Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk. 4.5 Delays

Jibberish333

Hello all, good news from me, sounds as if my car will be at the dealership this week!!! 

My cousins also got a collection date for his focus next week. 

Sounds as if UK stock is arriving. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, SausagMan said:

Hello all, good news from me, sounds as if my car will be at the dealership this week!!! 

Great news mate, just remind me of the build date to gauge delivery times..

1 minute ago, Carsey said:

Great news mate, just remind me of the build date to gauge delivery times..

Final build date showing on ETIS was 7th November. 

• Like 1

So good to hear more cars are arriving! I've just emailed my dealer on the back of these messages. The latest update I had was on 1st November saying mid-December delivery.
I ordered an ST-line on 8th Feb.

Mine also changed to 17th Dec delivery, must be on the same train/boat as others here.

• Like 2

On 11/23/2022 at 4:19 PM, SausagMan said:

Great news for you! I'm really excited for you! 😁 Keep us posted and definitely want some mean green in your face pictures when you finally get her!

• Like 1

On 11/23/2022 at 5:04 PM, sun87 said:

So good to hear more cars are arriving! I've just emailed my dealer on the back of these messages. The latest update I had was on 1st November saying mid-December delivery.
I ordered an ST-line on 8th Feb.

I emailed my dealership 10 days ago or so based on some people's movement on here (and subsequently further progress for some!) And yet to hear back 🙄 I've been working nights this week so I haven't had a chance to chase them up. I ordered 9 weeks ago and haven't heard a word as of yet from them 🤔 

Just heard back from my dealer. My delivery date is also 17th December. A few of us with the same date then.

Had an update on my car. It has arrived at Dagenham rail terminal. Next step is to transport via rail to Liverpool then on to dealer. I've just been told by my dealer that the trains in Dagenham have all been taken out of service because an inspection of their couplings revealed a few of them were about to fail. They've taken all of them out of service for safety reasons. Ford need to get new couplings but there will be a delay getting hold of them. When will this ever end? 😭

I finally got the car, almost slept in it. 😅

Too bad it's almost winter here and I had to park it in an underground garage (long term). Hopefully I will have the chance to take it out before spring. 

In the mean time I'm tinkering with Forscan.

• Like 4

Hi all.  I’ve been following the thread each week and seeing what has been happening.

I finally picked my new Focus up on Saturday from the dealership and I love it.

I ordered mine in Beginning of December 2021.

I’ve got an Agate Black, 155, 7 Speed Auto, Titanium Vignale with Parking and driver assistance pack.

My Ford dealer has been amazing and always kept me well up to date.

I just need some nice weather now to drive it lol  

• Like 8

Hi all. 
On the new Model Focus now, the glovebox doesn’t actually come with the tray part. 

ive ordered one, but It seems to be Ford cutting back on things as Isoflex seat plastic covers are no longer with the car as well.

Oh and engine cover on mine is no longer present  too.

seems a shame there cost picking that much.

16B043A0-23F1-42DC-AB77-1B257F3F717B.jpeg

Does any one know of lining for the glove box as well?

From where did you get the tray part and also the documents enclosure you have there? (none of these came standard on my Focus any more)

19 hours ago, Daz-UK said:

ive ordered one, but It seems to be Ford cutting back on things as Isoflex seat plastic covers are no longer with the car as well.

Yeah I was wondering if it was just mine that didn't come these covers. How much would that have costed Ford to produce? 5 cents each?

Still waiting the car, but I'm at shipped stage and I have a question for you all.

The ford app changed some weeks ago after it was built, and an activate vehicle button appeared.

Pressing that just bought a spinning circle endlessly.

It changed again today and activate vehicle now took me to another stage where it says start the car and accept the message on the touch screen.

I saw on the German forum, some users could see the location of the car before it arrived.

Anyone else have any experiences similar to this?

Yes, very similar on a Fiesta I received 4 weeks ago. You need to be in the car to activate it, the dealer salesman should help you on collection - it seems to be something they are incentivized to do, at least mine was. He asked me to keep the modem on for at least three months or he gets nagging emails from Ford.

Don't know about the location though.

• Thanks 1

Same for me. I could add the car in Ford app long time before delivery.

But you are actually connected to it only when you do that at the delivery with your phone present in the car.

So app is pointless until delivery.

• Thanks 1

Makes sense.

I wanted to see the car travelling through England on its way to me.

Guess that's a little optimistic 

2 hours ago, adam2231 said:

Yeah I was wondering if it was just mine that didn't come these covers. How much would that have costed Ford to produce? 5 cents each?

As usual with things like this, 5 cents might not seem a lot to you, but times that by millions of cars they produce then it starts becoming a lot.

It's maybe unrelated to economical reasons as well, back in the days engine did not have plastic covers (I don't even know what's their purpose tbh)

They were added for further refinement.

They have foam in to absorb the sound waves which would normally hit the underside of the bonnet and be slightly amplified by it.

Sometimes thermal management but not so much.

Sometimes to protect the vulnerable components on the top of the engine such as injector connectors etc.

Not essential, so deleted for cost reasons to the detriment of the above

4 hours ago, SausagMan said:

The Beast is on British shores!! Tuesday collection arranged, a 3rd party will be detailing it on Monday. 

PHOTO-2022-11-30-10-41-41.jpg

holy smoking balls! Love it man! 😍 So excited for you! 🤩
Where are you based? (I'm UK, Derbyshire) Who's detailing? (I've been recommended a guy in Ripley, I'll be having full paint correction/ceramic)

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club