Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Picked my partner up from hospital this afternoon . Nearly didn't though. Bit of a drama with new nurse who cocked up the IV line giving medication in my partner's veins. Didn't check for air in the lines properly. Only because my partner is a nurse she was watching what he was doing and shouted at him to stop quickly. Could have been very serious with air bubbles whizzing round the blood vessels. 

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, iantt said:

Bit of a drama with new nurse who cocked up the IV line giving medication in my partner's veins. 

Had a sort of similar experience myself once. Following an operation, the nurse was specifically ordered by my consultant under no circumstances to remove the drain tube for at least 24 hours. 5 minutes later........!

7 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Had a sort of similar experience myself once. Following an operation, the nurse was specifically ordered by my consultant under no circumstances to remove the drain tube for at least 24 hours. 5 minutes later........!

Well, it's not been a very good experience to say the least. She so glad of private medical ins for the op she needs now. 

1 hour ago, iantt said:

Picked my partner up from hospital this afternoon . Nearly didn't though. Bit of a drama with new nurse who cocked up the IV line giving medication in my partner's veins. Didn't check for air in the lines properly. Only because my partner is a nurse she was watching what he was doing and shouted at him to stop quickly. Could have been very serious with air bubbles whizzing round the blood vessels. 

Thank goodness she's a trained professional that noticed it 😳

I've just started reading 'This Is Going To Hurt' by Adam Kay, only a few pages in and I'm amazed at the amount of work and hours that NHS staff are expected to do 👏👏👏  

3 hours ago, iantt said:

Well, it's not been a very good experience to say the least. She so glad of private medical ins for the op she needs now. 

My wife has recently had an op for which she has waited a couple of years. Fortunately, although the NHS picked up the tab, it was carried out at a private hospital. I have to say that (apart from the Covid no visitor business) the whole process was excellent, and most importantly, a complete success.

Hope your partner has an equally good experience.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Turvey said:

... only a few pages in and I'm amazed at the amount of work and hours that NHS staff are expected to do 👏👏👏  

With respect, I spent my whole working career in 'retail', at peak times, as management on a flat salary (not hourly), I could easily have pushed in 70 hour weeks. I'm sure there are loads of jobs that simply expect their workforce to punch in extra hours just to get the job done.

Although NHS staff have this built in halo effect because they save lives, not like 'ordinary' people that simply keep the wheels of our economy going...

• Like 3

8 hours ago, StephenFord said:

as management on a flat salary (not hourly), I could easily have pushed in 70 hour weeks.

Lol, I was on that gig as well. WFH for me meant the extra stuff I did at home after  I'd been in the office/on the road/whatever all day.

Been for my annual review for my heart condition this morning.

In the post when I got home was details of a funeral plan - is someone trying to tell me something?😀

• Haha 4

I do not like that recently you could buy a blister pack of 3 x traditional 100W household bulbs for £1 (in £land), and this morning, a pack of 2 LED equivalents was £6 in Home Bargains! (Yes, I know LED uses less electric, but still, that's a helluva an increase in initial outlay!)

19 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Been for my annual review for my heart condition this morning.

In the post when I got home was details of a funeral plan - is someone trying to tell me something?😀

I got a leaflet through the door for the local owl sanctuary a few weeks ago.  Along with an official warning letter from Defra about high levels of bird flu in the area! :unsure: :laugh:  

45 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I got a leaflet through the door for the local owl sanctuary a few weeks ago.  Along with an official warning letter from Defra about high levels of bird flu in the area! :unsure: :laugh:  

We have been in a high level area for months now. Big signs on the roadside saying your entering the twilight zone🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, iantt said:

.. Big signs on the roadside saying your entering the twilight zone🤣🤣🤣

I saw those too LOL

2027266993_twighlightzone.thumb.jpg.06a311bb3e70097f4cf621712608982f.jpg

At least your not entering the twiglet zone.🤣🤣 Remember those adverts? 

Some of the fools on the road really get on my nerves. Today at 6:30 in the morning just turned out my road on the main road. Saw someone in a newer Peugeot SUV driving a little over the speed limit. Thought it's all empty on and down the road so drove a little over also. At the first speed bump I slowed down and saw him trying to overtake me. Decided to put my foot down and not let him. He backed off and then stayed off.

I regret what I did there but man there are some stupid and impatient people out there and it was early morning when the roads are near enough empty 🤦.

Had another moment with one guy a few days going in the right lane to then try indicating in front of me to go in the left lane to go straight. The idiot then went on the wrong side of the road past an island further down to turn into a side road. If I had a dash cam I would of got his plate and reported him for trying to cut in and going on the wrong side through a island. Same day during the night a idiot in a fiesta was weaving in and out of traffic and I'd say was doing 40-50 even after getting off onto the main residential roads.

Thats my rant over but have to say that little 1 litre engine in my Citroen really can intimidate people in bigger cars. I do feel though I need to fix up and review my driving behaviour as I am starting to stand up / drive more defensive with bad drivers. Need to remember I have my dash cam to report people with.

@BigLen any update with things?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Thats my rant over but have to say that little 1 litre engine in my Citroen really can intimidate people in bigger cars. I do feel though I need to fix up and review my driving behaviour as I am starting to stand up / drive more defensive with bad drivers. Need to remember I have my dash cam to report people with.

@BigLen any update with things?

I said the same yesterday to the Mrs as we decided to do some ferrying around in the "Noddy car" yesterday and got cut up by a nob in his Sportage who was in the wrong lane at a major set of lights.

I've had 3 instances on my short commute to work since I've been driving the "Noddy car" (Picanto) first one was a 21 plate transit van trying to get into the boot and eventually overtaking me directly after a roundabout in a single lane 30mph road on the wrong side of the road with a pelican crossing 20m ahead with a pedestrian waiting to cross and also only a further 50m from the next roundabout. The mind boggles. The other instances are just the usual tailgating tactics trying to intimidate as they are in a bigger car and I'm 90% certain that none of these would of happened if I was in the Focus.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Decided to put my foot down and not let him.

Sadly, I disagree with your actions. When much younger, I had the attitude of, "I'll show him!", and enter some kind of 'race' to nowhere.

Now as an old man, I simply utter a sigh to myself, pull in, and let the moronic eejit behnid overtake so that I can be called as a witness with my dashcam to the ensuing accident that may happen down the road. Patience is everything. Honestly, you need to just chill no matter how provoked you feel...

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Sadly, I disagree with your actions. When much younger, I had the attitude of, "I'll show him!", and enter some kind of 'race' to nowhere.

Now as an old man, I simply utter a sigh to myself, pull in, and let the moronic eejit behnid overtake so that I can be called as a witness with my DashCam to the ensuing accident that may happen down the road. Patience is everything. Honestly, you need to just chill no matter how provoked you feel...

This is what I do now at the age of 22 haha. I used to always want to "Show them" but I just don't bother. Id rather let the idiots be idiots and just get out of their way.

I do have a good laugh though at them especially when they do some stupid overtake to get past you, and then you catch them at the next set of lights. I had one last night, was overtaking on the motorway (Middle Lane) i was doing bang on 70. Car came right up behind me (even though he could have used the outside lane to over take me), as soon as my overtake was completed I got straight back into lane 1 and let the idiot fly off. I always remember when anything is happening that I have a Front and Rear facing dashcam, so if anything does happen, I have video proof.

• Like 2

I can't arsed with the idiots on the road either.  Chilled out now as it's not worth getting wound up. But the odd time I do still tend to wind the window down and give my middle finger some fresh air with a smile. 

Or tossers at work. Boss come ranting to us one at a time. Got to me and could immediately read my face. Don't bother, I'm not listening anyway. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, iantt said:

Chilled out now as it's not worth getting wound up. But the odd time I do still tend to wind the window down and give my middle finger some fresh air with a smile. 

How very American LOL The old two fingers out of use now?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, StephenFord said:

How very American LOL The old two fingers out of use now?

Yeah, arthritis.🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, iantt said:

Yeah, arthritis.🤣🤣🤣

Half the energy needed as well 😉

• Haha 2

@Wino yeah sometimes the car can provoke people to do stupid stuff. When I had my boy racer looking fiesta I didn't have as much idiots try anything.

@StephenFord definitely agree with you. I do regret doing that as my mind tries getting worried about things like what sort of person the driver is or if there were any police or cameras that might come back to me. After we fix the Peugeot 107 we have I'll be changing my insurance to that and want to have a front and rear camera fitted so I can get good footage of bad drivers.

@Matthew McGuinness thing is I never used to be like this until 7 years driving. You are right though to have the mindset with the dash cams. Really want a rear camera added as the recent incidences like the second incident I mentioned I couldn't get the plate but I'm sure a rear camera would if gotten it. Was a 2021 focus ST as well but had trade plates on.

• Like 2

Don't like that the bl00dy birds have been using the TV aerial as a perch and Pooping point so have to park the Focus at the far end of the driveway and the Noddy car on the road.

Had an anti bird spike fitted yesterday and theres still bird droppings on the driveway this morning where the Focus would of been parked...grrrrrrrrrr.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wino said:

Don't like that the bl00dy birds have been using the TV aerial as a perch and Pooping point so have to park the Focus at the far end of the driveway and the Noddy car on the road.

Had an anti bird spike fitted yesterday and theres still bird droppings on the driveway this morning where the Focus would of been parked...grrrrrrrrrr.

Damn near killed myself trying to wipe over the cars last weekend.  First time for over a year, hoped they'd stay clean for a while...then saw this this morning!  FFS...

822453339_IMG_20220430_171304708_HDR2.thumb.jpg.8cd748e6355f953cd48f968b146280c7.jpg

1796464470_IMG_20220430_1713009392.thumb.jpg.f5ae9afe0c04e38d211013bb19a70076.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 5

I have a rookery out the back of me, my car is used daily as target practice, and they're pretty dam good LOL That's why I'm a big fan of 'waterless wax', as it a quick daily task to keep on top of removing bird sh*t 🤣

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club