash my car, they did.. they also used a brush to do so. My friend is also the same person who details my car couldn’t believe the condition the car was left in, so it made the job a lot more labour intensive. Three full days of machine correction was needed, finished off with Xpel PPF (light smoke) to the headlights and protection to the B Pillars, the car was coated with AbsoluteWax Ballistic Gold ceramic and the wheels were coated with Gyeon Mohs. I’ll let the pictures do the talking, looking forward to collecting today.

That looks crisp! 

18 hours ago, Stevie H79 said:

Pretty much the journey I've been on, except we ordered in December, and it has yet to leave the factory apparently! I noticed you're in Yorkshire, our car was ordered through Leeds. The most recent excuse has been the chip shortage around the infotainment system, but seems like you and others are getting theirs...

There is hope for us all yet! I was out walking the dog yesterday and heard this beautiful exhaust note and slight pop and bang, looked up to see a flash of green go past! 

I got home to find an absolutely stunning Mean Green ST hatchback sat just outside my house! 

Looks and sounds stunning! 

Now to find out which neighbour / neighbours friend owns it 😏

PS. Gave me a little reassurance that even after all the troubles they've been through, they're finally getting orders built shipped and delivered! 🙌

21 hours ago, DavidQ87 said:

This looks great! 👌 Where are you guys based? I'm definitely going to be having a ceramic coat! 

Gutted they washed it even asking not to though! Maybe it's one of their "we have to do this" kind of things? 

A detailer I know said it's amazing how many BRAND NEW cars have paint issues. He's spent 2 days before on a brand new Tesla paint correcting 😬 

Looking great though mate 👌 the smoke of the lights also really suit the black!

Hello, just to update, i was given a delivery eta of mid November, it has now been knocked back to WC 5th December 22.

• Sad 2

On 10/30/2022 at 7:35 PM, Stevie H79 said:

The matrix LEDs are a £900 option and quite frankly nearly a grand for headlights seemed a waste. I got a deal on this £350 p/m with API included, adding the fairy lights would have altered the finance price and I did not feel it was worth it. 

I know, I'm aware of this, in my country it was 1000 euro but it was worth every cent even if I don't drive so much in the night. I tested a few times, and they look amazing, I can't complain that I paid 1000 euro for a good looking car

2 hours ago, SausagMan said:

Hello, just to update, i was given a delivery eta of mid November, it has now been knocked back to WC 5th December 22.

Gutted for you! 😭

Keep us posted though! I'm kind of using your timeline/schedule as a ball park marker for when I finally get the heads up of mine going into production! I've been keeping a little diary of sorts, but currently still only has my order date 😅

Having seen one in person though, I'm very excited now, and I'm 100% certain you'll love it and it'll be worth the wait! 💪

• Like 1

Looks proper that does Adam.

Bet your in love with it.

I'd have had the green if I had the st. Looks perfect, and differentiates it from st lines etc

• Like 1

15 hours ago, adam2231 said:

The wait is finally over. I've picked up this beauty yesterday and had a chance to get to know her a little bit. This is my first sports car and a dream that I've always wanted to achieve so I can't express how happy I am. 

How does it drive? Very good! I was surprised how livable this car can be. The engine is amazing, it pulls in every gear, even at low RPM. The steering is heavy but very precise and in my humble opinion it is not nearly as hard as some reviewers have discussed. The 19' rims and low profile tyres are completely ok, really. My favourite thing has got to be the sound. Its loud, even in normal. Turning it on feels super special, and the pops and bangs (which I know is childish but very desirable for me) are loud and fun. Also the colour. Its unique for sure, but I think that the Fury Orange looks better. I'd strongly recommend trying to see the colour in person before spending big money on it. I think the regular colours might suit the car just a tad bit better. Its still a head turner and I'm pleased regardless. 

I've been told to keep it easy for the first 2000 km, not taking it above 3000 RPM and to be mindful of oil temperature and pressures. 

I've come from a Focus MK4 so I can also talk a little bit about the differences between the ST and the ST-line (if any one is interested). Unless you are not a proper car enthusiast who's always dreamed of a sports car. As crazy as it sounds the 155 km or the 180 km Focus hatchback will probably suffice. Yes the 280 HP is much more and you feel the torque, but for everyday 155 km will be enough. The 1.0 125 km I had didn't pull well enough at all. Suspension wise, its much stiffer in the ST, but for everyday the ST-line is more comfortable and also fun. And of course exhaust and sound - not comparable. ST is next level. The 4.5 mk does have cost cutting (as mentioned by other users). I miss the side cubby the most (where I placed my garage keys) and there is a lack of ambient lighting (which I believe was available in the mk4). 

For anyone still waiting for their Focus. Its 100% worth the wait, it drives so well and the interior changes I'm generally pleased with. 

Photo 31-10-2022, 16 49 11.jpg

Photo 31-10-2022, 16 49 32.jpg

Photo 01-11-2022, 16 08 34.jpg

Photo 01-11-2022, 16 08 50.jpg

It looks sick, congrats for your new car! If you can stand with high taxes, high fuel consumption, then it's not a problem 

On 10/29/2022 at 4:25 PM, theroninhunter said:

Been a week with the car, anyone else noticing the wireless charging isn't always working? 

Phone is hot to touch which usually means frequent disconnects

Obviously not read or payed attention to my previous run ins with the ford wireless charger!! - all l can say is l hope you didn't pay extra for it by it's self otherwise you need to get back to your dealer and ask for a refund cause it's not worth the paper the brochure advertising it was printed on!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simon401982 said:

Obviously not read or payed attention to my previous run ins with the ford wireless charger!! - all l can say is l hope you didn't pay extra for it by it's self otherwise you need to get back to your dealer and ask for a refund cause it's not worth the paper the brochure advertising it was printed on!

Nope, came with the trim I selected. Its been working fine for me now, phone is always at 100% whilst using the wireless charger including whilst using wireless Android Auto

2 minutes ago, theroninhunter said:

Nope, came with the trim I selected. Its been working fine for me now, phone is always at 100% whilst using the wireless charger including whilst using wireless Android Auto

Aye, good that it's working good for you now. It's the heat damage to the phone which is what concerns me and lack of any really rate of charge with mine? 

6 minutes ago, simon401982 said:

Aye, good that it's working good for you now. It's the heat damage to the phone which is what concerns me and lack of any really rate of charge with mine? 

Heat damage is usually due to misalignment of the wireless coils on the pad to the mobile phone back. Once I worked out the position my phone needed to be in, it doesn't generate as much heat.

• Like 1

Update today on mine.

Ordered 5th March.

Built 12th Oct.

Today still body off line waiting parts.

Eta to dealer has moved from w/e 25th Nov to w/e 3rd Dec.

Looks like me and sausagman have got a little race on.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2022 at 5:20 PM, Chera said:

I know, I'm aware of this, in my country it was 1000 euro but it was worth every cent even if I don't drive so much in the night. I tested a few times, and they look amazing, I can't complain that I paid 1000 euro for a good looking car

Different strokes for different folks. As long as we are happy with what we bought then all's good. Having read through the thread it seems the Matrix LED's were a cause of many delays. So again glad I didn't spec them. Enjoy your car

On 10/31/2022 at 12:01 PM, Olly464 said:

Pretty much the journey I've been on, except we ordered in December, and it has yet to leave the factory apparently! I noticed you're in Yorkshire, our car was ordered through Leeds. The most recent excuse has been the chip shortage around the infotainment system, but seems like you and others are getting theirs...

I ordered in Rotherham. I'm an HGV driver and have seen very few Mk4.5s on the road but in my little village I've passed 2 others both owned by driving instructors. 

I also saw a driving instructors Mk4.5 today.  Magnetic grey which I still think looks dated.

Sounded like a diesel which surprised me, must have been ordered a whole ago!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club