Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

52 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

I don't like when people who you have talked to for quite a while suddenly decide they no longer want to talk to you, offer no explanations as to why and then block you. 

Can relate to that. My close friend back in secondary school I was trying to message via Facebook about the girl I liked and him telling me about her. He didn't block me but seems like he's not bothered having a conversation. I just think that's the way he's become over the years. 

• Like 2

On 5/9/2020 at 3:31 PM, dtulip8 said:

I don’t like the effect lockdown is having on my wallet! Keep ordering little bits for the car to make it perfect! Buying up the bits to do a Sync 3 retrofit at some point!

Lol if I hopefully keep my fiesta regardless of the ULEZ charge extention next year I might change the wheels and headlights. There's a YouTuber I watch who told me he's going to sell his bola B1s in a few months and actually would be happier I buy them than a randomer as I help and support him on the channel. This is his car with the wheels on it. He said he might refurb two of them so basically if it happens I'll have a new set of wheels 😊

Screenshot_20200510-171316.png

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Lol if I hopefully keep my fiesta regardless of the ULEZ charge extention next year I might change the wheels and headlights. There's a YouTuber I watch who told me he's going to sell his bola B1s in a few months and actually would be happier I buy them than a randomer as I help and support him on the channel. This is his car with the wheels on it. He said he might refurb two of them so basically if it happens I'll have a new set of wheels 😊

That’d be great if you keep it, Bola’s always look good on Ford’s 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, zain611 said:

You'll have to buy a set of lowering springs too...  And then the modification bug starts and you can't stop! :laugh:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

You'll have to buy a set of lowering springs too...  And then the modification bug starts and you can't stop! :laugh:

So true,

I started off with fitting a rear spoiler; now I've got full HID 😂

No seriously then although it made the flow of the vehicle much better it also emphasised the need to lower the rear of the vehicle and level out the window sills,

I managed to get away from car modification after six years and €15,000 spent on mods to the focus,

Spent three years improving the house instead, then twi months ago I went back to the focus; fitted an ST2 blue Recaro seats, 

20200505_201534.thumb.jpg.a2586ddc54a20af7b88174fe898c9ec4.jpg

20200329_114205.thumb.jpg.7c49392eeb927e20f68c912258d18e07.jpg

20200329_155656.thumb.jpg.524e24dc5098eda0ffb00852adab7a60.jpg

Last month I went back at it nstalled a tv tuner and HDMI socket in the centre console linked to a 7" pioneer headunit to assist with self isolation lunch breaks at work,

20200418_063420.thumb.jpg.bd984791a25cd9f5354ac418db3e4a8f.jpg

IR receiver fitted inside the garage door compartment 

20200427_194252.thumb.jpg.1e495c56ea4b5bee9388c0d531f35e0d.jpg

This week I've changed bank accounts and set up a savings plan to eventually purchase a mk2 RS 🥳 which hopefully I'll be importing from the uk in a year and a half time to be a driveway queen, and transfer the €4,000 JL Audio system from this focus to it, aswell as the second reverse light and sparco tow strap from inside the boot panel. I've a standing order set up to transfer funds to savings account automatically now on the day I get paid each month; same as though I took a significant wage cut but it's going to Savings, 

All started a few weeks ago when I stopped off at CircleK on the motorway to get some Diesel; saw and heard a mk2 ST accelerate out of the fuel station 😛 the sound of the exhaust and dump valve woosh on a clear sky morning and seeing the smile on the drivers face got me thinking yeah that's something I would like myself and to transfer some of my mods over to. May seem like a distant savings plan but I've got a mortgage, wife and three kids to provide for aswell, so my progress may be slow but I'll get there; favour the mk2 the most so will be a 2010 again. 

Got an insurance quote of €920 for it, not bad 

@zain611 those Rota Grid alloys look great, 

• Like 4

@dtulip8 yeah they definitely do. Just hoping now he sells them soon and let's me know. He did show me some wheels he will be getting next.

@TomsFocus I think I'm already getting that bug 😂. Was happy about the insurance quote not changing when declaring the headlights and wheels. I am getting angry however that the quotes are going up when I update them 🙄. Don't know about lowering the car as it might sit right with the 17s. Would get those rack limitors. Just waiting for lockdown to get lifted and businesses to get back to normal so I can contact the company who have those headlights when they expect to get more in stock. I messaged and called them but I have a feeling the company is temporarily shut. Also praying I get those wheels though he sounds happy for me to get them. I am also thinking now of getting wind deflectors and colour coding the plastic trims now. Currently looking into how to spray textured plastic. Will get sandpaper, plastic primer and high build primer, base coat and 2k clear coat. Just need to practice as I never sprayed before. Might get a TRC front splitter which will look good if I blacked out the plastic lower grill. Also might message Steve from HDI tuning about sending my ECU to him to map the car. Will ask him if it's better to spend the extra £50 going to him in Bristol for the workshop map.

@Lenny they are bola B1s 😁. Yeah they do look like the rotas. The ones Ill hopefully get the guy said they aren't buckled and might refurbish the front wheels as they are curbed a bit. 

Would be cool and a change for you to get that RS 👍

Screenshot_20200510-195548.png

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, zain611 said:

@Lenny they are bola B1s 😁. Yeah they do look like the rotas. The ones Ill hopefully get the guy said they aren't buckled and might refurbish the front wheels as they are curbed a bit. 

Would be cool and a change for you to get that RS 👍

Rota are prone to buckling as there light weight alloys; so probably a bonus that there not, 

I'm determined to save for the RS if I save 15k they might loan me the other half

I miss petrol always had before getting the focus Diesel in 2010 which although it is highly economical and has done 320,000km now with only requiring wear and tare items, 

Alsi Lowering on 17" rims wont effect the wheels, because the overall circumference of the wheel wont change; your replacing rubber side wall from the existing wheel with alloy. 

Will be screaming to be lowered after fitting 17" rims, and lowering enhances the handling performance after tracking alignment has been completed.

• Like 1

@Lenny same here. My dad's friend dropped off his wife's Citroën C1 for my dad to change the clutch on. Loved driving it around the back as its identical to the Peugeot 107 I had and love the sound from its 3 cylinder engine. It was really hard putting it into gears but my dad showed me that the release bearing was messed up so likely the garage his friend took the car to to do the clutch originally didn't fit that bearing on properly. Shifts into gears so much better now. 

I was thinking that the bigger wheels might make it look better in the arch. I don't think I'll be lowering it as its already a stiff ride and I wouldn't want to worry about scraping the splitter if I do get one. Do have to say whenever I do get the opportunity it really is fun driving fast around a slight bend. Dud this a few months back on a large roundabout going onto the dual carriageway 😁. Hopefully also those tires he has on the wheels are good. One I believe might be toyo proxys

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lenny said:

Rota are prone to buckling as there light weight alloys; so probably a bonus that there not, 

I'm determined to save for the RS if I save 15k they might loan me the other half

I miss petrol always had before getting the focus Diesel in 2010 which although it is highly economical and has done 320,000km now with only requiring wear and tare items, 

Alsi Lowering on 17" rims wont effect the wheels, because the overall circumference of the wheel wont change; your replacing rubber side wall from the existing wheel with alloy. 

Will be screaming to be lowered after fitting 17" rims, and lowering enhances the handling performance after tracking alignment has been completed.

I’m going to hopefully be purchasing a MK2 ST in the not too distant future as a 21st birthday present. Hopefully a nice orange one will appear.

• Like 4

Hate what happened not long ago. Went to start the car after its been sitting on the road for several days. The battery was drained 😶. Was cranking slow and wasn't starting. Luckily dad charged it for a few minutes and it started. 

Lol I was sitting in the car park with the engine still on whilst I waited for mum to do the shopping. Came back turned the car off after an hour and a half it was left on then switched it on again and it fired up perfectly. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Hate what happened not long ago. Went to start the car after its been sitting on the road for several days. The battery was drained 😶. Was cranking slow and wasn't starting. Luckily dad charged it for a few minutes and it started. 

Lol I was sitting in the car park with the engine still on whilst I waited for mum to do the shopping. Came back turned the car off after an hour and a half it was left on then switched it on again and it fired up perfectly. 

Either you must have a drain somewhere, or your battery must be old? Car batteries should be able to go a month or two at least without being used, and should still be able to start...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Either you must have a drain somewhere, or your battery must be old? Car batteries should be able to go a month or two at least without being used, and should still be able to start...

The car was parked on the road and I left the dashcam on since for those several days. Also since uni I haven't been driving much only driving once a week doing 6 miles. Think I've been driving it a little more during lockdown for essential shopping but I feel because of that and it sitting for days with the camera on that may have done it. 

I have a Bosch battery which is around 2 years old. 

1 minute ago, zain611 said:

The car was parked on the road and I left the dashcam on since for those several days. Also since uni I haven't been driving much only driving once a week doing 6 miles. Think I've been driving it a little more during lockdown for essential shopping but I feel because of that and it sitting for days with the camera on that may have done it. 

I have a Bosch battery which is around 2 years old. 

Very likely... 2 years isn't old at all. If you knew the wattage/power draw of the dash cam, I'm sure you could easily calculate based on the Wh of your battery how long it would take for it to run out...

Coincidentally I was considering leaving my dashcam on (recording) more often, given the hit and run I had last month while my car was parked. Some dash cams have a parking mode (where a g-sensor detects if your car moves and starts recording a few mins footage), which saves power, perhaps you could also invest in that. Nextbase dashcams are on sale atm, tempted to get one.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Very likely... 2 years isn't old at all. If you knew the wattage/power draw of the dash cam, I'm sure you could easily calculate based on the Wh of your battery how long it would take for it to run out...

Coincidentally I was considering leaving my dashcam on (recording) more often, given the hit and run I had last month while my car was parked. Some dash cams have a parking mode (where a g-sensor detects if your car moves and starts recording a few mins footage), which saves power, perhaps you could also invest in that. Nextbase dashcams are on sale atm, tempted to get one.

Mine doesn't have the parking mode, just wired a switch so it gets power or not without ignition feed. My dad fitted a newer dash cam in with the parking mode and I believe with parking mode it uses less power which is great 👍

Finally found time this evening to strip the belt and water pump of the mondeo. As I expected the impeller has come loose from the shaft so the pulley was turning and the impeller stationary . 

• Like 3

So new pump and belt?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yep, got a kit delivered to work today from our local motor factor. Will fit it tommorow but still need to wait on ford to get the thermostat later in week. In the mean time I'm using the Peugeot 107 to work and back. Had a few extra workers back from furlough today but still only me in the workshop the size of a football pitch! Lot longer before we back to normal ( whatever normal is now)

• Like 2

It seems it only takes me 3 glasses of wine now to make irresponsible impulse purchases on eBay

Last night I bought a sandblasting cabinet. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Finance Guy said:

It seems it only takes me 3 glasses of wine now to make irresponsible impulse purchases on eBay. 

Last night I bought a sandblasting cabinet. 

My dad bought a sandblasting gun. Hopefully will use it to prep my front calipers for painting. I am a little nervous however that I hope to sand particles don't eat away the surrounding bits in the wheel arch 

I don't like having a slight mental breakdown this morning and I can't get a telephone appointment with a doctor today.  Calmed down now but will have to get one tomorrow and look at increasing my medication.  I always joked that this job would drive me to valium but now it actually has :sad:

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

My dad bought a sandblasting gun. Hopefully will use it to prep my front calipers for painting. I am a little nervous however that I hope to sand particles don't eat away the surrounding bits in the wheel arch 

I’m not sure I would blast callipers while on the car. Guaranteed to get sand in places you don’t want sand

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, The Finance Guy said:

I’m not sure I would blast callipers while on the car. Guaranteed to get sand in places you don’t want sand

Yeah I'm planning on covering the areas up 👍

I also don't like finding out that if one of the calipers are faulty on the Passat (EPB fault) then it is £300 for a decent replacement, and they recommend replacing them in pairs!!  So basically £600 for calipers then labour on top of that!  For that price I could get a replacement car with 12 months MOT, so unfortunately the Passat will not be going through another MOT and when it runs out (or something else breaks), I'll get rid for whatever I can and replace it with a car that DOESN'T have a reputation for being one of the least reliable cars of the 21st century!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Yeah I'm planning on covering the areas up 👍

Not sure you'll be able to do that 100%, it's ok covering things with paper and plastic when painting,
You're going to need something pretty thin and super strong to withstand the sandblasting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

I'll get rid for whatever I can and replace it with a car that DOESN'T have a reputation for being one of the least reliable cars of the 21st century!

I think that rules out all Fords then....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club