Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk. 4.5 Delays

Jibberish333

5 minutes ago, Daz-UK said:

£27 and a few pence.

is this EACH cover!? 
Thankfully there will be two seats in the back of mine from the day I get it, pretty much to the day I'll sell it! 😅

2 minutes ago, Coley666 said:

is this EACH cover!? 
Thankfully there will be two seats in the back of mine from the day I get it, pretty much to the day I'll sell it! 😅

🤣. At least then the isofix will get used.  Mine collect dust and bits in 🤣

Total.  
About £5.75 each and then add vat 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daz-UK said:

🤣. At least then the isofix will get used.  Mine collect dust and bits in 🤣

Total.  
About £5.75 each and then add vat 

used yes... collect dust and bits in; still yes 😛

not too bad then at grand total. but still feel like they are cheaping out on us!

7 hours ago, Carsey said:

Just had another update.

Dealer is now saying it is showing as eta to dealer week ending 11/02/23.  Still hasn't given the scheduled build date though.

He says it has a chassis number (which I have asked for), will ETIS show build date etc..?

If you have been given a Chassis number then that’s really good news and the indication it’s actually being built.

etis will show the build date and also when all the modules received there software. 
will show everything the car is built with too. 

Once complete it can be 2-3 months to delivery. 

my car actually had software in August but had the be finished being built in September as it was awaiting parts. This is normal and it can get finished off delivery line. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coley666 said:

used yes... collect dust and bits in; still yes 😛

not too bad then at grand total. but still feel like they are cheaping out on us!

I know.  If I had known they were missing I would have took them from my 2020 Focus I traded in. Tray and book holder as well.

they won’t be getting these that’s for sure even if they stop making the Focus 🤣. There mine now for life  

I’ll use them as ornaments if I have to 🤣

I still love the car though.

just waiting for a frosty morning to use Auto start from bed 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Daz-UK said:

Both From eBay would you believe. Came like brand new. 
just can’t believe Ford didn’t put one in.

it would have cost them pence when mass producing them.

im happy now Ive got one as it finishes of the Glove box

DC6CB245-D375-4169-A7F9-25875A1E9D7E.jpeg

AD922760-4DC4-464A-97DE-535AD03C078F.jpeg

Does it need any modifications or does it just clip in? If it's the latter, I am going to buy it now even though the car won't be here for at least 3 more months 😂😂

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, cnikolakakis said:

Yeah, I meant on the right side of the road so Left Hand drive - the same as what you said. Still, I think it's the norm that they shine like that so that ditches and other stuff are better illuminated.

As for the woofer, I don't think that you should hear a lot from it as it provides the low end. In your case, doesn't it provide any bass at all, did you fiddle around with the settings to see if that would help? I tested the B&O in a Puma a couple of weeks back and I could definitely hear it and also the surround sound was decent when I enabled it. I could definitely hear the change in sound.

I have enabled/disabled the surround and the difference it's barely audible... Also, I tried all the possible settings, but with no help.. 😞 The bass it's there, but the difference it's too little compared to the old MK4 with no B&O... 

12 hours ago, Daz-UK said:

If you have been given a Chassis number then that’s really good news and the indication it’s actually being built.

etis will show the build date and also when all the modules received there software. 
will show everything the car is built with too. 

Once complete it can be 2-3 months to delivery. 

my car actually had software in August but had the be finished being built in September as it was awaiting parts. This is normal and it can get finished off delivery line. 

Maybe I didn't get it right but here is everything I get (with a public access) on etis. 

Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 12.20.40.png

So I rang the dealership this morning as I'm getting all my paperwork together, I thought I had best check where I stand on my private registration. He said not to worry, they'll sort out everything. They'll ring me about a week before the car is due to get to them and be ready to come in and go over everything. 

Great, no worries with that then, log book service book keys locking wheel nut etc etc all in safe, memorable, places! 

10 minutes later, he rings me back. Oh s**t I think..

Quote, " how would you like to be in your new car next week?"

🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩 

he checked the system after speaking with me the first time and turns out it's on a transporter on the way to their local holding site, expected to be there today! 🙈 

I've arranged to go in on Monday for all the handover things, log book, finance etc with a view to pick up late next week once it's all been checked over! 🥳

I'm really sorry, and hate to be that guy, but turns out I'm (hopefully) one lucky MF!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Coley666 said:

So I rang the dealership this morning as I'm getting all my paperwork together, I thought I had best check where I stand on my private registration. He said not to worry, they'll sort out everything. They'll ring me about a week before the car is due to get to them and be ready to come in and go over everything. 

Great, no worries with that then, log book service book keys locking wheel nut etc etc all in safe, memorable, places! 

10 minutes later, he rings me back. Oh s**t I think..

Quote, " how would you like to be in your new car next week?"

🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩 

he checked the system after speaking with me the first time and turns out it's on a transporter on the way to their local holding site, expected to be there today! 🙈 

I've arranged to go in on Monday for all the handover things, log book, finance etc with a view to pick up late next week once it's all been checked over! 🥳

I'm really sorry, and hate to be that guy, but turns out I'm (hopefully) one lucky MF!

Things really do seem to be speeding up, especially with STs at least..

Can anyone advise when a car appears on ETIS.  

I have a chassis number but nothing showing, does it show only once build has started or when build is complete???

Update from my dealer this afternoon. My car is built and has left the factory and is now apparently sitting at the port in Flushing. Anyone any idea how long it should realistically be with my dealer? That’s 9 months to get to this point from order date. Hopefully not too much longer for me

24 minutes ago, CraigTon said:

Update from my dealer this afternoon. My car is built and has left the factory and is now apparently sitting at the port in Flushing. Anyone any idea how long it should realistically be with my dealer? That’s 9 months to get to this point from order date. Hopefully not too much longer for me

My dealer told me usually 2 weeks from port to dealership, depending how much they have to move and where things are going etc. I'd say 50/50 you'll get it in time for Christmas

But be mindful of shutdowns over Christmas for approx 2 weeks

8 hours ago, Chera said:

I have enabled/disabled the surround and the difference it's barely audible... Also, I tried all the possible settings, but with no help.. 😞 The bass it's there, but the difference it's too little compared to the old MK4 with no B&O... 

I also have the B&O and the bass is absolutely huge and ridiculous.

I had to lower the sub settings with two steps in volume for it to sound more balanced.

Now I come from listening to sound monitors (Top end Sennheiser headphones on quality DACs and Genelec desktop) and I can clearly say the B&O is pretty crappy :))

Not really worth the money. But if you compare it to the standard sound system which is an actual joke it does sound way better.

On the other hand if you compare it to how sound "should sound", it is far away and pretty distorted.

This is why I have the sonic dampening materials prepared for me to insulate the doors once the summer comes and eliminate all vibrations. (at 12 volume from a scale of 30 I can already hear the plastic in the doors vibrating and having their own resonance contrary to the sound waves from the song 😖)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Some real mixed reviews coming in of the new Focus, i really hope it's not disappointing 😬 

Having owned one before, i was not disappointed, but that was in 2014. 

2 minutes ago, SausagMan said:

Some real mixed reviews coming in of the new Focus, i really hope it's not disappointing 😬 

Don't listen to the reviews. The biggest complaints are the tech and the big screen - not a deal breaker at all. Love the big screen, I can have radio and nav. Climate you set up once. 

It drives phenomenally, you feel special, the seats are amazing. Manual gearbox is juicy and it grips so well.

Once you see it and drive off, you'll be in love.  

I  only have two complaints with the ST. No driving modes, would like a bit more customizability and it is quite loud on the highway. Combo of engine and tyre noise to blame.

• Like 3

Just now, adam2231 said:

Don't listen to the reviews. The biggest complaints are the tech and the big screen - not a deal breaker at all. Love the big screen, I can have radio and nav. Climate you set up once. 

It drives phenomenally, you feel special, the seats are amazing. Manual gearbox is juicy and it grips so well.

Once you see it and drive off, you'll be in love.  

I  only have two complaints with the ST. No driving modes, would like a bit more customizability and it is quite loud on the highway. Combo of engine and tyre noise to blame.

I am used to the screen being the main control point, its exactly the same on my XC90. 

I am deffinately not one to pass to complete judgment until I have tested it myself. 

I am excited for Tuesday & I am sure it won't let me down as a 2nd car. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SausagMan said:

Having owned one before, i was not disappointed, but that was in 2014. 

Same man! I currently have a MK3.5 focus ST and I'm genuinely worried I'm giving up something that I truly love for something that comes across as a little hit or miss, with some clear cost cutting going on! 

No ambient lighting (can't have performance pack on estate, so no option for lights), no illuminated scuff plates in the front door sills (currently have ST illuminated, going to no lights and ford performance). Some other really daft things (no runners for the boot cover). 

However, like it's been said, a lot of little niggles here and there, nothing completely deal breaking at all! Also, I know once I'm sat in it and with some open road ahead, that extra but of torque, horsepower and noise will definitely make up for it! 

I've heard amazing things about how it drives, even a "if you own a mk 3 and going into this, you're going to love" 😁 

It'll be fine mate, I'm certain of it! 😎

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coley666 said:

Same man! I currently have a MK3.5 focus ST and I'm genuinely worried I'm giving up something that I truly love for something that comes across as a little hit or miss, with some clear cost cutting going on! 

No ambient lighting (can't have performance pack on estate, so no option for lights), no illuminated scuff plates in the front door sills (currently have ST illuminated, going to no lights and ford performance). Some other really daft things (no runners for the boot cover). 

However, like it's been said, a lot of little niggles here and there, nothing completely deal breaking at all! Also, I know once I'm sat in it and with some open road ahead, that extra but of torque, horsepower and noise will definitely make up for it! 

I've heard amazing things about how it drives, even a "if you own a mk 3 and going into this, you're going to love" 😁 

It'll be fine mate, I'm certain of it! 😎

Fingers crossed Pal, I reckon I will. 

But after reading a few recent posts on here its got me doubting my decision, but the proof is in the pudding! 

I have about a hundred mile drive back home, so that's a good initial test. 

I sent the pictures to the detailer this morning, he is really looking forward to making that green glow. 

• Like 1

I also read somewhere that the new ST doesn't have the projected ST puddle lights on the wing mirror? 

I'm still really excited.

I think its all relative anyway. It depends what you've come out of.

For instance, my leon is crap. It's sooooo boring to drive, the stereo is woeful, like there's some massive compression going on.

Just got a lift home in the Mrs Puma, and her heater and heated seats warmed us right up with the xmas tunes on what I think is am excellent stereo compared with the rubbish that's in the Leon.

Let's not forget too, it's all about how the focus drives. They are truly a cut above.

My £100 focus saloon on 51 reg still remains the best car I've ever owned. Genuinely.

I'll be buzzing in my new motor I know it. B&o tuned up loud with a warm bum and a great handling chassis underneath me.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Coley666 said:

My dealer told me usually 2 weeks from port to dealership, depending how much they have to move and where things are going etc. I'd say 50/50 you'll get it in time for Christmas

But be mindful of shutdowns over Christmas for approx 2 weeks

My car is stuck in Dagenham. Dealer sent me this

IMG-20221202-WA0003_1_1.jpg

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, IL Dotore said:

I also have the B&O and the bass is absolutely huge and ridiculous.

I had to lower the sub settings with two steps in volume for it to sound more balanced.

Now I come from listening to sound monitors (Top end Sennheiser headphones on quality DACs and Genelec desktop) and I can clearly say the B&O is pretty crappy :))

Not really worth the money. But if you compare it to the standard sound system which is an actual joke it does sound way better.

On the other hand if you compare it to how sound "should sound", it is far away and pretty distorted.

This is why I have the sonic dampening materials prepared for me to insulate the doors once the summer comes and eliminate all vibrations. (at 12 volume from a scale of 30 I can already hear the plastic in the doors vibrating and having their own resonance contrary to the sound waves from the song 😖)

Weird, in my dad's old Focus I have the same felling and you explain with vibration, on the new Focus with B&O I can't hear vibrations at 12/30 volume...I mean, at 12 volume it's already too high to be audible, in the old Focus this would be 25/30... Also, what sound settings are you using? I'm somewhere between energetic and bright 

13 hours ago, SausagMan said:

I sent the pictures to the detailer this morning, he is really looking forward to making that green glow. 

I'm awaiting a few quotes but it's really going to come out amazing I'm certain of it! 

Very excited to wash it myself too 🙈

13 hours ago, SausagMan said:

I also read somewhere that the new ST doesn't have the projected ST puddle lights on the wing mirror? 

My Mk3.5 has puddle lights, but doesn't say ST in them. Not sure if the MK4 had an ST in them or not. But again, an annoyance but not a deal breaker 😁

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Plimp92 said:

I'll be buzzing in my new motor I know it. B&o tuned up loud with a warm bum and a great handling chassis underneath me.

This. Exactly this! 🤩

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club